It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panicking Mitch McConnell Says GOP Will Help Hillary Beat Trump If He Wins The Nomination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Gryphon66

Honestly I think they're screwed either way. End all, be all? I doubt it. But I think it'll be a huge rift that'll cause substantial damage either way they go.

Maybe. I just can't imagine what it will look like on the other side ... and let's play with this scenario ...

1. Trump wins the Presidency.

2. Republicans lose the Senate to the Democrats.

3. House remains a slim majority Republicans.

We have all seen, repeatedly, over the length of his career that Donald is very concerned with due respect being paid to his own self-importance.

Should he win ... do they not think he will do anything and everything in his power to destroy them?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

This is why I say that the establishment on both sides of our party lines are conspiring against the electorate right now. That should be as obvious to the left as it is to the right.

We obviously disagree deeply on what the actual solutions to the problems may be, but we should at least agree on the problem -> Washington, DC and its established politicians.

If we, as a populace, cannot effect change through the ballot box, then it may be time to use the 2nd for one of its purposes, and I would hope at that point the left is as ready to stand with the right to at least oust the problem as the right should be to stand with the left.

We can get back to bickering over things once we've gotten rid of our would be overlords.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

It's a classic case of Catch-22.

McConnell, and by default, the GOP are screwed if Trump wins the nomination, much less the presidency. He's trying to make the best of a nightmare scenario where Trump plays the madman with the chainsaw and hockey mask as the GOP run amok in circles screaming like a bunch of teenagers. Everyone knows there will be much bloodshed.

The question is who will remain standing before the ending credits roll. (Hint, the guy with the chainsaw always survives to make a sequel.)

LOL ... yes, that's sort of the scenario I just described.

Also, consider this. On Trump's Facebook page ... we have this (can't link directly ... scroll down the page a bit):

TRUMP: First Day in Office

In which he blathers on and on about all the Executive Orders he plans to issue because (this is my personal favorite part) "The President doesn't need Congress to make Executive Orders"

This is getting better and better. Heck, I may even vote for Mr. Trump!
edit on 27-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This is why I say that the establishment on both sides of our party lines are conspiring against the electorate right now. That should be as obvious to the left as it is to the right.

We obviously disagree deeply on what the actual solutions to the problems may be, but we should at least agree on the problem -> Washington, DC and its established politicians.

If we, as a populace, cannot effect change through the ballot box, then it may be time to use the 2nd for one of its purposes, and I would hope at that point the left is as ready to stand with the right to at least oust the problem as the right should be to stand with the left.

We can get back to bickering over things once we've gotten rid of our would be overlords.

Okay Kets ... I'm running out of stars ... LOL.

You're right.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
originally posted by: xuenchen

What do you make of it Xuench? ... what would happen if the RNC started running attack ads on Candidate Trump?

Do your "sources" indicate otherwise?

I doubt the RNC will nationally.

They made Trump sign that pledge.

But I'm sure some local campaigns might. They'll do it from the "outside" by using some superpacs that support Democrat candidates.

And if the RNC actually does it outwardly, I will roll on the floor laughing.

And it may not even affect the voters all that much.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Gryphon66And if the RNC actually does it outwardly, I will roll on the floor laughing.

And it may not even affect the voters all that much.

If the RNC goes through with openly attacking Trump, I will it will push voters into his corner. I'm sure that I'm not the only one to feel this way, but anyone the party establishment fears, I'm all for.

edit on 2/27/2016 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Good.
One step closer to implosion.
Now if the same would happen to the Democrats, the common folk might have a fighting chance.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Good.
Now if the same would happen to the Democrats, the common folk might have a fighting chance.

I wish i could give you a million stars and flags.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Good.

If the Super Delegates don't vote with the People ... and Bernie were to go Independent (neither of which are exactly unlikely at this moment in time) ...

We could see 3 or 4 national parties after this ... which would be a lifelong dream of mine personally.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

If you think Hillary winning the election by any means is a good thing..... Well, I think you're too lost for me to try and help with further comment. Obviously, that's just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am in total agreement with your dream.
How do you like that?
We see eye to eye on something.... maybe we are right? Eh?

edit on b000000292016-02-27T17:43:29-06:0005America/ChicagoSat, 27 Feb 2016 17:43:29 -0600500000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
To me this seems to be proof that neither party actually has OUR interests at heart. I fear a Trump Presidency as well, but if he wins the election, well, he wins the election and that should be respected. Voters have made many mistakes before

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I am in total agreement with your dream.
How do you like that?
We see eye to eye on something.... maybe we are right? Eh?

I'm realizing a lot in this discussion ... actually.

Thanks for commenting!

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The establishment dream election was Bush vs Clinton. I bet the GOP is wishing they had SUPER delegates right about now.

IF Trump gets the Whitehouse, McConnell, Cruz, and Rubio will have Hell to pay !!!

Don't you mean hell toupee?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

If you think Hillary winning the election by any means is a good thing..... Well, I think you're too lost for me to try and help with further comment. Obviously, that's just my opinion.

I'm sorry ... but ... whaaa?

I may be voting for Trump ... see above.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Putting it that way it is. And that is a good way to tick people off, especially running against Hackery...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

People aren't following the script.

The establishment of both parties has dumped millions into the election and advertising and the people have ignored it.

We are supposed to believe that Hillary/Rubio/Bush are the best for us.

We were supposed to ignore Trump/Cruz/Sanders/Carson.

They have spent millions!
Every day the talking heads talk about how we are getting it wrong. How establishment candidates are the best for us.

And we continue to ignore them.

The time is coming where they will either have to start listening to us or completely ignore us.

Can anyone guess what they will do?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Willtell

Have.

Until November 2016.

I would jump for joy if the republican party self-destructed.

There is hardly any group in history as evil as the republican party of today.

It goes down with the Nazis, Stalinists, fascists, the confederacy, and other evildoers of history.

But right now their running the country or ruining the country.

I hope they get overthrown in 2016 and if Trump is the catalyst God bless him

The GOP deserves Trump

They have done NOTHING to govern

The American people are suffering from bottomless ignorance for giving such people power

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What do you make of it Xuench? ... what would happen if the RNC started running attack ads on Candidate Trump?

Do your "sources" indicate otherwise?

I doubt the RNC will nationally.

They made Trump sign that pledge.

Well, I think if Trump thinks the RNC is going to give him the shaft, pledge or no pledge, I bet he'll switch to independent and flip the RNC the bird.
If there is truth to this story about mitch then we are well past the time for a third party.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The Republicans have no future, and they haven't for a while. The moment their platform became one of dismantling the government rather than sanely and efficiently running government they signed their death warrant. It has spiraled out of control from there, and now their major voting block is a segment of the population that even wants to remove concepts like public schools, public roads, and food standards. Even if they were successful, a neutered government still has government offices, which will inevitably be filled by people who aren't ideologically opposed to the office existing. You cannot hold political power by removing offices from existence and leaving the few that remain as clusterf-'s, you can only hold power by occupying them and giving off the illusion of competence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join