It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WURST CASE SCENARIO: German Schools Pulling PORK From Menu To Placate Muslim Immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: markosity1973

I we aren't going to ban all meat on Fridays on behalf of Catholics, why should we ban pork every single day for Muslims?

Who has done that?
Please provide evidence that pork has been banned in Germany or that there are any proposals to do so.

So as not to offend Muslim immigrants, a push to remove pork sausages from public schools, soup kitchens and nurseries is quietly underway in Germany.The discovery is sparking furious reaction from the German public and even Chancellor Angela Merkel’s administration as they try to accommodate floods of Muslims who find pork offensive.

From the first source in the OP here

backed up by a google search - one such article here

The OP article is not making this up. I'm not sure who is making these decisions, but it is happening

A regional branch of German Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU party is fighting to keep pork on the menu in public canteens, with many institutions allegedly removing the meat from menus out of concern that religious minorities could be offended.

The proposal will be presented by the CDU's Schleswig-Holstein group in the state parliament's session next week. The group's parliamentary leader, Daniel Guenther, claims that pork products were being taken off the menu in schools, nurseries and canteens across the region.

edit on 5-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

DUBAI

“The signs put in the supermarkets are to display that products must be segregated since we received many complaints from people who did not think it was right to have the same cashier for non-Muslim foods and other foods,” he said.

Sharif explained that the municipality gave supermarkets options such as setting up a separate cashier inside the pork section of the supermarket or having a designated cashier in the payment area specifically made for non-Muslim products. Another official in the municipality stated that this is a rule that has been implemented for years, however, most people are not aware of its existence.

He also said that the recently added signs set up in supermarkets are not a result of their shortcomings but rather the public’s lack of awareness of the rule. The supermarkets are using signs to direct people to the right cashier and inform them about the rule set by the municipality

Gulf News Society

As you see the problem is PORK and it is religious issue for Muslims. They don´t want to be even near pork products, which leads to majority to suffer from other groups religious views, over their own tradition and likes even in schools and day cares. If this is somehow ok .. welcome to Absurdistan.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

a reply to: dollukka

Sure they can serve non pork to those who don´t want to eat it but taking option away from majority which is ok with pork is wrong .. there is the problem.

Yeah. But the problem is not with venues who choose to offer pork or not.

No, the problem is with the idea that venues like schools stop serving it entirely just to placate a religious minority. No one asked the Germans if they were down with that. The proposal is just put up. If someone is putting up a proposal to require it, I would wager it is a counter-proposal in reaction.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

From the first source in the OP here

backed up by a google search - one such article here
Yeah. I know. The internet tends to repeat a lot of stuff.

I'm not sure who is making these decisions, but it is happening
I can't deny that some places have chosen to stop offering pork. As to whether or not it has to do with "offending" anyone or if it's a matter of marketing, that would probably depend upon the bias of the reportage.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You post an article from Dubai?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If someone is putting up a proposal to require it, I would wager it is a counter-proposal in reaction.

I would wager that it is a paranoid reaction.
Either that, or one from someone who is invested in pork futures.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

If this is somehow ok .. welcome to Absurdistan.

It's not okay. I know Muslim families who eat bacon and sandwich ham.

They act like this simply to garner attention and push to make us change for them.

When two cultures meet, the culture coming into the dominant cultures land needs to adjust and adapt. This means that they accept the laws of the land as they are and that they accept that diets may differ and that religious opinions and social ideology may differ too. Anything less is cultural suicide and / or cultural invasion.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'd be walking around town looking like the Mr. T. of little breakfast sausages, chains and chains of pork links around my neck.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Reflects behaviour of people who has this antipork religious views in general. Same religious view is taking pork out of our schools and day cares.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Reflects behaviour of people who has this antipork religious views in general.

I see. Judaism included then.

edit on 3/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh, I wouldn't demand they adapt by learning how to eat pork. I get why they think it's bad. I don't hold that belief.

However, they need to get that not everyone feels that way and learn to live with pork in their daily lives because the culture they moved into is a big pork consumer. No one is making them eat it or touch it, but they will have to learn to live with others eating it and touching it. They will have to live with large display cases full of it in the grocery, and it might come perilously close to touching other meats in the display case.

They might have to learn how to read labels to make sure they don't get some kind of pork mixed in with their processed goods ... oh, might have to learn to read German.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I can't deny that some places have chosen to stop offering pork. As to whether or not it has to do with "offending" anyone or if it's a matter of marketing, that would probably depend upon the bias of the reportage.

Wurst and beer are quintessentially German. There is no shortage or other economic reason to stop serving it in schools. It's as silly as pulling something as mundane as lettuce from the menus.

It's interesting how something as simple as a pork sausage can create a schism in society because a religion gets all offended because they are available in school canteens. It's a sad day when a native German kid can't have a pork sausage for lunch because some immigrant gets offended by it

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It's interesting how something as simple as a pork sausage can create a schism

It's interesting how someone can create a controversy over sausage of any sort.

Of course, if one is invested in pork bellies...

or petroleum.

edit on 3/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, I wouldn't demand they adapt by learning how to eat pork. I get why they think it's bad. I don't hold that belief.

I would never advocate forcing anyone to eat anything. I just pointed out that pork eating muslim family I know to show the hypocrisy of these people.

The answer is easy; the word NO

It's the word our Lord gave us to use when you see a pork sausage in the canteen and you don't want to have one.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Its funny that the muslims that are already german havent changed anything, but these new muslim will.

Epic fail

edit on 5-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Its funny that the muslims that are already german havent changed anything, but these new muslim will.

Epic fail

That's because there is a very real difference between the groups. The Middle East was a different animal back in those days. Wahhabism was not a thing like it is now. You did not have nearly the level of fundamentalism and some of those bombed out countries where women wear black tents looked pretty progressive and modern with women wearing only a hijab at most. Some of them were also fairly pluralistic. Lebanon used to actually be a pretty nice place.

Those are the Muslims who immigrated out in the '50s and '60s. They are nothing like the ones flooding out of there now.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yeah.
Fundamentalism sucks.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Shouldn't the Muslims as newcomers assimilate to the German culture instead of the other way around?

Cutlure is defined from all people that make it up so German culture by definition will have a Muslim element. Whats the big deal.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You did not have nearly the level of fundamentalism and some of those bombed out countries where women wear black tents looked pretty progressive and modern with women wearing only a hijab at most. Some of them were also fairly pluralistic. Lebanon used to actually be a pretty nice place. Those are the Muslims who immigrated out in the '50s and '60s. They are nothing like the ones flooding out of there now.

Looks to me like some of the chickens are coming home to roost.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Eat Muslims, yet another white meat.

Yum, "long pig".

I get halal chicken from brazil, it's a nice size for me and my wife. 900gr.

I can pick out a live chicken to be slaughtered to order anytime i want but these chickens don't taste like chicken I grew up on. Which means basically no taste.

These really, really taste like chicken. lol.

For the govt to impose restrictions on serving pork is asinine and I can't believe it.
In Germany at that!
Where I live, that would never happen.

I'm glad we visited Germany and Austria 2 yrs in a row, had some great roast pork hocks, besides other delicious pork products.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join