It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panicking Mitch McConnell Says GOP Will Help Hillary Beat Trump If He Wins The Nomination

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yup, I can see why this would scare them. Trump/Cruz were supposed to be jokes, people were not suppose to take them seriously. They never took into account that peasants (seriously, that is how they see us) err people are sick and tired of business as usual they want real change.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The time is coming where they will either have to start listening to us or completely ignore us.

Can anyone guess what they will do?

I believe that no matter what side of the aisle you're on, no matter your personal beliefs, the point you bring with that should worry us all. Not only in the United States, but across the world. To what lengths will the world's elite go to maintain their control should people finally stop buying into their lies.

Would it force their hands into their endgame?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I don't think that there is an endgame so much.

But I do think there will be a time when they stop pretending to listen and "care" about us.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We could see 3 or 4 national parties after this

My dream would be to just do away with "parties". I hate that someone must be aligned with anyone else just to get anywhere. Pretty much every party already has some good ideas in their platforms but no one from any other party wants to admit that. People should just be able to run on their own without having to kiss someone Else's ass

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Parties are pretty much inevitable, another word for party is alliance, which is essentially what they are. People agree to work on the same bill, give it a common brand, and all vote for it. We will never be rid of parties, though we might be in a 1 party system for the next decade while a new and competent opposition party forms.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Oh you're definitely right, but we were talking dreams, and that's the only dream I can put on here without getting banned

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
First, I believe Rush Limbaugh has predicted this a while ago. He at least mentions it, multiple times if I recall correctly. Second, this may give Trump more support. Alot of conservatives don't like McConnell and this isn't going to help at all, except to drive more people to Trump or Bernie.

This can also be an establishment ploy to get Hillary elected. According to the polls, while Trump is gaining popularity, I believe, only one in five national polls sees Trump beating Hillary in a general election. So this could be a very roundabout way of trying electing Hillary by making Trump the enemy, more so than Hillary.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Kind of in a hurry but I'll try and clarify anything if needed.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I saw your post earlier and was sure if I read both of your links I would find mention of the Koch brothers in at least one of them. I wasn't disappointed. Their names have been showing up in the most "interesting" places of late.

Concerning your OP, I am deeply delighted the presence of Donald Trump is shaking the foundations of the established, corrupt political system of control to the core. It's about time.

Your second link was amazing to read and I'm surprised it's even in print. I'll relink it as this post will end up on Page 4 when I click on Reply. Thanks!!

Desperate

edit on 27-2-2016 by tweetie because: removed a few words

edit on 27-2-2016 by tweetie because: comma

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hmmm, just a couple of months ago they were saying this:

GOP congressional leaders on Thursday said they are confident Republicans would back Donald Trump or Ted Cruz if they win the party's presidential nomination.
At their annual retreat in Baltimore, Maryland, Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky, were asked whether they are confident Republicans will support Trump or Cruz.
"Yes," Ryan said at a joint press conference with McConnell. "We're going to support whoever our nominee is. You know why? Because it's the Republican primary voter who makes that decision."

www.cbsnews.com...

Of course, they are evidently speaking of Republican voters, not the moneymen.

So I'm thinking this may be someone's wishes rather than an actual event. It sounds more like a game of telephone than anything else.

That said, I've never been able to figure out how Moneybags Mitch keeps getting re-elected because I can't find a single supporter in our area. My only theory is that he is able to buy more voting machine hacks than his opponents.

I agree with my late friend Gatewood:

"Newt (former House Speaker Gingrich) and Mitch (Senate Minority Leader McConnell) are aliens, not conservatives. They never met a bloated police state they didn't like." (from the same 2011 interview) Read more here: www.kentucky.com...=cpy

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ketsuko

Right, right ... but, here's the scenario the articles are focusing on: the RNC, and Congressional Republican leaders run ATTACK ADS on the Republican Presidential Candidate Trump in order to "distance" the Republicans up for election in the Senate from THEIR OWN CANDIDATE.

How does that not qualify as "THE END" of the party? Would Trump supporters not then rally against the national Republican Party?

That seems to be the focal point ... we're not talking about "most Americans" we're talking about a total "Middle Finger" from the Republican leadership to the Republican voter base ...

Trump is "fundamentally transforming" the politics of the country.

Especially the GOP.

It would be a YUUUUUUGE mistake to try and run ads like that, against their own nominee.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This proves by far the kind of toilet trash we truly have in the senate right now. Both sides of the isle are like the worst death row inmates. Hardened by their long term abuse of power and corruption, passing laws to help keep them untouchable, even bypassing insider trading rules and voting themselves raises just to point out the little tidbits. The rest of it is too ugly to imagine and more like a cesspool of evil spirits running America right now on both sides of the isle.

Conspiring to assist the opposing political party to defeat an outsider who will expose all the free lunches and all the things they are so afraid will be brought into the light for everyone to see? (This is what they fear).

This is truly history in the making. Mitch McConnell needs to be exorcised from office with the rest of the filth. I hope Trump wins just to see him take out the garbage, but he will need a very large fleet of garbage trucks to do it.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

We could see 3 or 4 national parties after this

My dream would be to just do away with "parties". I hate that someone must be aligned with anyone else just to get anywhere. Pretty much every party already has some good ideas in their platforms but no one from any other party wants to admit that. People should just be able to run on their own without having to kiss someone Else's ass

Absolutely! There should only be one "party" ... "We The People" ... however.

Transitions are necessary. I'll take 4 choices over 2 (or 1) any day.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

In my opinion ... Trump is Trump.

Aside from a bigger stage and a wider-ranging script, he's playing the same role he always has.

Trump's popularity is a sign of a deeper movement in America's collective soul or consciousness and that is "just say no."

Because if you actually LISTEN to Trump's ideas ... he's not really saying anything, i.e. there's little to no actual policy there.

As several have pointed out it's not that people like Trump ... is that we hate "business as usual."

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: KingKelson

You're making perfect sense, and It doesn't take a political genius to say what Limbaugh is repeating ... it's way too easy to see Trump as nothing more than an elaborate ploy to put Clinton in the WH.

However, I tend to agree with (or hope, a word which I trust far less these days) that Trump is a symptom of a dying system.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

LOL ... hardly, I've not seen a thread where you commented yet that wasn't better for your presence.

I see things a bit differently ... to me, Trump is a symptom, not the cause.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This does not signal the end of the Republican Party by any stretch. However, it does mean the dinosaurs who comprise the higher eschelon of the GOP days are numbered.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
This does not signal the end of the Republican Party by any stretch. However, it does mean the dinosaurs who comprise the higher eschelon of the GOP days are numbered.

I guess we'll see.

Polls have shown a decades-long trend of the slow decline of both parties ... with the rising "Independent" identification now describing nearly half of the electorate.

Despite all the hype on right-wing media, self-identified Republicans are less than 25% of the voters.

We've seen the results of a near 50/50 split between the two parties ... I'm more excited than ever to see what happens with a 42/36/24 split.

The People might actually get some business done, for a change.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
getting behind Hillary is the shameful thing to do not the intelligent thing to do.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 Check out how many republicans are voting compared to democrats. The democrat voter turn out is SUPER LOW, Hilary will NEVER beat Trump in anything but a poll comprised of 100 people.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Last time I checked the dems could barely field 3 people for the debates.

What? Obviously the Dems were satisfied with who they had and didn't feel the need to flounder all over the place trying to find somebody decent enough to run, which obviously was never accomplished. Even with 15 candidates scrambling around trying to find a place to fit in, the Republicans have still done a piss-poor job of finding a decent candidate, so they've got a showman, and a nut who wants to force his religious values on everybody.

Flounder on, flounder on. Hillary is far better than anything they've got.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join