It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory - The influence of Angels, Spirits, Demons, and Djinn on People.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is pure speculation and theory. I'm sorry if it goes against anyone's beliefs, that is not my intention.
I am NOT getting into whether they exist or not. I fully believe they do exist. From my experiences I know this. So if you came to argue this point then please leave. (mods please move if not in the correct forum)

I read a lot of folklore, legends, and myths from multiple cultures. I see many similarities between them. They are intriguing and cause me to think in depth about possible connections.

Ok I'll start with angels. A common belief around the world and many people are familiar with the basics. There are more than one type. Their general purpose is to help.
Next spirits - or entities. These can be either good or bad, it is dependent on the nature of their origin.
Demons - obviously a negative bad entity driven by ill intent. Spawned by Lilith after she left Adam.
Djinn - also jinn or genie Arab/Muslim origin.

The Quran says that the jinn are made of a smokeless and "scorching fire",but are also physical in nature, being able to interact in a tactile manner with people and objects and likewise be acted upon. The jinn, humans, and angels make up the three known sapient creations of God. Like human beings, the jinn can be good, evil, or neutrally benevolent and hence have free will like humans.[2] The shaytan jinn are akin to demons in Christian tradition, but the jinn are not angels and the Quran draws a clear distinction between the two creations.
definition

So just follow my train of thought here. I started reading about the Georgia Guidestones - just search if you don't know, there's too many threads. I was thinking specifically about the part where they warn about overpopulation. I thought it was interesting and possibly a purpose other than over consumption of resources would be because of unseen forces. I've read about how people are supposed to have 2 guardian angels at all times. They switch, one set during the day and another set at night. The dawn and dusk times are when people are most vulnerable during this switch. If there is a finite number of angels ... what happens? If the number of people exceed the number of angels then who are the guardians?

So I start thinking about how some people are easily influenced. They seem to give into desires, cravings and wants more easily than others. Now it would seem also that there are people that give into their base ego and commit horrible crimes. Are they being influenced by other forces. Possibly the djinn or demons. It could also be fallen angels or watchers.

I love speculating so again THIS IS JUST A THEORY - what if in the course of time, since the "fall" was so long ago, God chose to forgive the fallen angels. And they now are needed to act as guardians. But since they have less experience, they aren't as good at it. Just think about it. The fallen angels were thrown out of heaven and sent to earth. Say they experienced and acquired cravings and wants similar to people since they were subject to the material realm and it's trappings just like us. So if God gave them a chance at redemption and forgiveness, and allowed them to take roles as guardian angels they may be tempted to influence people.

Remember that old advertisement showing an angel on one shoulder and a devil/demon on the other. I'm saying what if that was happening. Just take a minute and think about people you know. The ones that drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, take medications, take illegal drugs, over consume junk food. All bad stuff or vices right? Well it's the persons weakness. It wouldn't help if their angel had cravings too. They feel the effects of those things the same way we do.

So I'm saying that since society is morally crumbling around us, we're making it easier to be influenced. I think they could easily steer people in whatever direction they want. Some people are too strong. Either their energy can't be penetrated or they are morally strong inside.

I suspect the Djinn are more trouble makers than helpers. They have the ability to help but tend toward mischief. I had a friend living in the Middle East and I asked about her Muslim beliefs on angels & djinn. She felt very strongly about it. Said she'd seen them and refused to talk about it more.

Even though I listed all those vices I myself smoke cigarettes. I gave up trying to quit. Apparently one of my "guardians" likes cigarettes. I was outside smoking one evening, I could sense I wasn't alone. Most smokers can time how long it takes to smoke a cigarette. I swear I took only 4 drags, since I was reading news on my phone. I looked up and realized my cigarette was all gone. I looked at the time. I joke and say my angel smoked it before I could.

And just to throw this out there. I've had encounters with negative and positive entities. I don't think people can avoid them. But certain things can rid you of "negative" entities. That's why I love living near the ocean. Salt water can bring on a release if a negative entity tries attaching itself to you.

So ok go ahead and rip apart my theory.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: obnoxiouschick
This is pure speculation and theory.

IMVHO ... you're about spot-on. You've got a forever to keep plugging away, but you are on the right track.

Salt water can bring on a release if a negative entity tries attaching itself to you.

Don't bet on it.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just a we bit of scripture to ponder .

Dan 9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
Dan 9:22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.
Dan 9:23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

Dan 10:12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
Dan 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
Dan 10:14 Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.
Dan 10:15 And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.

Dan 10:18 Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,
Dan 10:19 And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.
Dan 10:20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.
Dan 10:21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.
KJV

ETA ...

Psa 82:1 A Psalm of Asaph. God takes his stand in the divine assembly; among the divine beings he renders judgment:
Psa 82:2 "How long will you judge partially by showing favor on the wicked? Interlude.
Psa 82:3 "Defend the poor and the fatherless. Vindicate the afflicted and the poor.
Psa 82:4 Rescue the poor and the needy, delivering them from the power of the wicked.
Psa 82:5 They neither know nor understand; they walk about in the dark while all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
Psa 82:6 "Indeed I said, 'You are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High.
Psa 82:7 However, as all human beings do, you will die, and like other rulers, you will fall.'
Psa 82:8 Arise, God, to judge the earth, for all nations belong to you.
ISV
edit on 27-2-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

ETA

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. ISV

Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. KJV

Deu 32:7 Remember the days of old, reflect on the years of previous generations. Ask your father, and he'll tell you; your elders will inform you.
Deu 32:8 When the Most High gave nations as their inheritance, when he separated the human race, he set boundaries for the people according to the number of the children of God.
Deu 32:9 For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is his allotted portion. ISV

ETA

Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against human opponents, but against rulers, authorities, cosmic powers in the darkness around us, and evil spiritual forces in the heavenly realm.
Eph 6:13 For this reason, take up the whole armor of God so that you may be able to take a stand whenever evil comes. And when you have done everything you could, you will be able to stand firm.
Eph 6:14 Stand firm, therefore, having fastened the belt of truth around your waist, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
Eph 6:15 and being firm-footed in the gospel of peace.
Eph 6:16 In addition to having clothed yourselves with these things, having taken up the shield of faith, with which you will be able to put out all the flaming arrows of the evil one,
Eph 6:17 also take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Eph 6:18 Pray in the Spirit at all times with every kind of prayer and request. Likewise, be alert with your most diligent efforts and pray for all the saints.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: obnoxiouschick

An astute and inclusive observation on your part. Many religions share a common thread of other-plane dwelling beings whose mandate is to prey upon the vulnerable and weak to gain influence. Kudos for including Djinn in your theory--some wouldn't have brought them into the fold as they aren't a common topic for discussion.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Hi there,

This is not a 'far off' theory. I can tell you from my experiences, what I do know. And my first experience was when I was about 5 years old and have continued ever since. Yes, angels protect people, have assignments from God, give messages. There are angels, cheribums, demons, and other entities you can't even imagine. I am a believer in Jesus. I read some good Christian books on 'how to see in the spirit realm', and protection for when you get there. I have seen some things after prayer and practice, I have seen spirits over people, I have heard spirits talk, laugh and I can go on. But I think you're point is, do they influence people?
Yes! Yes, and yes.
People often complain of a feeling of heaviness, anger or depression when living in haunted houses.
I have been taught by a pastor who worked at a mental health hospital and actually did exorcisms on some patients with the patience being made well after the entity left them
The bible speaks of multiple accounts of people being possesed.
I have felt them, cold presence, evil presence, etc.
If it was an angel I will feel joy and peace.
One time me and my husband kept fighting, for stupid reasons, I prayed that God would help me, I kept silent during the next argument and my husband freaked out as he could hear laughing in the middle of the night when he paused from scolding me, no one else was awake or there. He couldn't figure out where the laughing was from.
Watch 'deliver us from evil', based on a true story.
Watch paranormal witness, watch angels and miracles, I think it's called. I don't believe everyone tells the truth, but I don't believe these are all lies either.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Also on the cigarette theory. I have only encountered bad spiritual phenomenon when it comes to the smell of cigarettes. And also with other people smelling cigarettes coming from seemingly no where. Addictions master the addict, there are spirit realms that open with certain drugs, I don't know about cigarettes though. There are some things called generational curses, passes down addictions and illnesses from one generation to another. Example parents hooked on alcohol, dies of liver failure, children hooked on alcohol, dies of liver failure, etc.
As I said, when I smell or see smoke, it's always a bad spirit.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thank you for your input.

The saltwater only works if you catch it before it fully attaches. It's like removing a tick before it engorges and buries itself under your skin.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Ok well even though I was raised Christian I have difficulty deciphering King James text. The style of writing makes it hard for me to grasp. Yes I hate Shakespeare too.

If you could include your point in referencing scripture and some explanation I'd appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Remember that old advertisement showing an angel on one shoulder and a devil/demon on the other. I'm saying what if that was happening. Just take a minute and think about people you know. The ones that drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, take medications, take illegal drugs, over consume junk food. All bad stuff or vices right? Well it's the persons weakness. It wouldn't help if their angel had cravings too. They feel the effects of those things the same way we do.

My problem with your idea is that your exerting way too much of the ill-will and poor personal choices that go on in the world on to external forces of debatable existence. I'm not making the case that angels and demons don't exist, hell they might very well exist in the minds of some people. The other thing I have to mention, morality is entirely subjective. So when you say people are morally strong, do you mean morally strong as individuals? Or as a society?

However my interpretation of the whole concept of angels and such, is that they are merely metaphorical representations of the human psyche and human morality. Very similar to the concept of karma,except the outcome of one's actions(Good karma or Bad Karma) are merely the consequences of interacting with either the forces of nature or other human beings. In the end were all capable of heinous acts,benevolent acts but their all primary influenced by human beings...There is no need to add an external force of spiritual entities...
edit on 27-2-2016 by NateTheAnimator because: Edit

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Sorry about the KJ posts . I had 2 Eswords open and was using 2 different versions .The reference's were to show parts of the unseen realm .I am of the belief that daemons may be the results of dead Nephlim sprites . They roam the earth looking for bodies .A good case for that is found when Jesus casts out the daemons of one man and they ask Him to allow them to go into the heard of swine .They seek embodiment . Also there seems to be some kind of access to dead human sprites as well because of the story of Saul calling up Samuel from the grave .

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

An astute and inclusive observation on your part. Many religions share a common thread of other-plane dwelling beings whose mandate is to prey upon the vulnerable and weak to gain influence. Kudos for including Djinn in your theory--some wouldn't have brought them into the fold as they aren't a common topic for discussion.

I'm still reading Jewish mysticism and Hindu text. I think it's very interesting. Djinn should be discussed more but I haven't read enough Muslim teachings where I know they are described in depth.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Another way they influence your reality is simply by pondering thier existence and the forces they represent...
The further you research or reason thier existence the more they will alter your reality because of the connection...
It's an energy thing and it's true because they are real...
For better or worse so be careful...
Thier intellect is greater than ours so that means you will be changed... you won't be changing them should you communicate with or recieve locutions from them...
edit on 27-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shinethelight

Also on the cigarette theory. I have only encountered bad spiritual phenomenon when it comes to the smell of cigarettes. And also with other people smelling cigarettes coming from seemingly no where. Addictions master the addict, there are spirit realms that open with certain drugs, I don't know about cigarettes though. There are some things called generational curses, passes down addictions and illnesses from one generation to another. Example parents hooked on alcohol, dies of liver failure, children hooked on alcohol, dies of liver failure, etc.
As I said, when I smell or see smoke, it's always a bad spirit.

Sounds like you've had a lot of experience with this.

The generational curse is difficult for me, as I have had to enlist help to remove a lingering energy off my bloodline.

I think shamans might disagree on the smoking thing. The worst negative spirits I felt had to do with a piece of land associated with a folklore about the devil and an Indian girl. I avoid that area now.
It may be Djinn visiting me, they are made from smoke. They can be good or bad.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator
Yes people are accountable for their actions or choices.
I was saying there would be different levels of influence yet people still have to deal with their own Karma.
It would be easier to influence ones with weak inner strength and low morals.
I meant society seems to be falling morally as well as individual people being morally corrupt.
I completely let go a friendship where I said " I hold you accountable for your actions, whether you were drunk or not is not an excuse for doing it." So I'm not saying I throw the blame for misdeeds at external forces, I'm just saying they COULD have some influence.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
From my point of view:

There is objective morality that is not the same a subjective morality. The golden rule and karma is ideas that point to this logical objectivity that see all the connections on how an action propagate thru all souls in creation on all levels. Moral relativism is an illusion we tell our self to whitewash our own insane behavior.

Some souls can handle bad influence from the spiritual realms since they are steadfast and hard to corrupt due to their fearless nature. Knowledge and awareness makes you fearless of the dark Ones since they cannot influence those who do not allow themselves to be manipulated. If you know yourself and have increased awareness you can even logically look at emotional manipulation that is running rampant on this level of creation from both the other planes and this plane.

When you can logically understand emotional manipulation then you will understand why some trees (ideas) can never give of good fruits regardless, if the idea is from a spirit incarnated in a human body or a spirit somewhere else.

The problem for me is that some religions are subjective morality saying they are objective morality since they do not have the awareness to see the fruits of their ideas.

It does not matter if a person including me like or dislike homosexuality between consenting adults. It is still objectively moral when it is based on symbiosis(mutualism) of 2 spirits.

It does not matter if a person including me like or dislike hetrosexuality between consenting adults. It is still objectively moral when it is based on symbiosis(Mutualism) of 2 spirits.

It does not matter if you like or dislike power pyramids structures (feudalism/capitalism/fascism/theocracy/political socialism and communism). It is still objectively an abomination since it creates slaves and masters and is parasitical in nature.
edit on 28-2-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

It's fun to speculate

If these entities do exist, I'm not sure it's fair to give humanity any responsibility for anything we do. Wouldn't their existence make us glove puppets? If I go out and punch someone on the street, it's the demon's fault. If I say something nasty that ruins someone's day? Djinn/demons. When I go out and pay a compliment it's angels and likewise when I'm kind to people.

So at which point do we turn around and ask why those angels aren't working harder? Or ask why the demons have the ability to be dicks and make us act like dicks too? At which point do we take responsibility for our actions?

If you're curious by nature, have a look at things like attachment disorder and soft monkeys. This isn't an explanation for why humans act the way they do, it's a small aspect of the human condition that goes some way to explaining why some of us act the way we do some of the time. It's a less complicated way of interpreting deeds without populating our environment with hierarchies of good/evil entities.

...and I haven't dismissed your ideas.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The Bible does have a number of accounts of angels and demons but I tend to think the Bible is highly edited. The apocrypha also has stories of these entities.
When you put sprites you meant spirits right?

An odd side note that you used the old spelling for demon - daemon. I was just explaining to my son the use of puns in Pier Anthony's Xanth and showed him the difference in words. Anthony has one character named Com Pewter who is a demon. So I showed him the daemon (computer) definition. daemon definition

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yea sorry for the misspelling of some words .Spirits seem to me to be of a different nature then a entity . There is a conversation where God is asking His divine council how to address a certain issue on earth . One member comes forth and makes the suggestion that he would go put a lying spirit or act as a lying spirit to get this guy to do something . God responds saying make it so ..... The Holy Spirit seems because of the way it is used to be a Entity .Terms like He ,Him and The suggests a person but not human.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'm just adding what I know, 1 Enoch, an Apocryphal but relevant Jewish text has demons as the souls of the Nephilim who were killed in the deluge.

Angels are NOT the opposite of demons and vise versa. They are messengers who are used by God to either deliver a message or complete a specific task.

Elohim are the 72 chief spirits. At the top El Elyon and his consort Asherah. The Sons of God are 70 in number and each are responsible for a nation. Yahweh was originally one of the 70 but that's ancient history as Yahweh is none other than Baal.

The Igrigori are the watchers, some of whom were imprisoned for the whole Nephilim fiasco. They are supposed to just watch people, not mate with them.

Djinn are spirits with free will, unlike angels. I don't know much about them other than what's been said.

Hope that helps, Salaam!!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Another way they influence your reality is simply by pondering thier existence and the forces they represent...
The further you research or reason thier existence the more they will alter your reality because of the connection...
It's an energy thing and it's true because they are real...
For better or worse so be careful...
Thier intellect is greater than ours so that means you will be changed... you won't be changing them should you communicate with or recieve locutions from them...

Thank you for your input. Yes I agree that too much thought dwelling on that particular negative subject can allow for manifestation. I try to be careful.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join