It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WURST CASE SCENARIO: German Schools Pulling PORK From Menu To Placate Muslim Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't understand why they can't just not buy the food if it offends. Schools should start pulling all meat offerings from school menus during Fridays in Lent so Catholics aren't offended. And it's not just schools but cafes too. Pork (and beer) are to Germany as pizza and pasta is synonymous with Italy. Glad to see that refugee assimilation in Germany is going so well.

"In Germany, pork sausages are ubiquitous. Pork is served with every meal and it’s impossible to have a good Bavarian meal without some pork product on the plate.
So as not to offend Muslim immigrants, a push to remove pork sausages from public schools, soup kitchens and nurseries is quietly underway in Germany".
www.thefederalistpapers.org...

"A number of German cafes have started to exclude traditional pork sausages from their menus in order not to offend the feelings of Muslim newcomers, Deutsche Welle reported".
sputniknews.com...

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Cast your ways aside for the superstitions of others.

Seems logical, would be asking to much to give them their own choice to refrain from eating it.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
that's like telling an Alabama native that he can't eat grits

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Public canteens have to follow some specific rules to cater to (almost) everyone.
And as soon as a recognizable number of participants in the local foods are having a specific dislike/allergy/taboo foodwise, this has to be accepted and acknowledged.

No need for kosher food, usually. Because, well, Germany.
No need for hindi's denial of beef, because of the small number of hindi.
etc.

Muslims are and were a large part of Germans public.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I wish that tolerance was on both sides...

I would love to see the UAE ceases to prosecute gay people to death, as to not to offend the Westerners... Ain't gonna happen!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Nice find lol, the best part. Pork is served with every meal, you guys drink the kool aid and love it.

I dont even need to read the rest, nice propaganda piece right there.

+30 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What you allow will continue.
The citizens of a country being forced to change so as not to offend , even down to the food they eat. You have been invaded.
What You Allow Will Continue.

+16 more 
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Well then you do what we do in the US ... you have a special section of your menu dedicated to Muslim friendly food like we have special entrees for vegetarians. And if the market is big enough, people will make restaurants catering to that segment with Halal food like there are Kosher delis in the US.

You do not say, "Hey! We get that you don't like one of our national food groups, so we'll just stop eating like Germans to avoid offending you ..."

+10 more 
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I weep for my German heritage.

The German leaders often go insane...just another example.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

If Muslims "were" a large part of "Germans public", why are they only doing this now? As the sources allude too, it seems a response to the current refugee influx. Pork is part of the German national identity. Shouldn't the Muslims as newcomers assimilate to the German culture instead of the other way around? But I'm sure Muslim countries would be just as accommodating.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope
So they have to remove pork completely from the menu?

This makes no sense in a western country. I can see offering an alternative to pork, but banning it completely?

SMFH

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

If Muslims "were" a large part of "Germans public", why are they only doing this now? As the sources allude too, it seems a response to the current refugee influx. Pork is part of the German national identity. Shouldn't the Muslims as newcomers assimilate to the German culture instead of the other way around? But I'm sure Muslim countries would be just as accommodating.

My guess is its not true, you posted 2 blogs that arent even german, but hey dont let me burst your bubble, educate yourself at how many muslim live in germany and when did they started moving to germany, stop posting obscure blogs and show your fake outrage.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Nice find lol, the best part. Pork is served with every meal, you guys drink the kool aid and love it.

Ok, Mr. Canadian. How about if all beer is banned in Canada then because alcohol offends only the Muslims, not the rest of the population? Of course, you would consider it propaganda.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Similar thing happened here in England at some Subway branches.They removed bacon because it offended the Muslims.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

My guess is its not true, you posted 2 blogs that arent even german, but hey dont let me burst your bubble, educate yourself at how many muslim live in germany and when did they started moving to germany, stop posting obscure blogs and show your fake outrage.

When did they start moving to Germany? You are kidding, right? The refugee stories for like the last year or so? Time to get out of mom's basement and get a dose of reality. Since you don't like the sources and you are obviously too lazy to do your own research, I did it for you. Here's a translated German article.

"The protection of minorities - including for religious reasons - must not mean that the majority is overruled in their free decision by ill-conceived consideration," Günther said, arguing that tolerance also means "the appreciation and sufferance of other food cultures and lifestyles."
www.dw.com...

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is just..surreal.In my country,Muslims choose what they want to consume and ignore the rest.I am actually watching a culture die right in front of my eyes.Tragic.And pathetic.When are the German people going to say Enough Already!?

If Muslims in most other Western countries eat what they want,and ignore what they don't want,why can German Muslims not just do the same?

Or is it that the German authorities decided this arbitrarily?

Whats next? Maybe all non-Muslims will have to vacate Europe because their presence offends Muslims?

aaaahh idk even anymore..just Wow

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

When did they start moving to Germany? You are kidding, right? The refugee stories for like the last year or so? Time to get out of mom's basement and get a dose of reality. Since you don't like the sources and you are obviously too lazy to do your own research, I did it for you. Here's a translated German article.

"The protection of minorities - including for religious reasons - must not mean that the majority is overruled in their free decision by ill-conceived consideration," Günther said, arguing that tolerance also means "the appreciation and sufferance of other food cultures and lifestyles."
www.dw.com...

Germany has had muslim immigration from turkey for about 40 years, thats why i said educate yourself, you wont look so silly.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ok, Mr. Canadian. How about if all beer is banned in Canada then because alcohol offends only the Muslims, not the rest of the population? Of course, you would consider it propaganda.

It wont happen, like pork will not be banned in all german schools.

+13 more 
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

So you say it is all hearsay and false information just because you feel offended . ( Well it is actually thruth about pork )

School canteens dispense increasingly on pork

A higher proportion of Muslim pupils, altered nutritional standards - schools and day care centers in Germany emphasize pork increasingly off the menu. Will there soon be no more Schnitzel?

More and more schools and day care centers dispense according to a media report on pork - because it was unhealthy, and because many children do not eat for religious reasons. "In the coming years, the pork will ever disappear from the menu plans in kindergartens and schools," said the Vice-President of the German Society for Nutrition (DGE), Ulrike Arens-Azevedo, the "Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung" (WAZ). Many caterers made ​​their offer now often without pork.

"The proportion of pork has become less and less in recent years," confirmed Rolf Hoppe, Chairman of the Association Berlin Schulcaterer. "The number of Muslim students has increased, and the quality of conventional pork is questionable." Hoppes own catering company Luna has ever at any dishes with pork - and sees this as a competitive advantage: "Muslim students can rest assured that our product is absolutely free of pork."

Also at the 4000 all-day schools in NRW fewer pork is used, according to newspaper: "This is especially true for the Ruhr, where there are more and more Muslim children," says Ursula Tenfelde-Weber, Director of the crosslinking site school meals in Dusseldorf.

Translation from Die Welt posted 15th February 2016

There you go.. hearsay? Eduacate yourself ? Well why don´t you do the same ?

+8 more 
link   
Maybe it is time to refuse Halal meat? or Boycott those places that serve it?....

Honestly how pathetic is it that people feel they need to take these steps as shown by the OP, I wouldnt go to the middle east and start requesting Non Halal why is it acceptable here to stop selling pork or only Halal meat like many places??...

I am fed up having to apologise for every little detail in our culture as it does not align with people of different heritage. The situation listed is and does happen, my local "large chain" food store no longer serves pork due to possible cross contamination and will only serve Halal meat..

Thank the lucky stars I am 98% veggie and just eat the odd chicken wing..

RA

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join