It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC Fight: Why Nate Diaz Beat Champion Connor McGregor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist

originally posted by: LostThePlot
The two greatest triathletes ever both ate low carb diets and hold many records.
Look up the name Paula Newby Fraiser and Mark Allen.
I eat a ketogenic diet,have perfect cholesterol,perfect blood pressure,constant energy and I'm the fittest I've ever been.I also recently set a personal record of cycling 30 miles in 67 minutes.

While it's totally possible to have excellent cardio health while eating a diet of steak and Ding Dongs, washed down with a gallon of Jack Daniels every night, along with chain smoking cigarettes, the odds are against it.

Study after study has shown low carb diets put people at a high risk for cardio vascular disease. Most people who chain smoke their whole life never go on to develop lung cancer, but that doesn't mean smoking doesn't cause cancer.

Again this is nonsense.I tend not to argue with vegans,as you people ignore facts,cherry pick data,stamp your feet then cry.
Low carb diets have nothing to do with heart disease and neither does cholesterol.Simple carbohydrates and inflammation are the main factors with regard to CVD. Here's a very informative video that I'm sure you wont watch or will choose to ignore the facts.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

That means he spent too much energy too quickly, right? So if his fighting style didn't change, what caused him to get winded so fast?

I don't know, maybe the fact that he was carrying 25 extra pounds that he wasn't used to?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Diaz isn't new, he's been around since 2007.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

So you have two competent fighters, with the biggest difference being their diet. McGregor didn't seem to think any of those things you mentioned mattered much. Go listen to his after fight debriefs.

I think McGregor is being totally honest and his self-assessment is spot on. He just looked wore out by round 2.

I think you're wrong. The biggest difference is one guy lost a bunch of weight and the other had to gain a bunch for the fight.

When your body gets used to throwing punches and shuffling around at it's current weight what do you think happens when you add another 25 pounds onto it?
You'll slow a bit and tire quicker.
Opposite, if you drop a bunch of weight you'll quicken a bit and your stamina will seem increased cause you're used to moving more weight.

It's similar to the effect you feel when you wear a cast for weeks then get it taken off. Your arm feels way lighter all of a sudden.
Or ankle/wrist weights.

This whole argument with no studies makes me feel like I'm reading a flat earth thread.

Connor did not have to gain weight he just didn't have to cut weight. He was most likely training his body between 165 to 168. He was then going to cut down to 155 and again gain back probably 6 to 8 for the fight.

There is no telling where Nate was HW probably didn't cut much either. He certainly didn't cut more than 7-10 lbs most likely didn't cut any but went on a fight week diet and worked out fairly hard for the week. As far as reps and movement training. The main thing a lot of people who haven't cut weight don't understand is balancing your gut throughout this type of weight loss. Especially as you get older. You have to be able to replenish yourself the next day and not feel like you have a stomach bug. How your body obsorbs food is very important when your blazing through carbs and sweating out your minerals.

Generally speaking you need a strict diet to maintain an equal input output caloric system. You have to add stress and minor injury repair.

There is definitely a sport science now. It's not all vegan by any means but it all does monitor what your doing to your body with workload/food.

The veg, pescatarian and a scientific vegan or raw foods diet are healthy diets for pro sports there main benefit being you constantly say no... I can't eat that.... and you need to paying attention to feeding yourself and being limited to the healthier options at restraunts where you don't know what kind of quality the meats used are.

Is perfectly fine to eat red meat in pro competition. If your cutting weight I wouldn't do it for the sake of some very simple gut science and emptying your bowels then filling them again. Without destroying your kidneys and liver.
edit on 7-3-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

McGregor said he lost because he, in his words, was "inefficient." So what does that translate into? That means he spent too much energy too quickly, right? So if his fighting style didn't change, what caused him to get winded so fast?

Do you think he stopped training or didn't train as hard? - I don't.

Do you think he fought in a manner that was inconsistent with his normal style of fighting, causing him to expend far more energy more rapidly than he normally would have? - I don't.

So what's left?

Whats left? exactly what he said, he was inefficient.........it wasnt because he was a meat eater....

He had gained weight and was trying to use the same energy expenditure he would use in a normal fight with his normal body mass against an opponent whose size hes use to fighting....

He was inefficient because he was landing blows with the same speed and training he was use to doing to people who couldnt take his strikes.

Thats like me using the same hammer to knock in tac nails , for framing nails, youre gonna get tired.....

He underestimated his opponents ability to take his punishment, and expended way more energy than he should of....

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
LOL How did Vegan Gains not make this video?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Oh wait he did.

Heh, gotta love his smugness, especially after he tripped on shrooms and made a video saying "I'm no longer a psychopath".

He probably gives vegans a bad name more than anyone else on youtube haha.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LostThePlot

Again this is nonsense.I tend not to argue with vegans,as you people ignore facts,cherry pick data,stamp your feet then cry.
Low carb diets have nothing to do with heart disease and neither does cholesterol.Simple carbohydrates and inflammation are the main factors with regard to CVD. Here's a very informative video that I'm sure you wont watch or will choose to ignore the facts.

Here you go buddy.

I did a whole article on why everything he said in his video is nothing but lies and deception.

www.libertariannews.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

The Gracies are all vegetarian.

The Gracies are not all vegetarian. My uncle, who runs a sanctioned Gracie school in New Jersey, and I trained with Renzo and Royce I can tell you for a fact that Renzo is not a vegetarian as I have eaten with him and the man likes his meat.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I know several of them are. Royce in particular is.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Several is not all.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The Gracie's are into their own diet mainly which takes in account keeping your body pH level neutral for extended muscle use and lactic acid building. They refer to it as food combining. Eating like foods to make use of your bodies enzyme response when you eat food. Like don't eat beans then ice cream. Eat the beans then wait a few hours eat some ice cream.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I know several of them are. Royce in particular is.

I love how you like to just argue , despite facts........

Screw truth, Screw the fact that Royce is actually Pesca- which means he eats seafood......

Screw people that actually train and understand what happens during the fight, and what Conner was talking about.....

No no, its because VEGAN! DAMN THE FACTS!

ALL HAIL THE CARROT GOD!

LoL too damn funny, i swear cross fitters, and vegans probably hang out in the same circles

5 bucks says the OP has a vegetarian blog

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

i swear cross fitters, and vegans probably hang out in the same circles

edit on 7-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Atleast he's not threatening to kill himself over a loss. He accepted it like a real fighter should! Back to the subject, meat or vegan. Poor argument. Meat and veggies fu@&ing ROCK!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Conor lost because Nate Diaz is a badder man. That's the cliff notes version. Quick tap Mcgregor will think twice before picking a fight with a Diaz brother again. 209 Motherf×€%ers!!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

edit on 3/8/2016 by Tundra because: Screwy

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

i swear cross fitters, and vegans probably hang out in the same circles

Hahaaaaa!!!!! Thats the best thing I've seen all day!!! Except for that tree my meat-eating ass cut down with nothing but a hacksaw and axe today! Eat that ya special eaters!! BTW, im only 155lb. And im dern sure that half-ton tree is pure vegan!!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So you admit I'm right. That's a change of pace. Pesco is considered a vegetarian sub-type, like lacto-ovo.

I'm not sure why you have so much anger toward people who eat healthy and avoid causing unnecessary suffering to animals.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So you admit I'm right. That's a change of pace. Pesco is considered a vegetarian sub-type, like lacto-ovo.

I'm not sure why you have so much anger toward people who eat healthy and avoid causing unnecessary suffering to animals.

Like, OMG, like gag me with a like, a pork filled spoon. My uncle beat lymphatic cancers ass, and still eats the most healthy meat and veggie diet i have ever seen!

And yes he hunts!

edit on 3/8/2016 by Tundra because: Meat for life!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join