It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to give anti-Trump speech.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
this will boost trump a couple percent.

Trump if he wanted could bring up the messed up things Romney and RNC did to the delegates especially those of ron paul in 2012. Easily make them look like the bad guys and also making the public hypervigilant to RNC moves that they surely will try at the convention.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Romney is just mad because Donald Trump called him "Pathetic" on national T.V.. saying, "The 2012 race was his to win and Romney blew it. He's pathetic!"

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
"Why does the West's democratic processes feel more like a test of mass brainwashing instead of free will to choose?"

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The establishment HATES trump!

His life is in danger!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Who really gives a damn what Mittens says?

He was a joke in 2012, he's reaffirming that 4 years later.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Trump supporters will just dig their heels in deeper. Romney is being pushed by the establishment to help derail Trump support. I think the only way Trump supporters will even contemplate another candidate is if a non-establishment candidate runs as an independent.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Anyone who would be excited, or even care about what this tool has to say isn't voting for Trump anyway, I can't really blame him though. I'm sure he's just being a good little puppet for whatever the newest plan to "save" the GOP is

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I want to preface this by saying I am not a Trump supporter.

The fact that the Republican Party would trot out Mitt Romney to bash Trump shows exactly what is wrong with both parties, 'Hey, this isn't working so lets do the same thing again!'

Newsflash Establishment, no one likes you.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
To show you how out of touch the GOP elites are they go show you by bringing up the LOSER of the last election like he is someone even relevant?? Hello? Hello? This is reality calling.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The GOP is about to implode on itself over Trump.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
But I thought it was the "liberal" media that was demonizing Trump? Lol

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The first time I heard Mitt Romney talk I felt like he was trying to sell me a used car. And also was'nt he himself keeping his tax returns a secret when he was running against Obama? This guy is the epitome "rich old white money career liar politician"

So how exactly is Romney supposed to be a "ringer" for them? Most people I know can't stand him.

All of this Trump hysteria has really scared alot of the people that I can't stand. So that settles it for me, for the first time in many years I am getting out and casting my pointless vote for Trump.

What we are seeing is a peaceful revolution in the US here at the moment in many ways. Love him or hate him, the more he gets attacked with these easily debunked accusations of racism the more people are going to support him.

Let him put up the wall, at least he is addressing and proposing a solution to illegal immigration unlike the other status quo candidates.

Let him put a ban on Muslims entering the country until a process is put into place, all of the bleeding heart liberals who talk about how it is racist to do so would then get to experience first hand the current rapefest that much of Europe has become to the "refugees".

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Romney was "electable." I'll bet the GOPe still consider him "electable." I wonder whom they think will vote for him?

I admit to holding my nose because I disliked Obama's policy positions that much ... but I didn't vote for him, only against the current state of affairs.

It sort of makes you wonder how the GOPe defines electable.
edit on 3-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Mitt Romney is making a bad mistake. This is going to probably do the exact opposite of what he hopes for and ultimately cause the no end of woe.

For starters this is going to give Trump free publicity. The more publicity Trump can get, without having to pay for it, means more money he can spend later on.

Trump will view this as an attack by the GOP establishment, and give him credibility that they are not playing fair. He will point to this and other things. He will then turn around and make the claim, that the GOP is failing to listen to the voters, that they have their own agenda that will be bad for the country.

And it could cause him to run as an independent candidate and start to take supporters and people away from both parties. And if he does run as an independent candidate, he can get out of the primaries and start to campaign. And who do you think he is first going to go after? The GOP in an attempt to not only win the White House but destroy the GOP party in the process, along with putting together a coalition of voters to try to get elected.

Right now while he is apart of the Republican party, he is tied up with the primaries, as an independent candidate, he is able to campaign directly for the presidency.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And put Hillary in the white house.
I have never seen anything like this before. The entire GOP establishment is railing against him. They are screaming let's stop this before it's too late. They call him dangerous.
We're hearing talk of awarding delegates to candidates who didn't get the popular vote
We are witnessing the total meltdown of the Grand Old Party.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Gee he was King around here in 2012.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Romney has flip flopped? In 2012, he was praising Donald Trump and there is a video clip out there. ( I cant seem to get that clip uploaded at this time with my I pad, but will keep trying.) Though true, the don was a major contributor towards his campaign back then. Romney back tracking will hurt the GOP even more.

Edit add:

edit on 3 3 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

Mr. Romney will hopefully explain why his amazing endorsement of Trump in 2012 is irrevelant today?
edit on 3 3 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22 I know right, Romney is going to say that Trump is not the "conservative" we need,,that after Romney banned some guns, funded planned parenthood and lost. Romney is about to piss of millions of people so BOO HOO so maybe Trump wont win Utah .hahahahha what a fool you are Mitt. Aint no stopping us now, we got the groove.

edit on 3-3-2016 by Medicator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Metallicus

I hear ya buddy.

All the people I hate, hate him. Why? He has committed no real sin except that he isn't a lifelong politician.

He is far from perfect but in this case, it just may be that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Not hate. It's not hate you're seeing. It's genuine concern of putting the country in the hands of a crazy person.

2005: Trump says don't buy into this housing bubble rhetoric. Are you going to give into doom and gloom?
2006: Trump thinks it's a stupendous time to get into the mortgage business.
When that non existent bubble burst in 2008 Trump threw his executives at Trump Mortgage LLC under the downtown express saying they failed to manage the company correctly and pretty much washed his hands of the whole thing stating he didn't manage it himself.

That's just one story from his past. Every piece of dirt on him is going to surface now just watch.

I don't know what the party can do now except to look forward to 2020 and see if they can come up with a viable candidate who can capture the votes of both the conservative and moderate republicans.
Obviously the party is screaming for changes. Unfortunately they're looking in the wrong place.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Romney is just mad because Donald Trump called him "Pathetic" on national T.V.. saying, "The 2012 race was his to win and Romney blew it. He's pathetic!"

It's this failure to filter every thought that is going to land him and us in trouble if he gets to play on the world stage. He's going to need an entire staff dedicated to just handling retractions. You can't go around calling people names like a fifth grader and then try and command respect. People like that are generally considered bullies on the playground. You know what happens to bullies when a bunch of little guys decide to work together?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join