It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your avatar bother people?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

LOL... I salute your problem solving abilities good sir...

Ahem... bogart

Just have to roll my own...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
I don/t know if mine offends anyone or not. It's not anything, really. Just somethingI scribbled on a site called Silk.

Actually, after I put it on as my avatar, I did see a few things it could be. I won't say what because I don't want to influence anyone.

To me it looks like a vector wire frame graphical representation of a moo cow blowing a bubble gum bubble, while reading a news paper, with a bow atop its head.

As for mine I don't know if it bugs anyone. I would hope its intended innocuousness is correctly interpreted and that it is thusly ignored for the most part. On the other hand, the above interpretation of your avatar may suggest my perceptions of reality and intent are not altogether as rational as I hoped.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Yours is just a picture of the world tree. Though it is too lacking in detail for me to say if it is specifically Yggdrasil or just a generic one.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
No I don't think anyone has ever said it "bothered" them.

But there have been a few that were under the impression that it was me. I wish.

It's an alternate version of Jean Grey as Phoenix.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

It's from the Prose Edda and is Yggdrasil, but I specifically chose it due to its lack of distinctiveness, since my primary interest in the world tree concept is its ubiquity (or the ubiquity of a similarly "tiered" view of reality, if not literally a tree per se) in several ancient cosmologies.

A low key (Loki?) world tree if you will.

But yeah if anyone is bothered or annoyed by that... then I give up lol.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Does my avatar annoy people . Who doesn't love spiders . Not everything in Australia wants to kill you . A bite from this lady will make you very very sick . Or if you are young , old or unhealthy , kill you .

Picture added just in case i change my avatar
edit on 3-3-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Ye know... its polite to pass to the right...

and since im on the next page... well

On topic... your avatar bothers me brother

cause you won't share the wealth...

edit on 3-3-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well,some people got a headache after staring too long at my one

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The only concern I have are the flashing ones, as they can cause a siezure or trigger a siezure in someone prone but not digagnosed as having a seizure disorder. they can also trigger a phenomina called portaling... in which the mind becomes blank due to flashing lights like when going from room to room. color those lights and well light is a vibration of a wave length frequency. in the vedic cakra system... white disrupts the 3rd eye, blue the heart, red the root. if it sounds like psudeoscience then why the grounded concern for a fire truck or ambulance or the sinking feeling from police lights even when innocent?

if they illict emotion, is it from conditioning? if anyone wishes to explore such please use objectivity.
edit on 3-3-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I don't think most avatars bother people, but if you start to argue heatedly with somebody, their avatar becomes recognisable and you begin to resent the avatar as much as the person behind it. Human nature I guess.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

eh just conditioning to stimuli in such a case... with seeing anothers side? not so much friction to cause such heat. every thing has a different balance point.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

My avatars are thematic and they reflect my mood.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Someone has to stand up to the minority of POPs (Perpetually Offended People) and the SJWs crapping all over everything, trying to prevent intelligent and open-minded conversation. Mods are in an especially dangerous position when they start making policy based on a tiny minority of noisy people. I hope ATS doesn't go that way, because Reddit sure did, and it lead to a mass migration to another site.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
I don't think most avatars bother people, but if you start to argue heatedly with somebody, their avatar becomes recognisable and you begin to resent the avatar as much as the person behind it. Human nature I guess.

I'd argue that is animal nature. An animal reacts out of fear, and is unable to separate the message from the messenger. Humans act in thoughtful way, and don't let their knee-jerk emotions control them.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulrush
I'd argue that is animal nature. An animal reacts out of fear, and is unable to separate the message from the messenger. Humans act in thoughtful way, and don't let their knee-jerk emotions control them.

Haha, that's how humans ought to act, but sadly many don't. And I'm not only talking about physical actions, but rather allowing emotions to override their sense of logic and reason. Humans are very vulnerable when it comes to the latter.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I actually just got an avatar yesterday. I like it. Doubt it will offend anybody.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have a few people don't like. One night I started off with this:

It freaked people out so bad I had to change it, to this:

Nope, still too freaky. Change it. Okay, I tried this:

Still too freaky. So, I changed to the one I have now. This:

edit on 5-7-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That top one is compelling in a horrible way!

I chose an avatar for luck. It had three white dice showing sixes and, for the few days it lasted, barely anyone replied to a post or dusted a star. It was like being invisible. I then got a PM asking why I had a 666 avatar?! All I can think is my posts were more boring than usual and some members had been repelled by the sizes. The avatar was gone moments after the PM.

Another one was 'tried on' by me and Kanga for Halloween and it was too dark and depressing to be squatting screen-left of our posts. Some east European artist painted it and called it 'Auschwitz.' It was like a black hole of depression lol
edit on 7.5.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
The top one is horrible to look at but I kind of can't look away lol.

The dice avatar sounds cool. It's not like you had devil horns on it lol.

I tried to look the last one up but all I got were pics of the camp. I could have gone without seeing some of those. My fault for looking.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join