It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Trump becomes President and God forbid does a good job?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'd have to agree with your assessment. And it's obvious the Establishment in Washington are in panic mode. They promote a "us vs them" strategy as if there is a vast void between the two parties. Yet, to us who smell a turd in the punch bowl, both parties first and primary obligations are for those who really run the dog and pony show. The mere fact the election process is mired in big money interests means all candidates must hold allegiance to Wall St. Super-Pacs. In other words, lie and or deceive the masses for there is no real backlash for doing so but all agreements with the hand that feeds you are set in stone and carved with blood. Two instances come to mind. 1: Bush Sr.'s "read my lips" and 2: Obama's "change you can believe in" proves the point.

Hitlery's recent announcements that she will get tough on "Big-Pharma" predatory pricing schemes and those who are behind them only causes laughter among her critics. They know she is "bought and owned" by such interests and when the smoke fades nothing will be done to cease such behavior. We know this after the many past administrations who were quick to pledge the coulda, woulda and wantas to later say we tried, we tried and we tried with no measurable success.

Then Trump, a man of stature who is richer than God, and like another man of stature, Ross Perot, infiltrates the Republican Party and poses to topple the apple cart. However, the GOP who's members are as bad as their Democrat counter-parts are imploding among themselves. It's truly hilarious watching each of the GOP ranking leaders contracting the ass-hole disease. You can actually see assholes spring out their pores and # themselves to death. I read today that Mitch McConnell says the GOP will help Hitlery to win the general election. As to the truth I cannot tell but I would not be surprised if it's true.

Neither the Democratic or Republican Parties want a diversion of the "New World Order." They may have slight differences in how to do it successfully but both are involved up to their ears in making it happen. Both has showed no interest in stopping corporate flight. Both are involved in secret behind door trade negotiations and any national self serving protections of isolationism is scoffed. Any unfair trading policies contested by any solitary movement in the country regardless of the will of the populace will be futile as a result of the language of the contractual basis of these trade agreements. If any aspect of American freedom is threatened such agreements allow other parties in the agreements to sue the Federal Government ( tax-payers ) for all damages incurred during the standoff.

This happens more than one might suspect. Recently, In Europe, One country wanted to curtail advertising to the youth regarding tobacco products. All attempts to do so violated trading agreements. They were successfully sued and huge amounts of money was awarded. In other words their is no sovereignty and elected officials hands are tied when doing the public interests. In fact, this is the reason why TTIP negotiations and specifics are barred from the Press. They don't want you to know what they are doing under your nose.

So both parties see Trump as a threat. It has taken a hundred years for the global elitists to create the ripe conditions they enjoy and any diversions in the finishing touches will not be tolerated. Trump is smart enough to not play in their hands and for that he may lose his life. History suggests such a case. Both parties has made a science of creating hostility big enough to keep the lower classes at each others throats while benefiting on all fronts for what they hold dear.

In all reality, what appears to be complex is not as complex as they would have you believe. Trump, right, wrong or indifferent, is merely a reflection of a angry and frustrated populace and all attacks on his personal character by these political hacks is enough for me entertain his worthiness.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I almost want Trump to win simply so I can see how he intends to make Mexico pay for the "wall" and to watch him gold plate the White House like his own tacky apartment.

Oh yeah and preside over the downfall of the United States. Can't forget that one.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

After the initial dislike of personality that is so odd and rich to have any likeness of the mass world citizen, now I think I started to like the man more...But if he indeed becomes president then:

1. Muslim world will be neutralized
2. China will be neutralized
3. Russia will be neutralized
4. European dissent will be stopped
5. Latin America left wing will be cut off.

That could mean only one, WW3 on fast speed with possible US preemptive attacks to counter attack any possibility of Russia/China first strike.

Hilary on the other side wouldn't do much except a walk to Area 51 but that might be enough to resolve the oil crisis and global warming! Not that Trump can't do it, too. I don't remember he ever said he would.

Anyway, it doesn't depend on me and the world be it surviving or not, under Trump or Hilary, or Putin.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Elentarri

If you run the government like you run a business, you will fail.

I've heard that said before but cannot figure out why it would be a fail?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

We'll said Sir.

A business exists purely to deliver value to it's stockholders. Fiduciary duty.

A nation exists to protect and promote the well being of its citizens.

I guess some people have been brainwashed by the corporate media...

I suppose but "we the people" are the stockholders and fund the govt.

I also think it's the biz's job to please it's customers.

You are just relating what the govt has been like forever.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Not exactly. I run a business. That's all I would need to know.

I know that I can't spend more money then I make. I know I'll fail if a don't treat people right. I know how to work with other businesses to get ideas done. I know when there is a problem...roof leak, over due bill, unhappy customer, buggs...whatever. I don't form a committee and study it for several years. I fix the problem right then and there. When I work with another person or business. I dont' ask him what his political denomination is and then block everything he does if it's not the same as mine. LOL We actually talk about the real problem and come up with a solution. In politics, they call that flip flopping, caving in and compromising.

So, although I'm not a fan of trump, if you run government like you do a small business, you'll be successful and the country will run great. The problem is that polticians run the country like politicians.

Very well said!
Don't forget payroll! lol!

I've owned 3 biz over the years and you are spot on.

The problem with politicians is that the govt has a guaranteed income, they don't have to work for every dollar.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: grahag
Lets do a thought experiment.

You're on a sinking ship that only has life rafts for 50% of the people and you have to pick someone to organize who gets to be on the lifeboats. Which candidate would you trust to ensure it's the most fair for the passengers? Which ones do you think would give up their spot on the lifeboat to give someone else a chance?

Must be hillary's boat.

The ship's Chaplain or Leonardo di caprio!
edit on 3 4 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If trump wins the media will make it their mission to torpedo anything he does. It will be anti trump propaganda 24/7.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dagann
Recently, In Europe, One country wanted to curtail advertising to the youth regarding tobacco products. All attempts to do so violated trading agreements. They were successfully sued and huge amounts of money was awarded. In other words their is no sovereignty and elected officials hands are tied when doing the public interests. In fact, this is the reason why TTIP negotiations and specifics are barred from the Press. They don't want you to know what they are doing under your nose.

Tobacco advertising has been pretty much banned across Europe since 2005, with only a handful of countries allowing some billboard ads.

The EU legislation was challenged on a point of law before it was enacted (2000 iirc) but it was redrafted and implemented.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

We'll said Sir.

A business exists purely to deliver value to it's stockholders. Fiduciary duty.

A nation exists to protect and promote the well being of its citizens.

I guess some people have been brainwashed by the corporate media...

I suppose but "we the people" are the stockholders and fund the govt.

I also think it's the biz's job to please it's customers.

You are just relating what the govt has been like forever.

No. The biz pleases it's customers to improve value to the stockholders. It's not just good practice, it's the primary legal obligation with all the short termism it implies. There is no obligation to invest or develop.

We fund the govt but have rights beyond a simple monetary ROI. If we ran a nation like a business, we'd privatise the military and close down the schools because they don't add tangible short term value.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
If trump wins the media will make it their mission to torpedo anything he does. It will be anti trump propaganda 24/7.

You mean our version of "Fleet Street"? "National Enquirer" et al? Elections are a media event (always have been) free speech rules; print as they wish, your recourse is to "SUE" (even though he is not litigious) will spend a fortune defending himself; or he will just negotiate an out of court agreement.
edit on 4-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Tuesday August 23, 2016

I'm looking forward to seeing what Donald Trump has to say tonight in the FOX News Town Hall. (10pm EDT). We're nearing the home stretch of the Presidential campaign. I hope he strikes a good balance between promoting his own agenda, while explaining why Hillary's is bad. Not just saying that her agenda won't work.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join