It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Enlightenment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 5:23

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Ecclesiastes 12:7

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 5:23

Unfortunately, Saul is a false prophet. I am glad you read scripture, but the Paul of the NT is a Pharisee. I was warned about the Pharisees and so were you.

OnlyJesuswords, problemswithpaul and yahushuahvspaul are three websites you should check out asap.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Have had the chance to know a few self proclaimed "enlightened" teachers from various belief systems. It appears to be characterised by selfishness, ignorance, narcissism, coldness with a hefty portion of delusions of grandeur. Apart from that it seems all good though.

eta. another good indicator is that lots of money will usually (but not always) find it's way from unenlightened hopeful to enlightened sage. A wonderful concept for sure.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Why does it always have to be about the Bible? There where, and still are other beliefs before the Bible was even thought of.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Sounds like 1% of the people we know of.

edit on 22-2-2016 by childofapoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: childofapoet
Like the Brahmans and the Mazdayaznians? Hermes Trismegistus, the Zaddikim.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Take your pick.Its always enlighten to read what others think.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Spitama Zarathustra says fill your life with good thoughts, words and deeds.

The Divine Pymander teaches the tempter/adversary is necessary to mans spiritual progress and not to hate or blame him for your sins.

Christianity would do well to take note.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

well the people are fools for blindly believing such people.
They are almost as much at fault as the charlatans in my opinion. As they want an easy way to happiness or out of some troubles so they pay someone for an "easy fix". And charlatans enjoy to play games with fools ... : )

any one who wants material gain is ...
any one who claims enlightenment is ...
any one who claims of any achievement is ...
...still just living in imagination.

Why?

enlightenment means the realization that there is only one thing. the Self. Infinite and eternal.

Such people don't have use for any material gain,
are not claiming anything, a few saints even teached or are teaching in silence,
they realize there is nothing to achieve.

Inspect the true saints in the past and how they were living and teaching. You should notice the difference with ease. It is like day and night.

IMHO

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Absolutely, we should never shut ourselves off from different trains of thought or concepts and philosophies of others, it all enriches if correctly applied.

I don't really believe in the whole enlightenment thing because it tends to draw a line under it and our states are too fluid to do that, I tend to be wary of teachers who are rigid in their way. As I have read, time and time again, we should look inside ourselves for the answers............ I Did. I can sense something bigger than myself and yes it feels real, I also feel like worship is not needed.

The changes that happen to people tend help catalyse faith and sometimes this can cause a surrender and you end up doing the right thing or you grow and you do it. Either way the results IMO tend be what we categorize as Enlightenment. It also leads in many ways to the fear of death to recede. Once you can feel your spirit you know its not the end.....Don't get me wrong, I'd rather it was nice and painless in my sleep at the end of a long life. But I got curious, I think others do too.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I believe if you was to read all the ancient scriptures. You would quickly realise where the Bible got it all from.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: auraofblack I can sense something bigger than myself and yes it feels real, I also feel like worship is not needed.

Maybe not worship. But definitely a jolly good thank you.

Thank you.

Grateful.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I feel people in this thread are getting into infighting, but I think is no need attack others as we all have just different faiths and belief systems. If one starts one's talk always with kindly words even to enemy, and then says the opposing opinion, that's what I think is good way to come along with everyone, and pleasant to readers also.

Anyhow enlightment. I understand it that cosmic consciousness released some energy like etheric, which then solidified a bit into luminous, then luminous to airial, then airial to liquid then liquid to solid, from that the materials started to appear, then finally human being.

Whan human beings do meditation or otherwise become more spiritual, their need for physical existence is no more, they will die and give up their body, but the spirit will not die, but will merge back into cosmic consciousness. This I believe is englightment.

If the person in physical body is not ready for enlightment, but dies, then she needs to take a new body that's how reincarnation happens. I put still one link here which might help to understand a nature of spirituality; My Heavenly Experience; ______beforeitsnews/spirit/2016/02/my-heavenly-experience-2499540.html

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Depends on the definition of enlightenment.

I can testify to energetic body state where the body start to feel the energy flowing of energy that can bring bliss state but at times can be overwhelming since the energy can feel to much at times and overwhelm the nerves.

It seem to be natural to play around with low level laying of hands/Reiki (to calm other people down) and test low level telepathy/psychic and you probably will become aware of synchronicity.

This state do not automatically make you love everyone since I am very annoyed of manipulation and predatory behavior and although I know the mirror is enough punishment I often wish some souls to burn in hell for their insane behavior.

I have not astral projected so I cannot say anything about that. I am not religious and see many religions as illogical. One of the ways to advance quickly is Amagydala fear overload but I think all souls should avoid it if possible since it is insanely painful.

I do not know how to advance further in awareness than where I am and know that there are many who know more and are more advanced than me.
. Some of them are very beautiful. Some of them are posting on ATS.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barzini
Actually "satan" has you believing enlightenment is a bad thing. It's not, enlightened means learned, knowledgeable, well read, educated and wise. Why or how is that bad?

So says the guy that OD'ed on the Gnostic Koolaid...

Regardless of what Tom Cruise may tell you, being in a cult will NOT make you cool.

Ditch the cult if you ever want to be taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I am grateful. I'm a lucky guy, but if God is sentient, I need to hear it from him direct why he needs to know that...... If it's explained and it's reasonable, I can do it.

You see, I don't really see our creator as something we have conscious relalationship with. I also think it's slightly silly to humanise and try to apply human behavioural responses to God.

If He/She is sentient it's okay, I'm Roman Catholic, and I I'll be looking to get some of that forgiveness.....

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Your Genesis premise is flawed, because you are useing the KJV. The Hebrew text of Gen 1 says, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth, and the earth BECAME void and without form." The earth was then restored in 6 days.

So Adam was created in a perfect state (spirit, soul, and body), then fell; just as the earth was first created and then became void.

So its not about attaining enlightenment from a voided state. It's about restoring the spirit, soul, and body (in that order) by faith and abiding in Christ.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

No that's not what it says in Hebrew...

Genesis Chapter 1 בְּרֵאשִׁיתא  בְּרֵאשִׁית, בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים, אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם, וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ.1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.ב  וְהָאָרֶץ, הָיְתָה תֹהוּ וָבֹהוּ, וְחֹשֶׁךְ, עַל-פְּנֵי תְהוֹם; וְרוּחַ אֱלֹהִים, מְרַחֶפֶת עַל-פְּנֵי הַמָּיִם.2 Now the earth was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters.ג  וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי אוֹר; וַיְהִי-אוֹר.3 And God said: 'Let there be light.' And there was light.

www.mechon-mamre.org...

I'm also rather interested in having you explain the differences of the soul versus spirit please...
edit on 22-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

The earth BECAME formless.
הָיְתָ֥ה

Soul is nephesh. Spirit is ruahh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join