It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does anyone think ONE PERSON (Donald Trump) can "Make America Great Again"?...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why does anyone think ONE PERSON (Donald Trump) can "Make America Great Again"?... Even though he employs tens of thousands of people and has millions of supporters all over the country, why in the world do we keep saying HE is the one that's going to rebuild America?.. It's up to US to do that.. Sure he can hire enough private security to physically make in into the White House before being taken out by TBTB, but what can he as an INDIVIDUAL actually do to make this country great again?...

The only thing that seems even remotely feasible, would be for him to encourage mass protest and uprising against TBTB... If he were able to somehow orchestrate a controlled and civil, yet POWERFUL uprising of conservative Americans against all the libtards and greedy cooperations/ bankers, I think he'd get the job done pretty efficiently... I mean how long would it take to reverse all the damage that's been done if he attempts to do it all by the books?
edit on 2 21 2016 by EequalsMC2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EequalsMC2

He would not be just one person.
Effective leaders surround themselves with the best they can find, and then delegate their agenda.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You should have included Bernie sanders in your question. People actually believe he will change the way the country is ran.

We need to start replacing these politicians from the bottom and work our way to the top.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
How much can a president actually acomplish without a agreable congres? Trump cant do anything alone that would be a dictatorship not a democracy.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Food for thought. Trump has mentioned Sarah Palin and Oprah Winfrey as possible running mates.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

There is no powers that be this is internet tin hat theories. What there actually is is several powerful groups with their own agendas. And the reason no one group has taken control is because others are still in the fight. No where in human history has one group been able to control everything thief are always people opposing them either behind the scenes or not.

You have people who believe they can control things and try and when these people clash we get what we have now. Splits in society we see it all over the globe. You have groups fighting to take military control others financial still others social.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

With that mindset why bother voting for anyone?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Because he said he was, duhhh. Have some faith and trust the man, when has a politician not done what they say they would?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Because "if you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" and "propaganda works best when those being manipulated are confident that they are acting on their own free will" - Joseph Goebbels, Nazi minister for propaganda (Information)

also "it is easier to fool people than convince them that they have been fooled" - Mark Twain.

Let us not forget that through relentless propaganda, Hitler rallied an entire nation to his cause in 1938 onwards, proving that blind devotion to a flawed philosophy will eventually lead to your downfall.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Will he personally make it better? Maybe, slightly. No one man can but you give me a better choice outside voting for the same old #. Bernie can't beat the Clinton machine, he's too nice

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Didn't everyone think that about the one person in power now?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

It's called the bully pulpit. He could call congress out on their conduct. If he really wants to do all the things he says, it's the only way. Public humiliation, basically. Presidents have used the office like this in the past. If the citizens of this country are informed constantly of who voted against his agenda, it puts pressure on congress to cooperate. In this digital age, he can release as much information as possible in a short period of time. Over and over again. If the citizens really want his agenda, an amazing amount of pressure can be put on congress.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Food for thought. Trump has mentioned Sarah Palin and Oprah Winfrey as possible running mates.

He is definitely making a mockery out of the entire system. Good or bad ... I don't know. Having seen first-hand how bad Hope & Change can be, I'm simply hoping for a much more conservative direction. I don't see Trump taking us there.

I do think he's twitchy. I think he's prone to making very rash decisions. I think he's butt-buddies with the Clintons. I can't believe the Republican party didn't do a purge when they were getting rid of Boehner. Trump wouldn't be an issue at this point. Stupid, stupid ... stoopit.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
People are gullible, naive, and downright stupid- that's why.

Don't blame them, though- they were raised that way.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Just like eight years ago, one candidate ran on the mantra "Hope and Change". Look where that got us. "Make America Great Again" is just a mantra. Like Cruz has "TrustTed".

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Well if the citizens really agree with his agenda and that puts pressurre on the congress to adhere i have no problem with that, if say a gun or tobacco lobbyist can accomplish the same pressure i would call it a problem, but a majority of people no.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I completely understand that, but even with hundreds working in a professional capacity, what are they REALLY gonna do?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Makes sense.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69
How much can a president actually acomplish without a agreable congres? Trump cant do anything alone that would be a dictatorship not a democracy.

Same with Sanders. It should be the same with Obama, too.

The President is the Chief Executive, not a legislator. The President should work with the Congress, not circumvent them with bureaucracy, regulation, and intimidation of the private sector.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Awesome response, thank you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join