It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* SEVERE WEATHER ALERT * - Dangerous Situation Unfolding in the South - Feb. 23, 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ok reported tornados now, two of them one in New Orleans and the other in Baton rouge.
edit on 23-2-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Thanks, tomorrow the storms will be heading you way in the morning after if passes us here in GA, depending how bad it goes around here you can pretty much prepared for what is heading your area.

Good luck to you too.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Baton rouge tornado left no casualties the other one is no been talk about it, MS have one casualty due to damaging winds.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They issued a PDS alert for Alabama, something they rarely do. It's for large, intense and long-track tornadoes. Yikes, that sounds ominous.

Be safe!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Checking in from Mobile, AL. Guess I'll be playing home insurance roulette tonight!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo

I know exactly what you mean, I am in need of a new roof, so I don't want a tornado, but darn if I can get a couple of roof tiles off I can get that roof I need for free.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm posting the TVN link again,
for those who want to watch these storms live...

I get stuck there sometimes lol

The chat provides good updates.
Reports of more tornadoes and extensive damage continue...

tvnweather.com...
edit on 23-2-2016 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Report from Glen Burns said most of the severe weather will be South and Southwest of the Atl metro area early Wednesday morning.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

I'm right on the path, here in southern GA. the last time a tornado hit my area close enough to take some of the roof tiles away was back in 94 when the flooding was soo bad that coffins were floating down the road.

I was in CA at that time

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Assumption Parish was the other place with a tornado, they have a lot of damage.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What's funny we will get snow Wednesday night here in the North Ga mountains. I remember when that happened it was sad for so many stay safe Marge

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Car tossed into field in Lamar County, Miss., during possible tornado

twitter.com...

Convent, La., trailer court severely damaged in possible tornado

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Is typical of el nino year.

Well the news have changed for my area, the bad weather is to arrive here by 8 in the morning now, my husband is to stay at home from work until the weather gets better.

No schools in the morning.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
First tornado warning of the night in Mobile County.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Those living in the Pensacola, Fl area take shelter. There is a large tornadic cell coming ashore that the National Weather Service says is a large and dangerous tornado!
edit on 23-2-2016 by texasgirl because: Spelling

edit on 23-2-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Tornado Warning

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 815 PM CST FOR
SOUTHEASTERN BALDWIN AND SOUTH CENTRAL ESCAMBIA COUNTIES...

AT 743 PM CST...A LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO WAS LOCATED
NEAR PERDIDO BEACH...OR NEAR ORANGE BEACH...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 40 MPH.
THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION.
HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.
SOURCIS POSSIBLE.
THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...
JOHNSONS BEACH AROUND 750 PM CST.
LILLIAN AROUND 755 PM CST.
MYRTLE GROVE AND WARRINGTON AROUND 805 PM CST.
WESTARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 815 PM CST FOR
SOUTHEASTERN BALDWIN AND SOUTH CENTRAL ESCAMBIA COUNTIES... PENSACOLA AND BELLVIEW AROUND 810 PM CST.
BRENT...GOULDING...PENSACOLA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT...FERRY PASS AND
ENSLEY AROUND 815 PM CST.
TORNADO...RADAR IN
...A TORNADO WE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.
IMPACT...YOU ARE IN A LIFE THREATENING SITUATION. FLYING DEBRIS MAY
BE DEADLY TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES
WILL BE DESTROYED. CONSIDERABLE DAMAGE TO HOMES...
BUSINESSES...AND VEHICLES IS LIKELY AND COMPLETE DESTRUCTION

AT 743 PM CST...A LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO WAS LOCATED
NEAR PERDIDO BEACH...OR NEAR ORANGE BEACH...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 40 MPH.
THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION.
HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.
SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.
IMPACT...YOU ARE IN A LIFE THREATENING SITUATION. FLYING DEBRIS MAY
BE DEADLY TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES
WILL BE DESTROYED. CONSIDERABLE DAMAGE TO HOMES...
BUSINESSES...AND VEHICLES IS LIKELY AND COMPLETE DESTRUCTION
IS POSSIBLE.
THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...
JOHNSONS BEACH AROUND 750 PM CST.
LILLIAN AROUND 755 PM CST.
MYRTLE GROVE AND WARRINGTON AROUND 805 PM CST.
WEST PENSACOLA AND BELLVIEW AROUND 810 PM CST.
BRENT...GOULDING...PENSACOLA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT...FERRY PASS AND
ENSLEY AROUND 815 PM CST.
TORNADO...RADAR INDICATED
TORNADO DAMAGE THREAT...CONSIDERABLE
HAIL...1.00IN

alerts.weather.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok WOW! Now you gots my attention!

From SC:

Horry Co Schools (inc Myrtle Bch);

In an abundance of caution, Horry County Schools will be closed on Wednesday, February 24 in anticipation of severe inclement weather with high wind advisories with gusts extending from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. All after-school activities and events are cancelled for Wednesday. The closure applies to all students and employees.
Source:school district facebook pg
WMBF news

Georgetown Co. Schools; = closed Tomorrow

*** No School In Georgetown County School District for Wednesday, February 24 *** Due to the severe weather threat issued by the National Weather Service of sustained high winds and damaging gusts, potential tornados and large hail on Wednesday, February 24, Georgetown County School District will be closed for students and all employees. All after-school activities are cancelled or postponed.
Source: Georgetown School District Facebook pg

Florence Co Schools , District 2 (Pamplico btwn Florence and Conway) early release at 11:30am

Due to the anticipated inclement weather, Florence County School District Two will operate on a half day schedule on Wednesday, February 24, 2016, with schools dismissing at 11:30 a.m. All after-school activities are cancelled for Wednesday.
Source: website school
WMBF news feed twitter

When I first saw this coming over the #SCWX twitter feed I thought it was some kid's idea of a prank, so I chased the link down and it was a legit news feed; I even sourced out the district's facebook pages. I don't think I have ever seen where they've closed schools before a storm other than winter or hurricanes! Somebody correct me if I'm wrong! Pls!

I've now gone from defcon 5 (ok expect some wind) to defcon 3 yeller alert; bugout bag ready; plans A,b,c, and oh Shyt at the ready! (cuz I live in a trailer surrounded by lotsa trees - ya -%$#@ - hoo, we're having fun now ain't we!)

Stay safe ya'll! see ya on the flip side.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
In Tallahassee, Fl seems calm at the moment but expecting to hit soon. Schools have already announced closing for tomorrow. Not looking forward to sitting through this tonight. I'm in the middle of nowhere down a dirt path. Lots of trees. I hope we can get out tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Update:

The meteorologist in charge for the National Weather Service’s southeast Louisiana office says at least seven tornadoes have hit southeast Louisiana and southwest Mississippi.

Ken Graham says that number includes the one that slammed into a trailer park in Convent, Louisiana, Tuesday and one that killed a person near Purvis, Mississippi.

Graham said teams will be sent out in the morning to document the damage and rate the tornadoes.

Severe weather has been moving through southern Louisiana and Mississippi. At least three people have been killed — two in Louisiana and one in Mississippi.
wtop.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SCGrits

Take it serious, expecting extreme weather, I feel for the kiddos who will be home alone... also those who live in Trailers/ Be safe, I cant do much but pray for you guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join