It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Park County sheriff’s deputy killed, two other deputies shot in Bailey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

originally posted by: unicornholiday
a reply to: spirit_horse

What do you call a mother and daughter shot at 107 times (miraculously living) and 8 cops allowed to walk because they were deemed too incompetent and scared to perform their jobs yet not fired?

What do you call an officer suing for backpay and disability because he claims his abuse of civilians left him traumatized?

Yeah, they're all great people. Upstanding members.

You need to get a grip on reality. There are abuses regardless of what group of people you pull out of the hat. However, that by far has nothing to do with the majority as Shamrock6 tried to point out to you. Most of our LEO's regardless of agency are good people that don't abuse their power or make outrageous claims. I started a thread about the mother and daughter (figure you know that since you used it as an example) and it was the DA that made that decision, not the investigators. Lawyers are some slimy creatures indeed imo.

I never said they are all great outstanding people either. I used to work deep cover on a special task force targeting crime in agencies on the federal level. It happens and you can't run a large organization of any kind without pulling in bad apples. However, you can't judge the majority or the entire group about the few. You sound like one that would genocide all Muslims because a number of nuts manage to cause all sorts of murder and mayhem. I suppose you would argue we should get rid of all the rest of the Muslims or just kill a bunch of innocent ones to make up the numbers for the minority?

You can't post complete bunk on ATS and not expect to be called out about it. Don't take it too personally as it is your statements that are of issue, not you personally.

I don't take it personally.
Just as I don't have anything personal against you.
The majority in my belief are criminals with badges and act with impunity.
We see daily how they are handed out paid vacations.

(unrelated I hope you put many of them in prison and jail for very long periods of time.)

That being said now - Shamrock is constantly posting in the defense of these criminals with badges...
I've seen his posts before and his boot licking mentality disgusts me.
Think he's a swell guy though.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

a reply to: spirit_horse

I understand it's not the popular opinion.
If you want to see some truly dumb posts,
go read what some of these boot lickers
say in the defense of murdering gestapo
soldiers when they're caught in the act.

"The officer that morning had learned his mother had cancer
so I understand why he shot the guy for running."

GTFO
while you have just advocated or rationalized killing an unrelated person for the putative crimes of another.

I'm going out on a limb here...but I don't think you read that post correctly.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Apparently this was the ending to a lengthy foreclosure process, that Wirth had stated was an illegal foreclosure. Near as I can tell, the process started in 2013 or 2014.

Wirth is identified as having run for state senate as a Green Party candidate, and was a member of occupy Denver. He also fancied himself a "high value target" for law enforcement.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: unicornholiday

You should really check my post history. I have zero problem saying when I believe an officer has crossed the line and committed an indefensible act. Don't mistake my knowledge of the law and use of force for boot licking, though I know that's easiest for the dim ones. If you're going to reference my post history, you should probably be able to reference the entirety of it, and not just cherry pick what you think supports your claim.

Blanket statements are mentally lazy.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't take it personally.
Just as I don't have anything personal against you.
The majority in my belief are criminals with badges and act with impunity.
We see daily how they are handed out paid vacations.

(unrelated I hope you put many of them in prison and jail for very long periods of time.)

That being said now - Shamrock is constantly posting in the defense of these criminals with badges...
I've seen his posts before and his boot licking mentality disgusts me.
Think he's a swell guy though.

I would say that it is the bad ones that get all the press and may make it appear so to people, but they are the minority believe it or not. Shamrock is very aware that the MSM and people make all kinds of accusations about LEO's and we often find out the story was absolutely wrong on the facts of the case. It is easy to be skeptical when you see the MSM and internet all make all sorts of statements and when the truth of the matter rolls out there is a deafening silence. Most of the time from what I have seen Shamrock is not defending, but arguing to wait and see what the facts of the investigation prove. I have seen all kinds of things claimed in the media that absolutely has no basis in fact. It is easy to feel attacked all the time when your opinion is not some popular opinion rolling around the public. It could be said that people like you always defend the criminals that lost the plot somewhere and decided to take out as many officers with their decision to end it or avoid prison as they can. See how easy it is to flip the script?

I have seen things that have never been mentioned in the media. Insane things the people would not believe. If you think for one minute I would have been doing what I did if I thought every other person in the agencies were all together being criminals, you are wrong. The majority were all supportive and very aggressive toward those that were actually being criminal. In real investigations you often find out what you thought was accurate in the beginning turned out to be totally wrong and takes you in directions never anticipated. However, the media and the public will often jump all over the initial story and then move on or forget about it when it doesn't fit their narrative any longer. That is frustrating. There are bad individuals and groups that get sucked in for a lot of reasons, usually the money, but not always.

In this case, the bodies are still warm and nobody knows the facts, the history of these officers, etc. yet you make some seriously disparaging comments about them and all law enforcement. I doubt they went to evict someone and opened fire on them. I doubt it with conviction. However, it would not surprise me that someone at the end of their ropes has a mental break and decides to fight it out like he was making the last stand at Figi. That wouldn't surprise me at all with some of these folks. However, I will wait on the facts about the story before judging what happened regardless of my inclination.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You should really check my post history. I have zero problem saying when I believe an officer has crossed the line and committed an indefensible act. Don't mistake my knowledge of the law and use of force for boot licking, though I know that's easiest for the dim ones. If you're going to reference my post history, you should probably be able to reference the entirety of it, and not just cherry pick what you think supports your claim.

Blanket statements are mentally lazy.

No offense skeletor but you're not that important for me to now backtrack your history..
I know the comments you've made because I have read them...Those times you say a cop has crossed the line you always come back up with a defense of the situation. You see I too have knowledge of officers and government agents from working with them to develop things for them. Here's a blanket you can wrap yourself in with tonight...Most cops are criminals with badges.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Apparently this was the ending to a lengthy foreclosure process, that Wirth had stated was an illegal foreclosure. Near as I can tell, the process started in 2013 or 2014.

Wirth is identified as having run for state senate as a Green Party candidate, and was a member of occupy Denver. He also fancied himself a "high value target" for law enforcement.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

That story pretty much confirms my suspicions.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

This is arguably one of the dumbest posts I have seen on ATS.

Let me guess, you are one of the criminals supported by various posters here because it's never a criminals fault.

(post by unicornholiday removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Allow me to rephrase in a less out of bounds manner.

Knowing a cop or two doesn't make you a legal scholar, nor does it make you a use of force expert.

Your blanket statement that I "always" rationalize a killing even when finding fault with it is both illogical and, unsurprisingly, false. The DuBose killing would be a good example of how its not "always."

Keep your blankey, guy. I'm good.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

OK, now.....Back on Topic!!!!

Quit the bickering....Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
dude stopped paying his mortgage.
dude got foreclosed on.
cops show up to evict him.
dude shoots cops.
cops shoot back.
2 dead 2 injured.

this is a story of a guy who thought he was right. he did not go out looking for a fight. the cops were just enforcing the law. he was on the wrong side of the law but he thought the law was wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

So should you be punished for the possible crimes of someone "like you"? Or are you an individual? Whatever other cops may have done, these three had nothing to do with it and shouldn't be condemned for crimes they did not commit. A very terrible and ignorant thing to say. I truly hope this does not happen to you one day, despite the fact that you are so cold to these fellow humans of ours.

I wish them well.

I can see where the shooter thought he was right, I think people are tired of owing everything to those above them (though personal choice gets a person into that position). I don't think his actions were right in any way shape or form, but I do think we live in a period where it is impossible to just have a small space to call your own and mind your own business. I don't know if that was his goal, but I know it is mine, and it is impossible. Though this has nothing to do with shooting another human which is always wrong

In short, I agree with the poster above me.

edit on 25-2-2016 by JustAnObservation because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2016 by JustAnObservation because: Posted too soon

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join