It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Trump becomes President and God forbid does a good job?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think this is the true fear of the Republican and Democrat Establishment.

Just imagine, Trump gets elected and the economy gets better and he gets the border under control. Just imagine if Trump wins and he makes better trade deals.

This is scary for the establishment because it turns their power structure on it's head. Just imagine, a person can become President, do a good job and they don't have to be a career, lying and corrupt Politician.

The establishment acts like it's a crime to vote for Trump.

Trump played the good soldier and supported McCain in 08 and Romney flew out to Vegas to get his endorsement in 12. So they love Trump when he supports their losing candidates but because he dares to run for office and he gets votes, he's now the worst person in the world.

I don't agree with Trump on everything but the guy got 420,000 votes. More than Romney or McCain at the same time when they ran.

Could it be, people just don't want Rubio because of the Gang of 8?

Could it be, people just don't want Rubio because he was the 60th vote for Obamatrade and people care about trade with China and Mexico?

If Trump does a good job as President, then someone with a different skill set other than lying corrupt Politician can get elected and this turns everything on it's head.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A nice synopsis and indeed his biggest obstacle.

The PTB most likely has big issues with many of his viewpoints.
I think he has what it takes to give them a run for his money, and hope he makes it. That being said, these are powerful people and he certainly knows what he is up against.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I've always considered this. I don't expect it, and if he becomes President I expect Trump to do an awful job, but it's possible he'll do a really good one just to troll people or something. That seems a Trump thing to do.

I'll say this: If he does well, I'll have misjudged the man. Well, he's still an egocentric blowhard, but this would make him a competent egocentric blowhard. And while I can deal with the latter two traits, what always pisses me off the most about politicians is that for the most part they just SUCK. At EVERYTHING. They can barely do corruption right.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Another poster told me the other day that America has become a corporation. I think he was spot on.

So initiating a guy like Trump, with his record of bankrupcy'es and his ability to recover from it, hey - it might not be a skewed choice? This might be the guy that can solve the puzzle?

As a business man, Trump, he should know how to "make america great again", dont you? With his caps made in China

His Trump tower build by foreign workers.. sure, hes the way forward. Because he saved money for the masses? !

OK then, if Trump was behind building the WTC 7, it now makes more sense! It was made of wood or sticks?

Lets try terrorists? Pull a column (79) in the Trump tower and it will all collapse in free fall speed?

/sarcasm off!

Oh if you misunderstood, the fall of the Trump tower, is a metaphor for America...
/me walks away disgusted!

edit on 28/2/2016 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

It's really simple trump is not corupt able. That is what terrifies the rest of the worlds elites. He just may actually look out for America first, and the average American citizen. That is clearly opposed to the rich elites plans for the world.

The way I look at is their is a chance he could be good. There is no chance anyone part of the existing system could be.

edit on 28-2-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I'm expecting him to do well because I'm leaning to him running the executive branch like a business rather than a bunch of buddy buddies giving each other jobs they're underwhelmingly qualified for. I expect him to bring in the best talent and push it to its limits.

To heck with his poor ego. It's as bad as House as a person yet everyone seems to go crazy for him.

link   
Sounds like false hope to me. Whoever is in office is part of the agenda in my opinion. They have their hands too deep in the political arena to allow someone to go against their agenda. It's all part of the plan, make it seem as though the establishment hates Trump so that the people will vote him in. Trump IS the establishment, he's the kind of person who got us in the mess we're in in the first place.
edit on 2/28/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'd vote for him, if I could be bothered to vote. Never Clinton. Not Sanders. Liar and idealist. A doer is needed. However, I still will never understand the debate of Democrats vs. Republicans on ATS, a site where the members are supposedly conspiracy theorists and distrustful of the government and corporations; continuing to argue for one vs another.

Kasich as Trump's VP.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

An idealist is exactly what you need. Whyyy won't people realise this?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I've lost all hope that any candidate will actually do what's right for the American people.

But if he did, I would be pleasantly surprised.

Especially because it would show the public that voting for someone who isn't a career politician is a real option.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Sounds like false hope to me. Whoever is in office is part of the agenda in my opinion. They have their hands too deep in the political arena to allow someone to go against their agenda. It's all part of the plan, make it seem as though the establishment hates Trump so that the people will vote him in. Trump IS the establishment, he's the kind of person who got us in the mess we're in in the first place.

This is paranoid nonsense.

You honestly think the richest donors, republican leadership, world leaders and media all got together to intensely hate on him just to fool people into thinking they are against him when really they are for him? If they had this nefarious plan what is to stop them from successfully destroying their Trojan horse by accidentally convincing the people he sucks. Occam's razor dude.

You lack the ability to think logically if you actually believe this. The establishment hates him there is mountains of evidence.

That does not mean he will be a good president, but it does mean he won't be controlled.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Was talking with a colleague I have not seen for a while , the other day.

We entertained a circled rumor (could be a myth) that once a newly elected president is in office for a few weeks, they get a visit from an unnamed branch of the government that basically sets down some operating limits. Kind of "rules for the road" policies.

We agreed that at least some external, secretive people would have a very serious meeting with him about certain stuff.

We also agreed that past presidents have probably all had them in one form of another.

Would you not want to be a fly on that wall!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is why I'm kind of gettin a little scared for Trump... if you know what I mean.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-2-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Feb 29 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembed vid, language on cover Automatic Censors

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I like how Trump was able to criticize Beyonce for her Black Panther leaning message against police abuse of power towards the black population yet had nothing to say about the KKK. What were his words "I do not know of this David Duke or organization and I need to research them before I can comment." HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yup that's the man that's going to bring us together.
Personally I hope he wins but for all the wrong reasons.

edit on 28-2-2016 by unicornholiday because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I'll eat all my negative words I've ever said about Trump if that pans out! I'll even post some praise towards him right here on ATS! However, I doubt it will happen. I thought George W. Bush was incompetent before he was elected, and it turned out he was just that. Than again Obama was a disappointment, after he reneged on his promise of government transparency. He turned out to be exactly the opposite.

When it comes to politicians you never know what you're going to get.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn
Incorrect. An idealist will get nothing done. A doer is needed, but again political debates on ATS make almost no sense when one thinks of the site.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Double Post

edit on 28-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

No, that's what we keep telling ourselves.
We know exactly now what we're going to get with EVERY president moving forwards from here on out.
Nothing but corrupted figure heads that give us the illusion of a choice heard and supported.
We support the lie because we are not going to fight the system and lose our careers or
our homes and cars and lives....So long as their lie remains strong we are able to
keep our lie strong as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
However, I still will never understand the debate of Democrats vs. Republicans on ATS, a site where the members are supposedly conspiracy theorists and distrustful of the government and corporations; continuing to argue for one vs another.

This ^ cubed

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

You got it all wrong

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join