It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hardcore Pawn on Camera Ripping Customer off

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I was just watching Youtube as I like to do on my weekend, there is no telling where you can wind up on youtube.

I wound up watching a show series called Hardcore Pawn interesting show, the whole time I am watching episodes in particular the episodes titled The Angriest and Craziest Customers I'm thinking look at these people trying to scam this business and there is a lot of people who try. I think to myself they're just trying to run a business and people try every scam they can think of.

Well I was wrong I watched the guy named Seth on a short video being exposed for stealing from a customer, wow I was shocked they could do this and probably throw this young man out of the store for being upset about it.

I know that pawn shops are well known for ripping people off but while being recorded for TV wow. I wonder how many people he rips off on a daily basis?

Any one know of any other time they got caught on TV doing this to a customer. Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
They bought a Burmese ruby from a girl trying to get money to pay for her grandmother's funeral.

They came to her and said "We've got great news, we are going to change your life today!"

They positively glowed with their gift of charity and goodwill for this poor woman.

They gave her $10,000 for it!

Basically with the attitude of what a huge favor they were doing for her and how great they were for paying her such a large sum.

Turns out it was worth well over $50,000.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Wow that was pretty crazy. Hope this guy gets his card back or at the very least proper compensation.

And old d-bag needs to face the justice system.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Man, that is "hardcore" indeed... Finally some truth in reality t.v.

namaste

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Good catch!... What a piece of garbage. I hope this kid is able to use this as evidence and possibly file a civil suit. Might be good for a couple grand.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EequalsMC2

Hopefully one of the many L.E.O.s we have here will forward this info to the proper authorities.

Would love to see these thieves get their comupance.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yeah I watched a couple of episodes and concluded that those people who run that store are low grade scummy scamming vermin who pray off the poor and struggling.

Not only that but I got a feeling that most of the 'customers' are paid actors paid to play up and rant and rave. TV like this should be binned along with these thieving owners.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

I wonder how many people he rips off on a daily basis?

This is how people unjustly get bad names.
That is not his rookie card. Look at the top of the backs of the other cards - they are different. Maybe a 2nd year or something. Please retract statement. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Good catch!... What a piece of garbage. I hope this kid is able to use this as evidence and possibly file a civil suit. Might be good for a couple grand.

Bad catch.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

TV like this should be binned along with these thieving owners.

Doesn't look like his rookie card to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Wow thats crazy, pawn shops around where i live mark items up 50% to 70% but 500% mark up thats ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I even if the Young man even knows he got riped off yet?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Who ever that man is who spotted it and then put the video up on you tube is very observant. That man should be commended for spotting it.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

LOL I hope they do get sued and investigated for possible other complaints.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I actually like shows that showcase antiques and memorabilia it gives me an idea of the worth of things, my friend is an antique dealer.

Most other reality TV is just mind filler or land fill if you would.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I won't retract my statement me wondering is not an accusation at all for all I know he may rip anybody off a day.

I'm sorry you feel that way though.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

OK your statement is " Maybe a 2nd year " can you prove that statement ? You used Maybe so you are unsure.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

TV like this should be binned along with these thieving owners.

Doesn't look like his rookie card to me.

Again you are unsure, do you have an affiliation with this store or the people in it?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The card does look different to those that are around it.

He did say it is a " 1952 " topps collection any one know when Mickey Mantle started baseball?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Again you are unsure, do you have an affiliation with this store or the people in it?

That's it? On top of it, you wonder if I have an affiliation? No, I just went to look what the back of the rookie card looks like and that ain't it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join