It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton won the Presidency today and I am sad.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Today Donald Trump came out with his health care plan. Unfortunately this plan is going to cost Trump the election. While many Americans vocally disliked Obamacare, many more are very happy with it and for them it was the number one issue in this election. I am one of those.

So basically no matter how much i dislike Clinton, i will be forced to vote for her simply to protect my loved ones who have come down with possibly deadly diseases (and well over 100k in annual costs this year). My premiums are already high under Obamacare, but under Trumps plan they would multiply many times over making health insurance un-affordable for my family, that is if I could even get insurance with the preexisting conditions. Waiting until they are on their death bed for care doesn't work for them or me. All my excess income and then some goes to pay healthcare premiums, I have nothing left to put in a HSA.

In the last few years of battling these illnesses, and spending much time in treatment facilities, i know i am not alone. Every week more and more new people are coming into these facilities, it is epidemic. Most of these people hate Hillary, but she will get their vote for this issue alone, because they really have no other choice. Keep the healthcare in place or die. Trump might as well say that he prefers my family to be dead. Discounted emergency rooms will not help them.

Had Trump espoused a better formula for Universal healthcare he would have been a shoo in in this election. Instead he has just ensured himself defeat. It saddens me so much because i was completely behind the majority of his other stances. What good are them if my family won't be around to see them?

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Vote for Bernie! He'll get rid of Obamacare, but he'll work to have a TRUE universal healthcare system, like they have in all the other first world countries.

(We gotta vote the sitting Congress out as well though, to make that happen.)

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That fabulous DELUSION of universal 'healthcare'!

As it stands right now the US government is the largest healthcare insurer in the country today.

There is no single 'private' corporation that has over 100 million people on their rolls,

Medicare,and Medicaid, and Tricare are currently costing us over $1 trillion per YEAR.

Ya know those programs where everyone is using it, hardly ANYONE is paying for it. Which is why there are NEW TAXES to pay for it.

That's how Universal healthcare works.

I do not see how anyone would support the STATE creating a super monopoly on a CORPORATE product.

Anyone who wants 'universal' healthcare deserves the Darwin award.
edit on 3-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I thought he wanted univeral hc.....oh wait, it doesn't matter what he says.

+3 more 
link   
Don't count Bernie out just yet; Obama was in a similar situation in 2008.

+7 more 
link   

i will be forced to vote for her simply to protect my loved ones
You're making the presumption she won't change the goal-posts regarding her stance on universal healthcare once elected.

Be careful what you vote wish for, imo there are other, less establishment-orientated, alternatives.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What is so delusional about working towards systems that have been successfully implemented in other countries exactly?

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Like Europe where they have the VAT, and pay over 60% of their incomes to the state.

I don't care what OTHER countries do.

I guess some people seem to have forgotten why this country was created to begin with.

Basically because we had enough European snip.
edit on 3-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You should stock up on KY lube....

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

(We gotta vote the sitting Congress out as well though, to make that happen.)

Good luck with that.

Dems have been trying but it seems these smaller races(Senate,House) get ignored or our guys just can't pull it out of the bag.
Or they keep it this way on purpose so no administration is too effective. Can't have that now can we?

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Actually my tax is not much diffrent to yours....

But you keep the crappest healthcare system in the western world

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Crappy ?

Private healthcare in the US run circles around government ran, and offered 'healthcare'.

It is dumbfounding how some people think government ran healthcare is going to be 'better'.

Not like I need your 'permission'.

I am going to.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

So basically no matter how much i dislike Clinton, i will be forced to vote for her simply to protect my loved ones who have come down with possibly deadly diseases (and well over 100k in annual costs this year).

That's cool for you... but I guess those of us who got the shaft with Obamacare just don't matter. You got yours and phooey on the rest of us, right?

It would have been helpful if you had actually included links and excerpts of Trump's plan; but since you didn't, I looked it up myself.

First, the plan emphasizes that ObamaCare will be fully repealed, including the mandate for everyone to have coverage, an issue that has sparked criticism against Trump.

Trump’s main ideas for a replacement are to allow health insurance to be sold across state lines and permit people to make tax-free contributions to Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). HSAs are paired with a high deductible health insurance plan and are intended to make people more conscious of how they spend health dollars and reduce costs.

Both are standard Republican healthcare ideas. Experts say that both ideas are more in the realm of dealing with healthcare costs and would not do much to expand coverage for the people who would be losing it with the repeal of ObamaCare.

Trump releases healthcare plan

Healthcare Reform to Make America Great Again

I'm not crazy about Trump's plan either. But I've already gotten my death sentence from the medical establishment, and they admit they do not have the technology to make me well again, so I guess it doesn't matter for me personally anyway. But there are plenty of people who could be helped by medical technology if they had the access, and that should be everyone's goal.

Unfortunately, too many people just want theirs and don't care who gets left out.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If Bernie can rally enough people to vote him for president against all the odds, I think he can also rally us to vote out a corrupt Congress.

I may be too idealistic, but I'm not giving up yet!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: crazyewok

Crappy ?

Private healthcare in the US run circles around government ran, and offered 'healthcare'.

It is dumbfounding how some people think government ran healthcare is going to be 'better'.

Not like I need your 'permission'.

I am going to.

Government run healthcare is run by the same insurance companies that run the private healthcare system.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If people want to 'lower' healthcare costs.

Get rid of medicare, and medicaid that have taken over 100 million people out of the private sector.

That will do WONDERS for cost.

Seeing as how healthcare works is those don't use it pay for those who are.

Conversely those government programs every one is using it, hardly anyone is paying for it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Like Europe where they have the VAT, and pay over 60% of their incomes to the state.

I don't care what OTHER countries do.

I guess some people seem to have forgotten why this country was created to begin with.

Basically because we had enough European snip.

So that means we should NEVER listen to Europe again, even if they have a good idea?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No!

I am in the highest tax-class and I DO not pay 60% of my income. Educate yourself.

And can someone explain to me how a health insurance could cost more than paying all of the expensive care for yourself? see OP.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars for treatment - and how much do you pay for health care? Even if that would sum up to a hundredthousand dollars, that would not be in a year or even 10 years, but summed up over decades! Which means that this would be a interest-free loan to the insurance, compared to a creditline of hundreds of thousands to pay NOW if you were not insured.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I'm pretty sure she stepped down and endorsed Obama before the convention after realizing he was winning the popular vote. They didn't simply switch sides at the convention. Obama went into the convention as the chosen candidate.
If Bernie gets the popular vote he will get the delegates. If he doesn't he won't.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

IS that the Same Europe with the debt crisis because they are under the delusion the state exists to provide for the material WANTS of the masses.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join