It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Paid Herself $250,000 From Campaign Funds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well Well.

Looks like Hillary has been drawing a "salary" from her own campaign funds.

Since last year around $250,000.

Doesn't seem to be structured and maybe based on her "performance" and "time and expenses and benefits".

A vote for Hillary is a vote for big money to big people.

And to think the poor thing was dead broke when she had to move out of the White House !!!!

The Clintons are big dough between her campaign and the Clinton Foundation.

Hillary Paid Herself $250,000 From Campaign Funds

The campaign of Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton has made payments totaling six figures to Clinton this election cycle, according to a review of its expenditures.

Federal campaign finance records reviewed by the Washington Free Beacon found that starting in April 2015, the month that Clinton launched her campaign, thousands in payments began flowing to the candidate. Clinton has previously claimed that she and Bill Clinton were “dead broke” when he left the White House, but the two have since amassed millions of dollars in wealth.

The first transaction from Hillary for America to Hillary Rodham Clinton came on April 13, 2015 in the amount of $74,042. This transaction was filed under ‘Payroll & Benefits’ with a separate payment of $1,488 for ‘Employee Benefits’ that same day, according to FEC filings. On April 14, just one day later, $744 went to Clinton marked as employee benefits.

The Teflon Dynasty

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hey it's perfectly legal to take money from your left pocket and put it in your right pocket....
edit on 4-3-2016 by manuelram16 because: spell

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I had thought using campaign funds in that way was illegal. Guess not? Or maybe she did it in a way to get around the rules. All in all though thats small potatoes compared to some really serious illegal stuff she has been involved in.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not illegal.

Published: November 26, 2002

WASHINGTON, Nov. 25 — After some old-fashioned horse-trading, the Federal Election Commission voted today to allow candidates running for Congress or president to use their campaign contributions to pay themselves salaries.

www.nytimes.com...

Food for thought.....

'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Y'all might as well find other countries to live in, your screwed either way..Trump or likely Clinton..like a choice between syphilis or gonorrhea. No doubt they are all crooks by some definition.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
No doubt they are all crooks by some definition.

I don't think it's an American thing, it's a government thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The way bean counters can shuffle funds around makes anything possible.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

No doubt, but seems worse in some countries as opposed to others..follow the money so to speak.
I should add I think too, some systems are more set up or almost designed for it.
edit on 4-3-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

thats some mighty fine debunking, sources and examples too. hats off to you. it makes me wonder if any politicians run just to exploit their followers, knowing full well they wont win anything.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Not illegal. This is supposed to be your main job while campaigning, so you can pay yourself.

The more she takes, the less there is left to actually campaign. Also, some of it may be her money...Donald trump loaned his campaign 17.5 million (which he will pay himself back from anything left he has until the RNC to do so) and only outright gave his campaign 250k.
edit on 4-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Trump's companies have earned 1.4 million from his campaign

Trump’s companies have already earned $1.4 million from his campaign.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So are all the candidates, Trump and Bernie included.

Donald Trump Is Paying Himself to Run for President

(bottom of the article
Millions of dollars are funneling into his campaign, both from himself and from his followers, “and a lot of it is going back into his pocket indirectly,” the attorney said.

“It’s basically recycling.”

Cruz Uses Campaign Money To Buy His Own Book Just To Resell At Huge Markup To Gullible Supporters

$122,000 worth

Report: Campaign funds become ‘a family affair’

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul used campaign funds to pay salaries and fees to more members of his own family than any other lawmaker in the House, according to a recently released report, handing over more than $300,000 during the 2008 and 2010 election cycles.

The Committee to Re-elect Ron Paul paid salaries to his daughter, his grandson, his daughter’s mother-in-law, his granddaughter, his grandson-in-law and “another relative,” said a report released Thursday by the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW). In addition, according to the report, campaign funds were used to pay his brother’s accounting firm more than $48,000.

Used to be a time when candidates like sitting Senators resigned their positions before running for POTUS. Now they stay in office on the public dime while gallivanting across the country campaigning. My own state hasn't seen much work out of our governor (Kasich) while he continues his farce of a campaign. It's all about staying in the running to keep the campaign donor cash rolling in and paying yourself and family from it, build up that war chest for the next big campaign. Running for office is a profitable venture.

edit on 4-3-2016 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If she loaned any money to her campaign she can repay herself with campaign donations.

Donald Trump is doing the same thing.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Lawyers are way more expensive than that. Or is that covered by campaign funds?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm sure it's legal. Like everything with the Clintons, they fly just barely under the radar of illegal. Unethical has never bothered them.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Tiffin doesn't come cheap these days don't you know!

Anyway, I'm sure there have been greater extravaganzas in the past, this is small dibs.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
She's spent more than 250,000 of her own money on her campaign anyway...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The only one that got caught abusing campaign funds was Lil'Marco.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

She obviously knows she in the White House regardless.

And when it happens, it SHOULD wake some people up to the "democracy" scam being sold to us.

I'll reiterate, I'm "voting" Trump, but even if everyone does, it's Hillary who they'll tell us won.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
No mystery here. She spoke to her campaign staff for an hour, earned her regular 250,000 speaking fee. Nothing to see here, Move(on.org) along.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Not to worry, she kept tract of her transactions in her basement servers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join