It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals Rushing to Get into U.S. Before Trump Wall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here we go with a sudden increase in illegal border activity.

Somebody has put some facts together to show how the possibility of a Trump presidency is causing a renewed onslaught of illegal immigrants.

Trump has been talking up the "Wall" for a few months now.

Whether the "Wall" is a physical wall or an increased surveillance program or a massive military presence is debatable.

But it sure seems to be fueling a panic.

I wonder who is accelerating the rumors South of the border? Hmmm.

According to Reuters, between October and February Customs and Border Patrol apprehended 150,304 people attempting to illegally enter the U.S. via the southern border, about 24 percent more than the same timeframe last year. Additionally, the number of unaccompanied minors detained illegally entering the U.S. from October to January — 20,455 — is up by over 100 percent compared to those same months last year.

GOP presidential frontrunner Donald Trump’s vow to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border seems to be spurring more illegal immigration in recent months, according to Reuters.

The news agency says there has been an increase in illegal immigration at the southern border as migrants seek to make it into the United States illegally before Trump gets into office and it is too late.

“They think they need to take advantage while they can,” Blanca Rivera, a manager of the Ciudad Juarez migrant shelter, told Reuters. Rivera noted that she has seen the recent increase in northward migration.

Report: Illegals Rushing to Get into U.S. Before Trump Wall

edit on Mar-02-2016 by xuenchen because: NWO amplified

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
More Mexican Immigrants LEAVING the US than Entering

This was in November, multiple news sites carried the story, not sure how well the data holds up, but I figured I'd put it out there.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If it was current I would say planting season is coming up. The buses will be full in the next couple of months.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Has immigration ever NOT increased from year to year?

I cant wait for us to spend billions on a freaking wall. We could just reform immigration laws so people can just use the system properly. But hey why do that?

Lets spend some money huh? Walls, guns, and armoured vehicles. Yeah!

Then when people still come over we can post mean things on our useless wall.

Its like comic book. Such fun.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
More Mexican Immigrants LEAVING the US than Entering

This was in November, multiple news sites carried the story, not sure how well the data holds up, but I figured I'd put it out there.

Net Loss of 140,000 from 2009 to 2014; Family Reunification Top Reason for Return

5 year period that focuses on what they can get from "Legal" statistics.

Possible red herring to get people off the other nationalities coming here "Illegally"

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I cant wait for us to spend billions on a freaking wall. We could just reform immigration laws so people can just use the system properly. But hey why do that?

They could use the current situation properly as well...how is that working?

People that do illegal crap don't care if you change the laws.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks Oba... I mean Trump!

Dumbest idea ever. Even if he does put a wall up people will dig under it, swim around it, fly over it, etc. It's not going to solve a damn thing. One thing I've learned is that the harder you make something to get, the higher the demand for it gets as well. This is going to end up blowing up in Trump's face, I guarantee it, and I hope it does so the people who voted for him can see what a mistake it was.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

As someone who has just been mentally and economically ass raped by the immigration process I disagree.

The system could be half as big, twice as effective and make people want to do things properly.

I as a born and raised US citizen in good standing had my family separated for almost 3 years while we did things corectly. Tell me how we have a perfectly fine system in place. How its that people dont like being treated like humans and prefer to suffer.

Please. After bush and until Obama of all people helped my situation my wife was in a legal limbo. For YEARS there was no solution for us since laws expired and no one wanted to change anything.

The fact is our society needs second class citizens to function under the radar. There is SOO MUCH money to be made. Why fix what keeps a slave labor force legally screwed?

I will tell you what, if I could turn back time I would have just broken the law. Cheaper, faster and more effective. In our world, rules are for poor people. I see that now.

edit on 3 2 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If this is a fact & current news, then Does it shows to others that Even the Mexican people Do Not have Faith in Their Own Government to stop the wall from being built (if Donald Trump is to be president & actually build the wall Mexico will pay)?

Regards,

SK
edit on nd02Wed, 02 Mar 2016 16:02:20 -0600K201632031pm3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Actually you have a very good Cristal Ball.... the criminal gangs in Mexico (coyotes) control the flow of Illegals by charging hefty ammounts of $$$$, recently the influx of unaccompanied minors was their doing and with current events I would bet that they will take advantage.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Trump talks about a wall because it sells well among the uneducated. He knows that even if possible the cost would be out of control and a new business of bringing people in by boat or tunnel would just pop up. Because people like Trump have jobs for illegals they will find a way to come. And because we never hold the people that hire them responsible it will never end. Anyone who thinks different is fooling themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

It sells well everywhere.

Its not education. We are dumb animals. Even educated people are for it.

Its our hate and evil petty hearts. It makes us animals and as such makes us tamable beasts. Even the ones with diplomas hate and are petty at heart. Only the collar changes, same leash.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I regard securing the borders the most important issue at stake. If we only do ONE thing in the next presidential term, it ought to be that. So many other problems stem from our highly porous borders and lax immigration policies.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That fence that is already there is doing exactly what a wall would. And it is not to keep Mexicanos from entering, it is to make sure us Americans go out at the checkpoints.

It is to keep us in.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Let them pay a fine if Visas expire, everyday they stay. Let their unclaimed taxes be used on education or whatever America needs. Let them leave when they want and if they come back, revise their visas again. If they have children, let them pay or take out a 'special' tax from their cheque called "borderline child support".

edit on 2-3-2016 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I cant wait for us to spend billions on a freaking wall.

Well it is 'infrastructure' spending, and would create 'shovel ready' jobs.

What's not to like about it ?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My thoughts: any headline will be changed to include the name Trump if at all humanly possible. Call it "BFFT's Law", my little version of Godwin's Law (which, ironically, i just sort of invoked I suppose...albeit in a rather removed and subtle way)

Maybe the increase during this time period over last year has to do with weather. We had several deep freezes last year, while this year has been quite mild all year. I've had to mow my outer yard (where its less lawn, more weeds) all year since last summer ended. The trees in Odessa are already starting to get green. Thats about 3 weeks early.

Ill bet anything that local cotton farmers will try to turn out 2 harvests this year. I know HEB is already carrying some Pecos watermelons.

Maybe it has nothing to do with Trump, and everything to do with migrant labor.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That it could go else where. We have infrastructure problems else where. Places that are far more practical than a wall. We already have a wall, the go over and under it.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Thats true. Work is work I guess. I wonder if illegal labor will be used to build it so as to stay on budet. Lol

Sign me up! I can swing a shovel and deserve first world wages for it! Money!!!!
edit on 3 2 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Let's just build some Pyramids instead of a wall.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join