It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman upset at Rogers County deputy who shot pet dog, left a note

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
More LEO embarrassments. Deputy arrives at home )clearly ( is aware of this little canine. Decides to get out. Dog barks (he's only 70lbs) comes toward Barny Fife.

The dog is then shot in the shoulder. Barny Fife leaves note on the door.... Dog left bleeding... And the Sheriff says "justified"

A woman whose pet dog was shot by a Rogers County deputy this week said she is "frustrated" by the way the lawman handled the situation.

Bruno, a German shepherd weighing about 70 pounds, was shot in the left shoulder area early Wednesday evening and left bleeding at a residence near Owasso, pet owner Angie Laymon said.

Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton said Deputy Logan Eller was justified in his actions.

L I N K

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Well of course it was 'justified', anybody or anything that approaches an officer is automatically presumed to be a threat. They should replace humans with robots, at least they don't react from paranoia.
edit on 5-3-2016 by intrptr because: hashmarks

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I actually can't wait till dogs start killing cops.

Maybe then all these shootings WOULD be justified?

But I guess if I was a cop I'd be pretty paranoid right now too since it's getting very close to that straw that breaks the camel's back.

Good luck out there coppers.......
Hopefully someone whom you refused to assist while being beaten by your fellow cops doesn't ambush you.......

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
More LEO embarrassments. Deputy arrives at home )clearly ( is aware of this little canine. Decides to get out. Dog barks (he's only 70lbs) comes toward Barny Fife.

The dog is then shot in the shoulder. Barny Fife leaves note on the door.... Dog left bleeding... And the Sheriff says "justified"

A woman whose pet dog was shot by a Rogers County deputy this week said she is "frustrated" by the way the lawman handled the situation.

Bruno, a German shepherd weighing about 70 pounds, was shot in the left shoulder area early Wednesday evening and left bleeding at a residence near Owasso, pet owner Angie Laymon said.

Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton said Deputy Logan Eller was justified in his actions.

L I N K

First, "only" 70 pounds of German Shepard is hardly a helpless puppy. Details are sparse, so it is difficult to say if this was justified or not. Old Roscoe may be a biter or just a barker. The officer was investigating a crime and we don't know the circumstances he was in at the time so it is difficult to condemn his actions base on public information.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I used to read meters in Houston. I dealt with aggressive dogs on a daily basis. I never found it necessary to injure one in any way, much less shoot one. I had to open an umbrella to defend myself against a few real baddies.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
No wonder people have such little respect for police these days. Now when I hear of a cop getting killed on duty my mind just says ah well he probably deserved it which is terrible but true.
edit on 5-3-2016 by Slickinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Wont be long and they'll be shooting kittens.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Haha an umbrella? Like Indiana's dad with the seagulls? Comedy image. I had you down as a hard man

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

NO,kittens will be shot on my watch!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

First comes kittens, then the fish tank. But im sure those will be justified as well because ya know, kittens roar and i swear that gold fish looked like jaws. Seriously though, a 70lb. German shepherd could be intimidating, but judging by the way this was handled it looks like it was not justified. Any medical reports on the poor deputy that was supposedly attacked? Im pretty sure if this dude was really attacked by a 70lb german shepherd there would be injuries, but just maybe not. All i know is the owners better call the sheriff asap!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Had an idiot cop in my town shoot my friends indoor cat that got loose. Cat is declawed. The cop used his shotgun and claimed he felt threatened. Scary what he might do to any person. The local Da investigating. Hope they fire him.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Even if it was justified, he should have ensured immediate care for the dog. I think it's safe to assume it was probably highly unnecessary. Barking dogs generally only bite if provoked. It's a warning, he should have taken it. Now he has millions of people praying he gets a horribly painful and eventually fatal disease. I know I will be.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Even if it was justified, he should have ensured immediate care for the dog. I think it's safe to assume it was probably highly unnecessary. Barking dogs generally only bite if provoked. It's a warning, he should have taken it. Now he has millions of people praying he gets a horribly painful and eventually fatal disease. I know I will be.

You don't know the situation so saying that he should have ensured care for the dog has no basis. It is also not safe to assume that it was unnecessary to shoot the dog.
A police officer cannot worry about taking warnings from someone's dog and will remove such impediments as necessary. Now you think he has millions of people praying he gets a horribly painful and eventually fatal disease and you say you know you will be. Based on what?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Been done..sorry to say, in view of the kids of course.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mugger

Any link to that..fing sick.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Nice..just a matter of removing impediments

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: pteridine

Nice..just a matter of removing impediments

Yes. Impediments to his duties have to be removed. In this case, a dog was wounded. Dogstar wants him to die a horrible death for such without ever knowing the situation. I understand that some folks like doggies more than people and live in an alternate reality where animals are all kind and gentle and people are always evil. Animals are always more important than people in their eyes and should be given every priority.

top topics

join