It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your avatar bother people?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Mine is relatively benign. I don't have too worry much about offending anyone.

I happen to like yours, btw.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Wow, I never knew your avatar winked... Missed it all this time.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
People have begged me to change mine.

Never, it's how I actually picture you.

Better than a Spaniel anyway.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

i once had an avatar that was revoked because is showed doc scurlock from young guns pointing a rifle with blood on his face, apparently the picture of a gun pointing in a fictional story is offensive to some ats members, i am starting to wonder why i even hang out here anymore

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

someone got on to me for using this, once:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Always a beer in my fridge for you. Not for me though, I'm off everything at the moment and you may or may not have noticed it's made me so much happier, positive and respectful of others.

Thanks for the laughs (and the winking gif!) people but I must sleep now. Cheers

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Haven't really given it any thought... nor am I likely to anytime in the foreseeable future.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I like your avatars, they are always so well done.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

This being offended about everything is ridiculous. I don't think I have seen any avatars that offend me. As a matter of fact, it would probably have to be so egregiously against T&C that it wouldn't be around long anyway.

What is the offended saying about your avatar? I don't see anything to be offended about. Are muslims going to be offended at people that have crosses in them or christians at ones with Islamic icons, or anti-gunners with ones that have guns? Come on people get you head out of your ass.

edit on 29/2/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I did use a Jacy-themed avatar for one of her threads and was asked nicely to take it down since it was confusing people. Someone actually hit on me because they thought I was a girl.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

You know what I have noticed? Consistency. Continuity. Grammatical improvements.

That said, unless you are going to eat a beast, it's best to tame it, rather than kill it, unless it is going to end your life, of course. I assume the metaphor will not escape you!

edit on 29-2-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical improvements...unforced error. It is not currently beer o'clock.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

my wife was pretty pissed at me while i was making it. Even though she is a recovering Catholic, the image is pretty in your face. I expected it to be provocative (and to not win the Christmas Avatar Contest i entered it in).

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Someone actually hit on me because they thought I was a girl.

You just gotta keep bringing that back up, don't you?
Usually when you accept someone's apology, you let the issue drop afterward.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: seeker1963

my wife was pretty pissed at me while i was making it. Even though she is a recovering Catholic, the image is pretty in your face. I expected it to be provocative (and to not win the Christmas Avatar Contest i entered it in).

lol!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like your avatars, they are always so well done.

Thank you. I prefer to make them for other people, though.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

his avatar is far more than just christian if you look closley

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

BFFT,

I have always found your avatars to be grand works, but what I like most about them, is that no matter how many times you change them, even the first glance at it tells you exactly who is in the house. A commanding presence, both visually and conversationally, is the impression that always comes across, no matter which version you are using, even that wee Irish ape you are currently sporting.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Thank you. I prefer to make them for other people, though.

Well I can certainly speak from experience on that one my friend.

edit on 29-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I do the bothering. People actually like my avatar. Having said that.. I only read the title of this thread. See what I mean now?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I've had a few posters commenting that the Earth in my avatar is rotating in the wrong direction and it's spinning too fast

edit on 29-2-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join