It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My fake real name opposed to my ATS REAL name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I see on my personal page "Vethumanbeing" several icons that express the ability to "share" with twitter/Facebook/emergency services etc. Do I have to have a Facebook page in that name or my fake real name; or I can send anything posted I wish to anyone and disrupt with humor their day?

edit on 4-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I clicked the link to FB and Twitter and you will need to log in as "the real you". In other words it will ask you to log in, email, etc...

Is that what you are asking?

BTW: when I clicked the "print" symbol it (ATS) froze up.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I did not even notice a print symbol. This helps (faithful canon would tell me "you are out of ink"). I have to be real to share?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yes, I played guinea pig...they're cute aren't they?

I logged into FB, then clicked to link your thread and there it was...on my FB home page or whatever it's called...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Yes, I played guinea pig...they're cute aren't they?

I logged into FB, then clicked to link your thread and there it was...on my FB home page or whatever it's called...

You might regret that (maybe delete); but it is that easy? Kudos to all involved in that nest of networking. All I have do do now is to create a Facebook page; using the name my parents gave me or my ATS name? I do not know the wise thing to do; do I out myself on Facebook and if so who cares? Has anyone experienced this predicament (wanting to be yourself yet no one knows who you are).

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

You might regret that (maybe delete); but it is that easy?

LOL! I deleted although everyone knows I read "those crazy websites"!

All I have do do now is to create a Facebook page; using the name my parents gave me or my ATS name?

I'm not sure if you can use your ATS "fake" name on FB...you can, however, use it almost everywhere else...
You could try!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
originally posted by: TNMockingbirdoriginally posted by: vethumanbeing

vhb: You might regret that (maybe delete); but it is that easy?

TNMockingbird: LOL! I deleted although everyone knows I read "those crazy websites"!

This is the best website ever; you tell those naysayers "you have all of your faculties about you" and should engage in the conversation.

vhb: All I have do do now is to create a Facebook page; using the name my parents gave me or my ATS name?

TNMockingbird: I'm not sure if you can use your ATS "fake" name on FB...you can, however, use it almost everywhere else...You could try!

I could do it this way; Vethumanbeing posing as ....... Might be too long a name?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hey Vet. I've missed our conversations, but I star your posts when I see them.

FacialBookEvilness is to be avoided under the name your parents gave you. It's one more hook into your soul that need not be provided voluntarily.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Hey Vet. I've missed our conversations, but I star your posts when I see them.

FacialBookEvilness is to be avoided under the name your parents gave you. It's one more hook into your soul that need not be provided voluntarily.

Equally said; I pay attention to you as well my friend as you have a strong voice I agree with. I have a moral problem with Facebook yet the lure is there "FOMO" fear of missing out. I see souls being grabbed and my question is why given up so freely; almost as if suicidal "look at me" and judge for yourself (then take it seriously?). Its dangerous for those impressionable (youngsters).

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Don't do it!!! If you haven't joined Facebook yet, just don't.Unless you specifically take the time ( aprox a week) to tweek the privacy settings and ONLY add actual people that you actually know and want to be forever connected with. I got a facebook a few years ago to stay in touch with family since we are military and live no where near them. Its nice....and its annoying as all get out. My mom will post something (stupid usually) to my wall and then like 5 minutes later CALL me and ask if I've seen it yet. I get tagged in so much stuff. I haven't logged in, in over a month, but I can't bring myself to remove the app from my phone.

I need to and I will, at some point. For whatever is left of your sanity's sake, if you don't have one, don't get one. Your friends and family can just as easily send you pictures and videos and jokes and news, and everything else via email, phone calls, text msg, skype and such.

Facebook is the worst.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Ah, disappointing, i thought this was going to be about fake names, fake real names, and fake real real names, like strippers have. If you weren't aware, when "Syn-D" tells you her real name is "Jen" and eventually admits that's her fake real name, but her real real name is "Bertha", her name is actually " Cindy."

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

and fake real real names, like strippers have

Wait, what? You mean mercedes,porcha,and lexus were lying?
edit on 21331America/ChicagoSat, 05 Mar 2016 10:21:45 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 21331America/ChicagoSat, 05 Mar 2016 10:21:24 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Ah, disappointing, i thought this was going to be about fake names, fake real names, and fake real real names, like strippers have. If you weren't aware, when "Syn-D" tells you her real name is "Jen" and eventually admits that's her fake real name, but her real real name is "Bertha", her name is actually " Cindy."

Not at all disappointing as you added to the conversation. My point was regarding avatars vs real in the Facebook reality. ATS is virtual; both collide within this format. There are information transactions being made between the purposefully hidden (by design) ATS identities "US" and Facebook FOMO participates also "US" if you have a Facebook account. What is the point of the link is all?
edit on 5-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli
I have not opened an account with Facebook. I think my problem is the potential intrusion by others (I know one can block) as not being public. I have a moral problem with the way the personal information is shared, abused as Facebook morphed into instead of friends being like minded innocently wanting connection with; turned into something quite the opposite. Was this not anticipated by MZ or does he care? Not sure I want Mom to call me constantly either (it would be out of character)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
originally posted by: interupt42

interupt42: Wait, what? You mean mercedes,porcha,and lexus were lying?

You forgot JadeStar (proclaimed astral physicist) fisher of men.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

why was jadestar banned

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123

why was jadestar banned

Flagrancy?

top topics

join