It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I saw a Bigfoot!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I had to get this out of my system because it's been driving me crazy! I didn't want to start telling everyone I knew I seen a Bigfoot, this was life altering and i didn't feel like being the butt of everyone's jokes over something that i don't find to be 1 bit funny. I figured this is the perfect place to get it off my chest.
First of all I live in Washington state. A good friend and I like to go up in the woods and do some rock hounding.We look for quartz,agate, thunder eggs,whatever. The main thing is it's sooo relaxing up there, all of your troubles seem miles away. Anyway we went down the Kalama river until the road ended,from there on in the forest access has been closed to people for years(not sure why) It may have something to do with Mt. St. Helens which is a few miles up. We parked, grabbed the dog,a pure bread boxer and started walking in and up. After about an hour or so we were going down a narrow path at about 2000 ft elevation(which is nothing up here)thick woods to our left going straight up and the same to our right going straight down. We could here a creek running nearby so we headed that way. Out of nowhere the normally cerebral boxer named Sammy started darting back and forth on the trail sniffing the ground intensely. Normally very obedient she was almost frantic and wouldn't obey. That's when we came to a turn in the trail,as we rounded the turn both my friend and i had our attention diverted by movement 75 ft down the hill. As we both looked down the steep hill we saw something huge and black standing on 2 legs when suddenly it literally dove for cover behind a huge tree stump,and then nothing. As we stood there looking it was still and silent, nothing. We continued for a bit but being unarmed and not able to shake the feeling of being watched we headed back. Out of curiosity when i got home I googled Kalama river Bigfoot sightings and wow! This area was loaded with recent sightings. Very secluded area.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

If such a beast exists, I would stay away from it. It could rip your arms off. Just thinking about it scares me, like the feeling you get when you encounter a puma in the wild.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I'd say first try and disqualify all other possible answers other than BigFoot.

Might also be smart to right down the best detailed report of the even that you can. Have your friend do the same then cross check them for accuracy and differences.

Then if you want to try and validate it. Go try and find evidence for what you think it might be. Like go back to that same location and search of anything that might answer your questions.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Animals moving around in the woods leave hairs on tree branches and Shrubbery, so go and look where you saw the "Bigfoot" and see if you could collect some hairs to get analyzed.

You could potentially have concluding evidence of bigfoot

Good luck

Oh, and bring a camera, you never know if it is still hanging around in the area.
edit on 13-3-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yep. They are out there. Best bet is to leave them be.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

The frustrating part is I can't get my friend to go back up there with me and he knows how to get there. I know the general area but if you take a wrong turn it's easy to get lost. He seems to be too freaked out to risk another encounter, but i'm working on it and i think if we take sidearms i might get him to go. I absolutely will not go by myself. It's in the middle of nowhere,3 mile hike from your car,no cell service and dense forest.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46

The frustrating part is I can't get my friend to go back up there with me and he knows how to get there. I know the general area but if you take a wrong turn it's easy to get lost. He seems to be too freaked out to risk another encounter, but i'm working on it and i think if we take sidearms i might get him to go. I absolutely will not go by myself. It's in the middle of nowhere,3 mile hike from your car,no cell service and dense forest.

Forget about defending yourself with that pea shooter.
Leave some fruit as a peace offering. Tobacco and alcohol is not a bad idea.
If you are lucky you may find some prints.
Piss one off and you may go missing.
edit on 13-3-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

If this creature does exist, it's odd why they don't want to be seen. I can understand if it was a small animal who would hide to protect itself, but these creatures are said to be huge! I can't see why they would feel threatened unless they know how dangerous the human species is.

I can understand you and your friend being scared, especially if you're not armed to protect yourself.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

If this creature does exist, it's odd why they don't want to be seen. I can understand if it was a small animal who would hide to protect itself, but these creatures are said to be huge! I can't see why they would feel threatened unless they know how dangerous the human species is.

I can understand you and your friend being scared, especially if you're not armed to protect yourself.

They get shot at by humans. They aren't armed and don't know which of us are. But, you get one that had its child or wife killed and you might have a real problem. They have been aggressive before. Broken deer rifles in half after being shot. I wouldn't go shooting at one with anything less than a .444 elephant gun or something. A large animal like that can close distance fast and a small caliber weapon just pisses them off. I have seen slugs just flatten out on a Ferrel hog. Most hog hunters down here will tell you most die falling on you after being shot several times by large caliber handguns. I saw one (bigfoot) once in Michigan and heard one that was tracked by the Georgia DNR in our hunting camp. I won't shoot them, but there are a lot of people in the woods that have guns and will.

edit on 13/3/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

They have been aggressive before. Broken deer rifles in half after being shot.
a reply to: spirit_horse

I never heard of this. Is there a case about this incident where I can read about it on the internet?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46
i think if we take sidearms

That might actually be a bad idea if you're hoping to have any more encounters.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I never heard of this. Is there a case about this incident where I can read about it on the internet?

Check out the Missing 411 stories. Alot of people have been found dead. One park service guy was found squeezed to death. Something grabbed him and squeezed him so hard that his ribs broke and punctured his lung.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Thanks, I'll check it out!!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

My rule of thumb is to respect animals. The same would be true of a bigfoot. Most animals in North America will give you your space if you give them theirs.

Those wild boars though, nasty to the end.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I hear tell the make them out of bacon. Hmmmmmmm......bacon..........

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Sidearms aren't a good idea.

Think about offerings, instead. Something like fruits, or maybe naturally flavored candies? Something colorful, even.

You won't make a friend, but you may earn some toleration...or buy, rather.

I've seen the critter my self, and seeking to harm it, even in self defense could prove very dangerous.

He's much bigger. Much stronger. ...and woods wise beyond most of us. You'd rapidly become the hunted.

Be careful, and be smart. As the old saying goes: Softly, softly, catchee monkey... Be patient. Be quiet. Be, well, polite.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I wish I had a source for you to read. I heard it many many years ago. It was two guys on horseback hunting. They were on a dirt road or two track coming around a wooded turn when the lead hose started grunting and bucking obviously it detected this thing first. Anyway, this bigfoot came around the corner and the guy shot it with his rifle. It continued toward him and took the rifle and broke it in half and the other guy on horseback took off to get help after seeing this unfold. When the guy came back with others the hunter that shot it was hurt, but not bod. The bigfoot mainly was taking the rifle away and breaking it obviously startled by the shot and probably hurt. I don't know if it was hit or not. This was in the Pacific NW.

Now there is some goings on in Louisianan in more recent times of what we call a skunkape (bigfoot) being very aggressive in the swamp out there. He actually goes after people. This had occurred to the point a bunch of locals got a group of special forces soldiers and paid them to hunt this beast to kill it because it scared the locals so bad. Nothing ever came of it though last I heard back around early 2000;s maybe late 90's. Gettin old now and these things build up in the files. Often things I have heard or experienced are not something you can find on the net. Many of these kinds of stories are told by long time hunters not the types to be hanging around on the net telling their tales. Some people you know are very serious types, law enforcement, rangers, forest workers, etc. that aren't the type to tell stories. They usually have to rely on their reputation in their business and telling stories of encounters like that doesn't usually work out career wise for them.

As trollz mentioned the Missing411 stories are some that you might hear among a small group of law enforcement types, rangers, SAR groups, but not discussed much and not with outsiders. There is something aggressive out there and I happen to be a hunter that hunted all my life. I hunt with a lot of retired federal agents, vets, etc. and they are all serious type folks. Stringent on the rules concerning alcohol and guns, not coming in camp with a chambered round, etc. My best friend was an intelligence agent with me and we have known each other 35 years. It took me 20 years to tell him of my sighting. I am well aware of the giggle factor and until we had the one in our hunting camp that had tracks cast by the DNR and he heard the scream I decided I could tell him about my story. My sighting is on the BFRO here.

Wish I could give you hard evidence or a good link to incidents, but I don't know any on the net.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Seeing one of those things is indeed a life altering event. I am also in WA state and saw one crossing a road onto Ft Lewis Army base a couple of years ago. Rocked my world and I ended up trading all of my camping equipment for yard work because I can't ever see myself sleeping out in the woods in just a tent ever again. Thank you for sharing your story with us. reply to: fartsmeller46

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

My rule of thumb is to respect animals. The same would be true of a bigfoot. Most animals in North America will give you your space if you give them theirs.

Yea, I don't have any problems with animals harassing me. I am more worried about pit vipers and those wild boars because down here the palmettos make it so you can see # below your waist in a lot of places. Not where you want to hear a boar. If they manage to get a tusk in your calf and you go down, well your life can be on the line with a quickness. I did see a funny thing once though. This guy Ricky weighs in at 340lbs. He shot an 8 point bow hunting. He goes over and is going to gut the deer and about the time he touches the tip of his knife to the buck it was far from dead. It hooked him in the gut and threw him in the air in a full one and a half and ran off. It was hilarious, but he did have to go to the hospital for puncture wounds. Them dangerous deer lol. Any wild animal can put a hurting on you especially if they weigh in over 50 lbs. They can be vicious beyond expectation. I can;t imagine a bigfoot grabbing me.

We almost became panther food once in the Pin Hook Swamp Unit. This map appeared on the back of of a WMA map of the Osceola National Forest one year. It was open and never hunted so we went on Thanksgiving day. We didn't know loggers built the roads out into the swamp in the 40's by laying trees down and dumping dirt on top. My truck tire broke through and my 4WD wouldn't pull it out. We were about 6 or 7 miles in the swamp. No one was seen all day. We did see a forestry tower near the main road but it was going to be a few hour hike in those swamp boots. We walked up a little farther and there was about 30 large cages with steel bars about 2" thick stacked up. Never saw anything like them before.

We started walking out and there was this large scat that looked like two pieces of taffy twisted together that we never saw around either. Well, we were lucky just before sunset a truck came down the road. These guys were like WTH are you doing out here? Well, obviously hunting but got stuck. They said you guys are lucky we decided to come out for a ride because you wouldn't have made it out alive. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission biologists released a bunch of large panthers to see if they would mate with Florida panthers. One male cat found later was over 300lbs. The Florida Panther is endangered. Anyway, they come up on the road to feed at night and were released right there in the cages where my truck got stuck. A big cat jumping on you in the dark is all over. It can be heard except maybe the last pounce or bound and once on you a long gun is useless.

Respect and knowing what is about is also critical. These cats didn't have anywhere to go in the swamp and the road is where all the wildlife comes at night to get out of the swamp and eat the grass on the road and around turnaround areas built by loggers. Still those Boars are the biggest problem down here and I have encountered bear, 12' to 13' gators, nests of moccasins, 6' Eastern Diamondback rattlers, even wild bulls in the National Forrest etc. and I still worry about the boars more than anything else.

new topics

top topics

join