It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Trump's Candidacy has Done for Us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Does anybody find it interesting that Ted Cruz is now talking about how corrupt the government is?

....That Hillary Clinton is now telling us 'The game is rigged"?

That Bernie Sanders is now informing us the game is fixed and the government is filled with corruption?

Ted Cruz has been a Senator since July of 2012.
I don't have to tell you how long Clinton has been in Washington, or her history. First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State.
Bernie Sanders has been a Senator for 20 years?

And they are just NOW, in 2016, deciding to disclose the fact (or confirm the fact) to the American people that the game is rigged and the government is corrupt and sold to the highest bidder?

Where the hell have they been all these decades? Why have the kept the "secret" for so long?

The first time I heard a politician use the term "the game is rigged", was soon after Elizabeth Warren became a Senator, and as a guest on Steven Colbert. The comment was interesting, but didn't cause such a big stir.

Until..........

Donald J. Trump. Think what you will about him, and I'm not in love with him either, and won't vote for him.
But he has been, and IS a Whistleblower.

Since he's been discussing how corrupt the government is, the roaches have been crawling out of the woodwork, and the finger pointing has begun. Yes, it's nasty, but it's working.

Whether he becomes President or not, we can thank him for this giant leap forward in beginning to rid the government of rampant corruption.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Think what you will about him, and I'm not in love with him either, and won't vote for him.
But he has been, and IS a Whistleblower.

That insults actual Whistleblowers. Just running around yelling randomly about Washington corruption does not make you a Whistleblower.

Every campaign has had candidates say they will fight corruption in Washington, this is not new.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Provide stand up comedians material for the next 50 years?

edit on 4-3-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Rats trying to figure out whether to drown in the water or burn on the sinking ship.....
They only squawk in half truths when they fear being exposed for their crimes....

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Watched this video earlier with former Democratic Senator Jim Webb. Trump is really starting to turn some heads, even career Democrats are questioning themselves.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That insults actual Whistleblowers. Just running around yelling randomly about Washington corruption does not make you a Whistleblower.

Of course it does. Widespread corruption has never been recognized as such a serious problem as is being seen now -- discussed by other politicians, news shows, talk shows. We've never seen it discussed to the degree it is now, nor has it ever been taken so seriously. He brought the ball to the playing field, and the others have picked it up and are running with it.

Every campaign has had candidates say they will fight corruption in Washington, this is not new.

They have, but we have never seen such specificities about the corruption as we are hearing now.

edit on 3/4/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Even if they set the water on fire with floating gasoline, the evil will still be submerged and out of danger.

Be prepared for a stronger underground ruling class.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: reldra

Of course it does. It has never been recognized as a such a serious problem as is being seen now, being discussed by other politicians, news shows, talk shows. We've never seen it discussed to the degree it is now, nor has it ever been taken so seriously. He hit the ball, and the others have picked it up and are running with it.

They have, but we have never seen such specificities about the corruption as we are hearing now.

I have. Maybe we watch different news channels?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

He has changed the discussion in a positive way and has shown the establishment that their old techniques don't work. They will probably come up with some new tricks for 2020.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How will that work?

link   

No matter who we elect as President though, we have a corrupt to the core Congress! Think of how every State has their hands out to the Federal slush fund and then match that up with how those elected at the State level retain their positions by being obedient and procuring federal grants to come home and "cut that ribbon" at a small manufacturing plant that will hire 150 people. We don't see or even look at the laws they pass in DC, but we sure love the hell out them for those 150 jobs winning them another term?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Bernie Sanders has been saying this longer than Trump has been running for POTUS. . . .

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Even if they set the water on fire with floating gasoline, the evil will still be submerged and out of danger.

Sadly you most likely are correct. However, in my eyes I see it as a necessary victory for the serf class. I have been saying, "The veil has been lifted", but don't think for a second we have seen the worst that may and can do to us for revolting?

Like that old BTO song, "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"!

edit on 4-3-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Absolutely. But problem solving is often in babysteps. Recognizing there are problems, and then accepting them as issues which must be remedied, and identifying possible solutions are first steps.

At least we have made it this far! And it's not just people who study government and conspiracies anymore. Everybody and his brother knows we've been screwed.

edit on 3/4/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Recognizing corruption and actually eliminating corruption are two extremely different things.Politicians are like lemmings,they follow whichever way the wind blows.
edit on 4-3-2016 by buckwhizzle because: cannot spell

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

How will that work?

They will dig a deeper hole with underground "Lobbying".

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Bernie Sanders has been saying this longer than Trump has been running for POTUS. . . .

Well then WHY the hell hasn't he done anything about it? I watch the news constantly and I've never heard him say a peep about it.

I think you guys are not even willing to toss Trump a bone even though he has done something important, which is to bring all this mess to the forefront.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Well then WHY the hell hasn't he done anything about it? I watch the news constantly and I've never heard him say a peep about it.

I think you guys are not even willing to toss Trump a bone even though he has done something important, which is to bring all this mess to the forefront.

Just about every interview? He's always saying it...He's always talking about how the 1% don't represent the people's interests...

He's been saying it for years. I guess Trump just screams louder so people take him more seriously. Loud voice = must know what he's talking about.
edit on 4-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think "Corruption" is just the buzzword for this election cycle. Let's not forget that Trump has admitted to using lobbyists to influence the government for decades as well, he was just on the other side of the same coin. He's not a "Whistleblower" so much as someone who just likes to blow his own horn.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

How will that work?

They will dig a deeper hole with underground "Lobbying".

Oh God, no. We MUST begin taking steps to eliminate career politicians. The two from my state have been there for decades. I'm so sick of them. And yes, they went as young broke men, and now they are both very, very wealthy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join