It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs and Bright Lights NE Scotland 29/02/16 - Breaking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The Daily Star has a guys home CCTV footage up but its pretty meagre.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: zeetroyman

Indeed. I bet those clever folks can combine the video and any noise recordings and work out how big it was, I will keep an eye on this.

The bbc showed a docu about that one in Russia a while back. Because they got three different camera angles and also the sound they were able to work out exactly where it came from, its size and speed too.
Hopefully there's a few more clips of this one so they can do the same.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Yes and that would be important because it could conceivably give them a reference point on where to look for other possible ones, right?
At least that is how it works in my imagination.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

All evidence helps I reckon, right? Good find.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
S&F
Im going to keep an eye on this for updates

Thanks OP

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
www.pressandjournal.co.uk...

skip to 1 minute

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Another one, just the flash again, but the cam has a time stamp, so that is good as long as it is accurate.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

good fine buddy. this is a great video.

What a flash off it

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Good vid, has the GPS on it as well, I am sure that will help.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Is it me or are these things becoming more frequent recently ?

I believe it's far more likely that it's a perception due to increased exposure to reporting of like events.

Notice that they're all being captured on dash cams? With the exception of cop cars, how prevalent were dash cams 10 years ago? What kind of mass appeal would these stories have without the videos, particularly outside of the country where the fall occurred? Consider also where most people were getting their news just 20 years ago.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I agree, but there's been 3 already in the past 2 months that I know of. The one in Grenoble, One over the Atlantic and now this one. I understand the whole global media, everybody has a camera, dash cameras but for 3 to occur in such a short space of time ?

Is it just the light causing the footage to go all funny, something to do with the lens and the light making it spaz out or some form of interference from the meteor ?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Twitter reports are stating massive flash of light then 10 seconds plus of booms. Alarms going off, cars, houses, ground shaking.

Reminded me of this one from Russia.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Discotech

You're not alone my friend. I was thinking the same thing.

I also think we've had an unusual amount of sink holes, and unusual weird noises that nobody seems to know where they're coming from.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
On the noise front I am in Manchester although nearer to the Pennines about 10.30 tonight there was a loud sound like banging I rushed out I thought something had crashed like a car but everywhere was silent but a few of my neighbours came out too alarmed at the noise. It would have been at a similar time to this in Scotland. I know its like 200 miles away but could it possibly be connected? Does anyone else live in Manchester area? If so, did they hear it?a reply to: WeRpeons

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons they hit all over the world everyday so there really is nothing new,russian one was a bit different but the rest is everyday stuff, happens all the time,just its never a daily news thing.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

No, you heard a noise at 10:30 (pm I assume?), the meteor was at 18:49 almost 4 hours earlier

Scotland is the same timezone as Manchester

IF you heard it in Manchester, you'd be damn sure that Scotland would be lacking a lot of windows
edit on 29/2/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech Is it just the light causing the footage to go all funny, something to do with the lens and the light making it spaz out or some form of interference from the meteor ?

i wondered about this also. i thought it looked like camera interference at the brightest moment of the flash.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Is it just the light causing the footage to go all funny, something to do with the lens and the light making it spaz out or some form of interference from the meteor ?

I am guessing that the ccd chip in the camera was flashed/overloaded, I am just going on memory here but I think that extreme changes in brightness can cause that to happen. I wouldn't know what kind of interference a meteor could have on a digital camera, as far as I know there aren't any radio or microwave effects from them. Wish I knew more.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I checked around and there are no real reports of anything like that. I was thinking that it may have been another one, you know, maybe from the same stream or field of debris, but nothing I can find.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Just seems that way, these things happen all over the world all the time and usually we know nothing about them, but interest in these events is higher now thanks to social media.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join