It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews and gentiles, the fallacy of "the chosen ones"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Are you saying that the 6 day war and land grab was justified? Last time I checked that is called an invasion/occupation. Jews and Palestinians had been living in Palestine side by side peacefully until the Euro-Jews invaded and now the darker skinned Jews who already lived there are treated as second class as are Ethiopian Jews seeking refuge under the law of return. But your pseudo-history was interesting.

I bet the Jews in the 6 day wars ancestors are happy people like you are on there nizzies supporting every war crime they commit that doesn't get reported on US news.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caligula
a reply to: intrptr

That's called the Hegelian dialectic (create problem that demands the change you want see: patriot act).

Never heard that before, thanks for any links.

Btw, welcome to ATS (like your pov).

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Thanks. Thesis + antithesis= synthesis is the Hegelian dialectic. You can Google it, I don't know how to do links, I just joined.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Thanks. Thesis + antithesis= synthesis is the Hegelian dialectic. You can Google it, I don't know how to do links, I just joined.

Thats okay, i do.

This is what comes up…

In the Wiki under the search results…

Popper unleashed a famous attack on Hegelian dialectics, in which he held that Hegel's thought (unjustly, in the view of some philosophers, such as Walter Kaufmann,[72]) was to some degree responsible for facilitating the rise of fascism in Europe by encouraging and justifying irrationalism. In section 17 of his 1961 "addenda" to The Open Society, entitled "Facts, Standards and Truth: A Further Criticism of Relativism," Popper refused to moderate his criticism of the Hegelian dialectic, arguing that it "played a major role in the downfall of the liberal movement in Germany,... by contributing to historicism and to an identification of might and right, encouraged totalitarian modes of thought. . . . [and] undermined and eventually lowered the traditional standards of intellectual responsibility and honesty".

Criticisms

To add links, click on the 'box with arrow' in the posting field, add a descriptor and paste the URL in the succeeding wind… have a better one.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thanks. Things are great, but they can and will get better. Maybe just because you said that, you never know. Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Thanks. Things are great, but they can and will get better. Maybe just because you said that, you never know. Thanks again!

They are going to get a whole lot worse for a while before getting any better. Usually, a rabid empire has to be put down for that to happen…

And Thank you for the incentive to look up Hegelian dialectic. Been a long time since I read up on that stuff. I enjoyed the intelligent reference you made. You feel free in the future to put into terms for me what I am trying to say.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ok. Have a good day.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Caligula

Are you saying that the 6 day war and land grab was justified? Last time I checked that is called an invasion/occupation. Jews and Palestinians had been living in Palestine side by side peacefully until the Euro-Jews invaded and now the darker skinned Jews who already lived there are treated as second class as are Ethiopian Jews seeking refuge under the law of return. But your pseudo-history was interesting. I bet the Jews in the 6 day wars ancestors are happy people like you are on there nizzies supporting every war crime they commit that doesn't get reported on US news.

So you responded to my post, with this stuff?

cool

Didn't know I supported war crimes and wrote pseudo history.
Do enlighten me with specifics.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

As a wise man once said, "If you choose, you are chosen." Anyone of any prior religious persuasion can choose to worship only the LORD God, and thus become one of the Elect Saints of God.

As with any fraternity there are 'membership' rules and by following the rules of this particular group, you then become an Israelite; but this does not make you a Jew.

Jews are born Jews but the Israelites are compared to a 'commonwealth' and come from all kinds of previous religious affiliations. Caiaphas, who was High Priest at the time of the crucifixion, prophesied that the Messiah died for that nation, but also for the children of God, to bring them together and unite them making them one - which is also backed up by an OT verse about God uniting the sticks of Judah and of Joseph [aka Israel] and his companions.

Note well - the whole thrust and context of the Bible is to the children of Israel, which comprises of natural Jews and Israelites, as well as naturalised Israelites. Even the Son, said 'I was not sent, except to the lost sheep of the House of Israel' and he also spoke of those he was shepherding, as being from other sheep-holds.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Maigret

You don't become an Israelite by accepting the Jesus myth, sorry.

And non Semitic Jews are the majority now.

No such thing as God's chosen people. They were actually an inheritance from The Most High(EL Elyon) and appointed as their tribal God, Yahweh.

But nobody bothers with the truth so what is the point?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Megacore
a reply to: Maigret

and appointed as their tribal God, Yahweh.

But nobody bothers with the truth so what is the point?

The Holy Land is in Western Arabia together with the House of God and the Holy Mountain

daviddarmon.blogspot.co.uk...

Yah (Ex. 15:2) or Yahweh was originally a volcano god, a god of thunder, lightning, and earthquakes who often manifested himself in fire (viz. the burning bush). He is generally thought to have been an amalgam of a number of Mediterranean gods and goddesses, beginning with the original Yahuwah (a mountain goddess) and including El, Yayash, Yaë, Shaddai, Enlil, Seth, Anu, Marduk, Yahu, Ea, and even En-ki. His consort — worshipped in the Fertile Crescent for centuries before Yah/Yahweh came along — was Asherah.

www.extremelysmart.com...

Everyone's a heretic if you think about it

Picti/hebrew

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Yahweh=Baal

El anything is still El, the Canaanite deity.

Yahweh came way after El and was originally believed to be a Son of El then monotheism set in and now they say they are the same but it is a lie.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Megacore

Yahweh came way after El and was originally believed to be a Son of El then monotheism set in and now they say they are the same but it is a lie.

Exodus 15 as presented in the KJV mentions the tetragrammaton for the first time:

Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: The Lord (יהוה) God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.

So El is yhvh since Abraham at the latest, and not the son of anyone

El anything is still El, the Canaanite deity.

El isn't "the Canaanite deity", Adam refers to god as El twelve generations before the original Canaan who would also in principle worship El despite being cursed by his grandfather Noah.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I don't care about your opinion, El was a Canaanite deity long before the Jews dreamed up Yahweh.

There is no way you are going to convince me that Yahweh and El are/were the same. I have looked into it and done my research and the evidence is what it is.

You believe whatever you want, I am happiest with the truth. How hard is it to edit a book to make the ancient Israelites monotheistic? Not hard at all.

But if you open your eyes and read a properly translated Bible, Deuteronomy clearly presents Yahweh as El's Son. This is not even worth discussing, I already know that the ancient Israelites were not monotheistic.

Should I lie to myself to make you happy?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
And who was in Eden to verify what Adam called God? Nobody. Mesopotamia has like 4 versions of the creation, none Jewish. They adapted a prexisting legend and didn't create one.

EL absolutely is the Canaanite deity, where do you think Israel is? Canaan was the home of Jacob and family before going to Egypt. So yes, it is the same EL.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

My bible actually uses the word Yahweh and it is in Genesis BEFORE Moses even before the flood. That is proof of editing dishonesty because obviously Yahweh was inserted into Genesis at a later date or Genesis was written in 700bc when Yahweh emerges in the archeological records.

You can't have it both ways. El predates Yahweh by at least 1000 years. El is preserved in cuneiform tablets from ancient Ugarit where as Yahweh is not.

You just don't get it.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

And seriously, Moses didn't exist. He is a myth, the Jews weren't ever slaves in Egypt, Joshua didn't conquer Canaan and David and Solomon are both mythical stories, most of the things in the Bible never happened in real life.

Seriously, you love Yahweh that much you will go along with a false version of history? Why? But by all means, believe myth as facts. So intelligent of you.

Do you hate reality and live in a fantasy land? Can you not comprehend that the bible is allegory and myth, not literal history?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

If you think the bible is either nonsense or a lie, why read and discuss it so much?

If you don't, cease twisting it.

If you think you know what it really means because it's an "allegory", thanks for sharing, and in that case, I'll have you know that dividing god is the most wrong course of action one can take in this journey.

Canaan and surrounding nations follow the Noahic tradition and thus name god El at that time.
The tetragrammaton being revealed to Moses, it is evident that only nations following the Mosaic tradition will call god that, as today only followers of the 𐍅𐌿𐌻𐍆𐌹𐌻𐌰 tradition call god "god" and write it so following Tindale, although he did botch the pentateuch translation.

It's still the same god.
Seeing this will considerably ameliorate your character.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Please dude, your the only one who is twisting the truth, or advocating and endorsing lies.

I like to read, unlike you I am smart. I figure stuff out while morons like you believe every lie the editors of the Bible insert.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Look kid, I know Brawndo has electrolytes, but "I'm smart and you're not" isn't a legit discussion tool.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join