It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia making moves in south pacific.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Interesting considering the political turmoil that hit fiji. A coup in 2006, their high court ruling the government illegal who then shredded the constitution. Democratic elections held in 2014 where the fiji first party won with almost 60% of the vote. The head of the party is the former coup leader.

Its location is interesting as well looking at a strategic overview. Close enough to New Zealand, Australia, French, US territory / protectorates.

Or it could be nothing more than an arms upgrade for their military.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
A secretive shipment of weapons and military hardware donated by Russia to the military of Fiji may be an “opening move” in a battle for influence in the Asia-Pacific region security experts have said.The 20-container shipment – sent by the Russian government to its recently-forged ally – was unloaded from a cargo ship in Suva last week. It will be followed by Russian military personnel arriving in the archipelago nation next month to act as “trainers” for the new arsenal.

full article

While it hasn't been declared what was in the shipment there are rumours of RPGs and helicopters. This will prove to be a worrying development I would imagine. Fijian men are recruited heavily by the UK's armed forces and this is right on Australia's door step.

second shipment ordered

Al Russia, and China for that matter, is doing is seeing and learning from what the US is and has been doing in Europe.

Since the fall of the soviet union, the US through their vassal European states west has been placing military bases in each former Soviet republic they can get into NATO. This has led to placing Nuclear weapons right on Russia's door step. Imagine how loud the US would scream if Russia put nuks in the Carrabian.

The fact that this knowledge seems lost to the OP is testament to how successful the US and other western media is in training the masses up to have opinions the US and the western media, want them to have.

The only other explanation is that some people on this forum are part of the western media's public training efforts.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Its location is interesting as well looking at a strategic overview. Close enough to New Zealand, Australia, French, US territory / protectorates.

Or it could be nothing more than an arms upgrade for their military.

Until ICBMs, warships and submarines start turning up in Fiji, I wouldn't sweat this one.

The Fijian government has been left out in the cold since the last coup. A nation needs friends and when your neighbours turn a cold shoulder to you, one looks further afield.

Personally I'm just glad it's not China trying to influence the pacific region for once. They have been up to much more sneaky games than Russia.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
I wouldn't stress about it.

Fiji is a small place and if it weren't Russia, it probably would have been China.

One is going to need more than helicopters (not enough range to reach Aussie or even NZ) or RPGs to threaten either nation.

Those weapons would be for self defense rather than offensive warfare.

ETA, One of the sources says that they are destined to go to Syria. Fiji has 1,000 troops on the ground there. Who knew ?.....

Obviously Russia is rewarding their efforts for supporting their plan of action over there.

The troops from Fiji in Syria are a part of the UN force in the Golan and have nothing to do with the civil war. 2/3rd of Fijis tiny military is normally away on peacekeeping missions because they need the money. Fiji is likely getting weapons from Russia because they end up under sanctions all the time because of military coups. Fiji is frankly more trouble than it is worth to the West or the Russians. Its military is completely useless for anything beyond taking out the elected government whenever it feels like it. The Government is a mess and that has lead to all kinds of problems with just about everybody. Russia would gain nothing from Fiji other than problems and it would be worthless in military terms as it would easily be cut off and impossible for Russia to support. China was flirting with them for awhile but, the Fijian government proved so completely incompetent they gave up getting any use out of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

A secretive shipment of weapons and military hardware donated by Russia to the military of Fiji may be an “opening move” in a battle for influence in the Asia-Pacific region security experts have said.The 20-container shipment – sent by the Russian government to its recently-forged ally – was unloaded from a cargo ship in Suva last week. It will be followed by Russian military personnel arriving in the archipelago nation next month to act as “trainers” for the new arsenal.

full article

While it hasn't been declared what was in the shipment there are rumours of RPGs and helicopters. This will prove to be a worrying development I would imagine. Fijian men are recruited heavily by the UK's armed forces and this is right on Australia's door step.

second shipment ordered

Al Russia, and China for that matter, is doing is seeing and learning from what the US is and has been doing in Europe.

Since the fall of the soviet union, the US through their vassal European states west has been placing military bases in each former Soviet republic they can get into NATO. This has led to placing Nuclear weapons right on Russia's door step. Imagine how loud the US would scream if Russia put nuks in the Carrabian.

The fact that this knowledge seems lost to the OP is testament to how successful the US and other western media is in training the masses up to have opinions the US and the western media, want them to have.

The only other explanation is that some people on this forum are part of the western media's public training efforts.

Their are only 3 former Soviet Republics in NATO. Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. None of them have nuclear weapons stationed in them. Nor do any of the former Warsaw pact nations. In fact the nukes in Europe have remained in the same places they were during the Cold War but, their are not near as many. Of course their are these things call subs that have made land based missiles needing to be placed close by obsolete. So to some up, their are no new nukes on Russia's door step, their in fact far less than there once were. None of them are in former Soviet Republic nor former members of the Warsaw Pact. And placing land based nukes close to their target became an obsolete strategic tactic since SSBNs can park off the coast. I kind of feel like you are living in 1960s and missed what has been happening for the last 60 plus years.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

As far as I know nato forces stationed in Germany are restricted to the old west german boundaries with none in the old E. Germany.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: chr0naut

If this prevents international aid at its most urgent time, it may lead to revolt.

Let's hope saner heads prevail.

You mean western 'aid', don't you?

Our arms…

Food aid, doctors, building supplies & etc.

US AID is never without strings attached. Military bases, harbors and occupying armies quickly follow. If they resist, we'll drum up another spiffy name for a new terror organization… and pound them from the air, too.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

a reply to: MrSpad

As far as I know nato forces stationed in Germany are restricted to the old west german boundaries with none in the old E. Germany.

Yah, just the military strategic locations, lol. With attack aircraft, cruise missiles and Nuclear weapons. Don't need to occupy Germany any more than that, do we?

Additional shoutouts to the occupation of the rest of Western Europe, too.

Wiki
edit on 22-2-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

full article

second shipment ordered

Rather foolish and obnoxious post I have to say.

If you care to, read up on Fiji's contribution to the UK and how high a percentage of these men are serving over here in the military. Then ask yourself what a Russian arms shipment and growing relations between the two countries might have people thinking and doing in London. (Not me, London). Don't try and give me a lecture on foreign policy that you would give a 14 year old by stating the obvious.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda

Fair enough, I called you out on hurricane...

So its not haarp (said for its musical connotations ), would overt/covert weather modification program suit you better?

And yes you are probably right HAARP was shut down, it was 'research' after all. Probably been perfected, miniaturised, and deployed by now.

My apologies about the hemispheric storm description confusion. I fell over and cracked my head on a rock (got rushed by a bull and fell over backwards).

I have an awful headache and now seem to be thinking like an American.

Perhaps there is some brain damage?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If this prevents international aid at its most urgent time, it may lead to revolt.

Let's hope saner heads prevail.

You mean western 'aid', don't you?

Our arms…

Food aid, doctors, building supplies & etc.

US AID is never without strings attached. Military bases, harbors and occupying armies quickly follow. If they resist, we'll drum up another spiffy name for a new terror organization… and pound them from the air, too.

Bainanaramans?

Bet you they don't have any good tunes, though.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Too complex. Its Fiji?

How about Fidgity ism or Fiji ists?

Something with ism, ists, anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Anyways its Russia and Fiji... A non story from 1 non country and fiji.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Anyways its Russia and Fiji…

With you its always about Russia…

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join