It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Jerry Springer the Opera’ Broadway bound!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Jerry Springer the opera is coming to the United States, but right now it is showing in London. It will be broadcast live on television Saturday night on BBC. More than 20,000 have complained and are planning protests.

LONDON - Months before coming to the United States, “Jerry Springer the Opera” is stirring up controversy in Britain.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The show, which contains up to 8,000 profanities and features tap-dancers dressed as Ku Klux Klan members and a showdown between Satan and a diaper-wearing Jesus, will be broadcast live on televisions across the country by the British Broadcasting Corp. on Saturday evening.

Jerry Springer is the epotimy of what is wrong in the world today. He takes the most screwed up people he can find and exploits their problems on national T.V. it makes headlines, it makes ratings so someone somewhere decided to cash in on this and make an "opera". In will run for six weeks in San Fransico in the spring and open on Broadway next fall. Bad taste has no limit when Jerry Springer is involved!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
haha. That's kind of funny. I've never been able to sit through a Jerry Springer show, I don't know how people can sit and watch talkshows all day, much less crap like Jerry Springer.
I remember a friend of mine used to sit and watch as many as possible.. and there was always the constant beeping of profanities. It's damn annoying.

Why would someone want to be on the show??

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I love Jerry Springer

Of Course being from Arkansas I personally know people that have been on the show (have the tapes to prove it)

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You have to realise that this is an Opera about one fictional episode of Jerry Springer.

Well I watched it on Saturday on the BBC and thought it was excellent! There was/is so much controversy around the viewing. I dont think it will be shown on US TV though, I hope it does make it to Broadway.

The amount of protests it generated was immense, the BBC have never before in its history, had so many people trying to prevent it from being aired. It contains very strong language and what could be deemed as blasphemy - that is if your a regular church goer.

Long live freedom of speech!!

P.S. The Ku Klux Klan sketch was hilarious - a must see. (it could have been included in a Monty Python sketch)

Spacemunkey

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The show is disgusting. They portrait Jesus as gay. I am no faithful christian, but that these people have really crossed the limits.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Can't probably be much worse for the generational change than Jesus Christ, Superstar was in its day. However... Having said that...

If you significant other should say to you, "Honey, I have tickets to the Jerry Springer Show"... Don't go! Nothing good can come of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is one of the funniest things i've heard all month.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Who is to say that Jesus was'nt gay??

were you there??

top topics

join