It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loretta Lynch removes herself from Supreme Court consideration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

Attorney General Loretta Lynch has told the White House she does not want to be nominated to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court.

In a statement issued Tuesday, a Justice Department spokeswoman said although the Attorney General was grateful for support of those who have suggested her as a possible nominee, she thought that a nomination would “curtail her effectiveness in her current role.”

“Given the urgent issues before the Department of Justice, she asked not to be considered for the position,” DOJ spokeswoman Melanie Newman said.

I have to wonder if the Hillary Clinton/Clinton Foundation investigation has anything to do with this? What else could be so important that she couldn't turn it over to somebody else in exchange for a Supreme Court position?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Perhaps she feels that she is not qualified, or maybe she doesn't want to go through the process which will inevitably be a huge circus.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I think it has to do with the fact she would not be confirmed. There is also the possibility she is needed to derail any possible action against Hillary.
edit on 8-3-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
She knows they will dig up plenty on her.

Smart.

And, it's possible the DNC/Hillary connections would be exposed.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and just breathe a sigh of relief for the bullet we just dodged.

Though it kind of makes me a little nervous for who eventually gets nominated.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It could be that she's of the opinion that nobody is going to get confirmed and it's not worth the hubbub. Another related possibility would be that she doesn't think anyone can be confirmed, wants the job and is banking on a Democrat winning the election and sees her chances as better without a failed confirmation this year.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

More like ... Loretta Lynch understands that if she is nominated in the current climate, she will NEVER have a chance to serve on the SCOTUS, but if she waits and the chips fall her way, the NEXT POTUS could potentially be a Hillary or Bernie who might consider her and then she might get considered and approved.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Having a Dem take the White House doesn't matter when it comes to SOTUS nominations, unless the Dems can take control of congress and the WH.

Otherwise, Hillary or Bernie can take the WH and it will not matter one bit. We will be in the same situation.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No, I think if the Dems win the election, the Republicans in the Senate will go back to doing what they did for most of Obama's two terms - giving his appointees their due consideration and only striking those who are beyond the pale. After all, there wasn't a whole lot of fuss over either Kagan or Sotomayor in reality, much less than was drummed up for Thomas say.

They are digging their heels in in this case because they see a potential shift in the will of the people and it is not unprecedented for Senates to stall out on the SCOTUS at the tail end of lame duck terms as much as people want to pretend otherwise. It has happened on both left and right.
edit on 8-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I tend to agree with you, but also she may have some dirty laundry in her closet that she doesn't want anybody to smell.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I suppose that is possible.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

news.yahoo.com...

The U.S. attorney nominated by President Barack Obama to be his next attorney general is asking a federal judge to impose a stiff prison term of up to four and a half years on a former Hillary Clinton fundraiser convicted of making more than $180,000 in illegal campaign contributions.

The request by Loretta Lynch, the U.S. attorney in Brooklyn, to reject leniency for wealthy hotelier Sant Singh Chatwal and have him sent to federal prison is the latest example of the tough stance Justice Department prosecutors are taking with those convicted of making so-called conduit contributions — campaign cash that is falsely reported as being made in the name of others.

Loretta Lynch may actually want to do her job when it comes to prosecuting Hillary Clinton. Hillary has a lot of dirty laundry when it comes to illegal contributions, and Loretta Lynch knows that.

There is also the possibility that she wants to remain in the Justice department in order to prevent prosecution of Hillary.

Either way, the public is watching her.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I did posted on another thread the that the person in charge of the instigation of the Hillary Clinton case is a very hard cookie to crumble. He has a record of been un bias and if finding anything he will push the issue no matter what and the public will know about it.

But it seems that is obstruction coming from the president itself, he is the one that have to directed the Justice department into arranging a Grand jury, so maybe Loretta wants to go ahead with the Grand jury but the president is holding back due to the coming elections and Hillary presidential candidacy.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There is a lot of corruption within the democratic party and Loretta may be wanting to make a big name for herself by being part of the investigations and clean up.....or she may be wanting to PREVENT the investigations, or rather, the prosecutions.

Here is another one, but there are literally dozens:

This one involves Bill and Hillary, Barack Obama, and John Kerry

Donor to Democrats Pleads Guilty to $292 Million Fraud www.nytimes.com...

Here's another one:

28-month sentence for businessman who funneled cash to Hillary Clinton campaigns
www.washingtonpost.com... 45-773c0123c027_story.html

I'm sure Loretta Lynch is well aware of all the high stakes corruption. What her intentions are is the Big Question.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Thank God we sure dodged a bullet.

Take cover more on the way.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would have enjoyed watching her get raked over the coals. She's not good at her current job though, no reason for a promotion

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Perhaps she feels that she is not qualified, or maybe she doesn't want to go through the process which will inevitably be a huge circus.

Perhaps there's something real with Hillary, and she feels that if she leaves her current post it may not get prosecuted properly.

Alternatively, perhaps she's reading the political climate and doesn't want to deal with the Republicans demanding Hillary be prosecuted and the Democrats demanding she not. Supreme Court confirmations are not supposed to be that political.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I don't sure that if she is qualified.

Just look around and see the show.

how to date a thai girl is a big question.

new topics

top topics

join