It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gospel of Truth: quotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is from the Gospel of Truth, a Christian text from before Roman Catholic persecution. Codex I #3 Attridge and McRae translation. Nag Hammadi texts

As in the case of a person of whom some are ignorant, so-for what did the totality have need of if not knowledge regarding the father? He became a guide, restful and leaderly. In schools he appeared, (and) he spoke the Word as a teacher. There came the men wise in their own estimation, putting him to the test. But he confounded them because they were foolish. They hated him because they were not really wise.

He draws himself down to death, though eternal life clothes him

He has brought back many from error

While his wisdom contemplates the Word, and his teaching utters it, his knowledge has revealed.

As in the case of the ignorant person, when he comes to have knowledge his ignorance vanishes of itself.

Those are my favorite, I read it this morning and recommend reading it.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

Silly me... I misread your title and thought this was about the book, "Gospel Light," by George Lamsa. But I'm not disappointed! (Well, maybe a little in myself for misreading it) It's been a long time since I read the Gospel of Truth, and I'm happy you brought it back to my attention. Thank you!

Since I mentioned it, you might also like "Gospel Light: An Indispensible Guide to the Teachings of Jesus and the Customs of His Time." The author is a Kurdish man who knows Aramaic, the language of Jesus and His time... and I believe is still used by Kurds today. He examines scriptures and explains their meaning in terms of the original language used. For example, the phrase "eye of the needle" refers to small slit openings in the walls of Jerusalem -- big enough for a person to fit through, but not a camel. Gives new meaning to Jesus' words that "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Thank you again for the quotes -- and the reminder!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is this the same gospel that the one guy claims to have copied from the Vatican libraries? If so, there is no original manuscript that is known to exist, only this man's copy of the supposed manuscript.

I have read it (if it's the same one you're speaking of) and I find it to be very close to my own understanding. It talks in length about the Earthly Mother which the official bible canon totally steers clear of, which is nice in my opinion. There is another side to the story that the bible fails to mention and that is the divine feminine.

Whether this is actually a manuscript found in the Vatican vaults is up for debate, but I find it to be a worthy read either way.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is from the Nag Hammadi Codices found in Egypt. There pretty famous and old. Pre Roman Catholicism old.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Your welcome and thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm thinking of the Gospel of Peace, my mistake. Too many gospels to keep up with.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm thinking of the Gospel of Peace, my mistake. Too many gospels to keep up with.

Gospel of peace, ill look that up. What I love about the Nag Hammadi texts is that they show Christianity in pre RCC times was diverse. People who disregard them are taking God's plan for granted like he owes them the bible, and every thing outside is nonsense.

top topics

join