It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbits in our solar system proof of divine scientific interference?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: TerryDon79
If you find anything wrong in my numbers, then say so, and show me how much more accurate your own measures are.

For the third or fourth time now, there is nothing wrong with your calculations.

No one is arguing you didn't calculate it correctly.

What is wrong is your assumption that your conclusions have any sort of significance, meaning, purpose or otherwise and that they potentially lead to a intelligent designer.

This conclusion is ridiculous, and we have all explained why. You simply seem to totally lack the understanding of our posts, or you ignore them all together.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Ok. So there's Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars in the inner solar system.

No, Mars is one of the outer planets. One would think people discussing planetary orbits would at least know what the Solar system looked like, don't you think?

I speak about all the planets visible to the naked eye. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. While Mercury and Saturn can be hard to spot, the others are easily visible to the naked eye.

Just. Frikkin. Wow.

You should really read this

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Or just makes up his own theory of what planets are in our inner solar system.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

If you find anything wrong in my numbers, then say so, and show me how much more accurate your own measures are.

For the third or fourth time now, there is nothing wrong with your calculations.

Then I suggest that you look back at what you and others have been messing about with over two pages now. You may have forget how you argued the following:

You've simply concluded that the only logical answer to the numbers that you have purposely adjusted in order for fit your concept isn't coincidence

Nevermind. You just turn your sail the other way no matter which way the wind blows....

What is wrong is your assumption that your conclusions have any sort of significance, meaning, purpose or otherwise and that they potentially lead to a intelligent designer.

This conclusion is ridiculous, and we have all explained why. You simply seem to totally lack the understanding of our posts, or you ignore them all together.

I didn't say that. You said that. I asked a question in a forum dedicated to religion and mystery, I am an atheist you schmock. I don't believe anything much unless I see some evidence. You are whining about Buddha and aliens and what not, have you even read my replies to you?

edit on 25-2-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: fixed quote

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Well, I am talking about the two planets that orbit between Earth and Sol. Inner, eh? They have quite different dynamics than Mars and the others orbiting beyond Earth's orbit. Any way you put it you don't have a case. Like I said earlier here, you guys have issues with Kepler and Newton, Copernicus and Tycho friggin Brahe.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The patterns you have shown may not prove conclusively that God created the solar system...

However the patterns are a clear indication of order and design,so nobody can say what you have revealed is evidence against God being responsible...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well, I am talking about the two planets that orbit between Earth and Sol. Inner, eh? They have quite different dynamics than Mars and the others orbiting beyond Earth's orbit.
Define these "quite different dynamics".

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well, I am talking about the two planets that orbit between Earth and Sol. Inner, eh? They have quite different dynamics than Mars and the others orbiting beyond Earth's orbit. Any way you put it you don't have a case. Like I said earlier here, you guys have issues with Kepler and Newton and Tycho friggin Brahe.

So which is it? Is it about the 2 planets between us and the Sun or is it about

I speak about all the planets visible to the naked eye. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
The patterns you have shown may not prove conclusively that God created the solar system...

However the patterns are a clear indication of order and design
They are a clear indicator of the tendency of complex systems to self-organize, in this case, the interactions of massive bodies in space. This is a property of physics, not a property of divinity.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

For instance, Mars cannot pass between Earth and Sol, which the inner planets do from time to time. Also the retrograde motions are mirrored with the inner vs. outer planets, there are other things as well, like how the inner planets (Venus and Mercury) have shorter years than Earth, while Mars, Jupiter and Saturn etc. all have longer, often far longer years.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

For instance, Mars cannot pass between Earth and Sol, which the inner planets do from time to time. Also the retrograde motions are mirrored with the inner vs. outer planets, there are other things as well.

Inner planets = Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars (in order from the Sun)

Outer planets = Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

For instance, Mars cannot pass between Earth and Sol, which the inner planets do from time to time. Also the retrograde motions are mirrored with the inner vs. outer planets, there are other things as well.
Retrograde motion is not an astrophysical phenomenon, it is a matter of physical perspective.

What difference does it make whether Mercury and Venus are closer to the Sun than us? Why is the Earth so special? The planets further from the Sun than the Earth display no difference in planetary motion. Keplerian motion is the same no matter how far apart objects are.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Except you and a couple of other guys here, or did you forget you wrote in your initial post in this thread that I adjusted the numbers to fit some sort of religious agenda:

[...]simply concluded that the only logical answer to the numbers that you have purposely adjusted in order for fit your concept isn't coincidence

Not only do you accuse me of being religious, which I am not, you are deliberately spewing svada and spitting loose claims to criticise me and give me discredit since you are biased and assumed I was religious. What difference would it make if I were a Christian? Would that somehow make the planetary orbits behave differently?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I still fail to see the relevancy. Inner or outer planets, it doesn't matter. We are on Earth now. The inner planets relative to us are Mercury and Venus, they have the approximate Pi and Phi coded into their synodic cycles. Mars and the others are orbiting further out, I merely say that I call those planets the outer planets, not in the Solar system, but relevant to Earth's orbit. Goddamnit! It doesn't affect any of the numbers at all so what are you guys whining about?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I still fain to see the relevancy. Inner or outer planets, it doesn't matter. We are on Earth now. The inner planets relative to us are Mercury and Venus. Mars and the others are orbiting further out. It doesn't affect any of the numbers at all.

So show us your numbers that show all of the planets using both of your equations and the %. No using any other equation. Just the 2 you've already used. And use both on each planet so we can all see the discrepancies.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I did that. In the OP. All the numbers are there, I don't want to do it all again just to feed a lousy troll like yourself. Numbers in the OP are more than accurate enough.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I did that. In the OP. All the numbers are there, I don't want to do it all again just to feed a lousy troll like yourself. Numbers in the OP are more than accurate enough.

I only see 2 different equations you used for 2 separate planets. You need to brush up on your reading skills. I'll quote what I said and bold it so you can read it again.

So show us your numbers that show all of the planets using both of your equations and the %. No using any other equation. Just the 2 you've already used. And use both on each planet so we can all see the discrepancies.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Except you and a couple of other guys here, or did you forget you wrote in your initial post in this thread that I adjusted the numbers to fit some sort of religious agenda

You DID adjust your numbers. How is saying "Exactly 1000" the same as saying 999.641?

That has nothing to do with your math at all. It's just that your being exceptionally deceitful.

originally posted by: snchrnct
Not only do you accuse me of being religious, which I am not

I stated so in my first post and immediately withdrew the accusation once you stated you weren't. I've acknowledged that you aren't several times since my first post. Why do you keep bringing it up?

It doesn't matter if you are religious or not, your logic is inherently flawed, and logic that is flawed spans across all belief systems, or lack there of.

, you are deliberately spewing svada and spitting loose claims to criticise me and give me discredit since you are biased and assumed I was religious.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IF YOU ARE RELIGIOUS OR NOT!!!!

Your logic makes no sense. My 'loose claims' are perfectly valid and most other members here have also picked up on your ridiculous, nonsensical logic, and you continue to ignore everyone's criticism about your flawed logic.

What difference would it make if I were a Christian?

NOTHING AT ALL!!!!

No one gives a damn if you're christian or not!

edit on 25/2/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Heh
Is that a fact?
where did these complex systems gain the intelligence or abitty to self organize? It matters not the process...
it is the fact that what is rendered through the process...
Which is a clear pattern and order...

The shapes viewed from the proper perspective are rather remarkable indeed...
3 5 7 11 prime numbers... no order there at all huh?

edit on 25-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Heh
Is that a fact?
where did these complex systems gain the intelligence or abitty to self organize? It matters not the process...
it is the fact that what is rendered through the process...
Which is a clear pattern and order...

Why does pattern and order require intelligence?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join