It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* SEVERE WEATHER ALERT * - Dangerous Situation Unfolding in the South - Feb. 23, 2016

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Things are very serious at the moment.

Storm chaser, Brett Adair and his team, just rescued some kids from a leveled home.

Severe damage and roads are pretty much impassable.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Building damage after tornado reported in Pensacola, Fla., near Interstate 10

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Take it serious, expecting extreme weather, I feel for the kiddos who will be home alone...
a reply to: antar
You betcha! If the trailer's a rockin' don't bother knockin' cuz I ain't gonna be here!!!!
Plan A is to stay weather aware
Plan B is to go hang out in the local library for the day - great time to catch up on my genealogy stuff
Plan C is to hi-tail it to the corner store
Plan Oh-Shyt is to grab the dog and get in the ditch out back

Gots to always have a plan!

If it were my kids -- it would not be a Home Alone movie re-run. More like Mom's day off! Fortunately the only kids I have to worry about are 2 cats and a dog

And prayers never hurt
Thx!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just wanted to show this screen cap of all the tornadoes today -24 reports of tornadoes - before it rolls over to midnite and starts a new count. Source: Stormsite

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: iunlimited491
I think your pic is this:

MOORINGS APTS...PEOPLE TRAPPED RESCUES UNDERWAY... GAS LEAKS... CARS OVERTURNED... TREES DAMAGED
from the stormsite I linked above.

P'cola got hit pretty good --looks like it might have been a SW to NE training storm from P'cola to Crestview, now headed towards Dothan, AL if you follow the storm reports.

#flwx is pretty good to keep up w/what's happening. I used to live in the area back in the day.

Saw this on TWC --tailights at a complete stop going nowhere--(that would be the absolute scariest!!! in the dark no less) something about a big rig being blown over on the I10 bridge??? Cannot confirm yet, got to do more digging

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

something about a big rig being blown over on the I10 bridge??? Cannot confirm yet, got to do more digging

I thought I had heard that right! Source:P'cola News Journal Time is CST (I'm EST)

Gawd what a mess. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Holy Cripes!! Looks like Panama City's fixin to get whacked -- this is setting up just like P'cola's storm did - coming off the water on shore
NWS Tornado Twitter

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SCGrits
Aw man, that storm is making a bee line right over where I used to live!!! Aw man!!

No debris signature seen on radar in Bay County right now, which is good. Debris signature usually = tornado on the ground.

Potential Tornado Over Lynn Haven Moving NE At 50 MPH. Flying Debris will Be Dangerous to Those Caught With...

#flwx

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi
Hey Tallahasse, you might want to keep an eye on this:

#flwx
They seem to have begun to train in off the Gulf. Stay safe.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ok, my husband and I just got the phone alert, a cell with three areas of rotation close to our area, the winds are 70 miles per hour, we just woke up and ran downstairs, we still have electricity but no tv,

Is no way we can go back to sleep until this storm is over.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Ahhhh damn... stay safe! 🙏

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thanks, right now is another larger cell heading our way in about 15 minutes, they are encouraging us to find a safe area in the house, right now we don't know if is any tornado damage yet, as we have not tv, but I still have internet and electricity and the phone alerts.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Go! This storm is stretching as far as pittsburgh pa. Except I'm starting to see a wee bit of snow, and a slight drizzle mix. All of you here tonight are getting hammered. Keep those devices charged. Especially the radio if one still exist.

More importantly to you and others is... be safe. 👍
edit on 24-2-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The next cell is just getting over us, wind starting to take off again, still no news of any tornado damage.

all we can do is wait, hard to see anything when is dark outside. The thunderstorms and wind are very scary right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Yikes. Thunder I can handle. It's the winds that get under my skin. This storm looks like it's headed in 2. Across the south and North east. Except hereally we're just getting snow for the next 3 days.

But it picked up a lot of humidity when it started in liousiana. Wasn't expecting that.
Call off work, bust out candles and a deck of cards down there. Even with high winds, it looks from here that your brunt of the storm is taking its sweet time.

☔⛅🌞 Soon. ☺

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Jesus Murphy that thangs crankin!! 70mph winds and that's w/o the tornado warning!
@Carrabelle-just East of Apalachicola on the Gulf.
#flwx

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Local time 3 am Tallahassee FL

We have a squall line over us currently. Should be passed us in an hour I think. Could still cause some problems but so far heavy rain and lightning, not too bad. Radar shows it seems to still be pulling moisture and strength from the Gulf, so we aren't outta the woods yet. I'm sure we'll see plenty reports of flooding when the news cycle starts.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Just checking in on you to see how you're doing...Everything and everyone okay there?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
Local time 3 am Tallahassee FL

We have a squall line over us currently. Should be passed us in an hour I think. Could still cause some problems but so far heavy rain and lightning, not too bad. Radar shows it seems to still be pulling moisture and strength from the Gulf, so we aren't outta the woods yet. I'm sure we'll see plenty reports of flooding when the news cycle starts.

Khaleesi-

How is it over by you now? You doing okay?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Yes, I am fine thanks everybody for your concerns, after the second cell things calm down and we went back to sleep about 4 in the morning, a cell was spotted on the military base where my husband works and as this morning it was not electricity in the base, no tornados but damaging wind, I mean I have a two floor house and it was not way you could stay in the second floor with all the wind, it felt like it was going to take off.

Is still windy but the sun is shining outside is 66 degrees but is expected to go down to the 30s and 40s tonight and for the rest of the week.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join