It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope goes after Trump for the Wall but there's walls around the Vatican

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Time to revoke tax exempt status.

The Restriction of Political Campaign Intervention by Section 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Organizations

Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. Contributions to political campaign funds or public statements of position (verbal or written) made on behalf of the organization in favor of or in opposition to any candidate for public office clearly violate the prohibition against political campaign activity. Violating this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes.

Certain activities or expenditures may not be prohibited depending on the facts and circumstances. For example, certain voter education activities (including presenting public forums and publishing voter education guides) conducted in a non-partisan manner do not constitute prohibited political campaign activity. In addition, other activities intended to encourage people to participate in the electoral process, such as voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives, would not be prohibited political campaign activity if conducted in a non-partisan manner.

On the other hand, voter education or registration activities with evidence of bias that (a) would favor one candidate over another; (b) oppose a candidate in some manner; or (c) have the effect of favoring a candidate or group of candidates, will constitute prohibited participation or intervention.

www.irs.gov...&-Non-Profits/Charitable-Organizations/The-Restriction-of-Political-Campaign-Intervention-by-Section-501(c)(3)-Tax-Exemp t-Organizations

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This Pope has slipped up sufficiently in the last 48 hours by showing his anger and nasty face to his flock and with his mouth and what he said about walls , bridges and politics.

Shown everybody what they really are and let me tell you they are far worse than their flock can ever imagine.

Like all sheep they will follow the Pedo Catholic Church and the Pope over the cliff!!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

To be plain, I don't really care if the Vatican has walls or not, but they have some nerve lecturing us if we decide we'd like some too.

It's sort of like someone who lives in a gated community telling me I shouldn't put a privacy fence up around my house.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Germany had a wall 30 years ago

Didn't work so well

China has an even grander wall but that didn't work so well either, now it's just a tourist attraction

Israel has a wall and is much like the wall you'd get from Trump

Do you really want such an ugly thing like this on your land ?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

If it works?

Then who cares what it looks like.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The trouble with aid money and charitable donations, is that more often than not, less than half of the money donated or put aside for the purpose of aiding a particular areas population, actually gets spent on that area. That percentage drops even further, when there are paramilitary organisations abroad in the area, in the midst of turf battles and eager to make the most of whatever they can lay their hands on, to save money for more guns, bullets, and explosives, not to mention drugs.

This migh explain why it is still preferable to escape than to remain and also why it would be wrong to put up a wall. It has near to nothing to do with Christianity. It is to do with humanity. If you have some, you have to help these people, but if you do not, then by all means, get the bricklayers to work and be sharp about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The walls of the Vatican were built between 847AD and 1644AD. You know back when bandits, barbarians, and armies were common. Trying to compare that to building a wall (however completely ineffective) to keep out people looking for better lives in 2016 is beyond silly.

So is ISIS looking for a better life here or are they on the level of "bandits, barbarians, and armies"? Granted, there are people who are looking for a better life, the majority not legally. ISIS and terrorists are not in the "better life" category.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Germany had a wall 30 years ago

Didn't work so well

China has an even grander wall but that didn't work so well either, now it's just a tourist attraction

Israel has a wall and is much like the wall you'd get from Trump

Do you really want such an ugly thing like this on your land ?

If it means more security and protection, ya.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Pope is correct. It's not the Christian thing to do, to build a wall and shut out people who are suffering. And Trump is not Christian. Was there ever any doubt of that?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: UnBreakable

He didn't build the wall...

No, but I bet he enjoys the benefit of the security it provides. The Vatican has enough treasures within it's walls. I'm sure he can afford to remodel and take down the wall if he feels that strongly about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So as long as it coming out of your American tax dollars...

Btw, there that country right below you guys having people getting there head chopped by groups, who aren't really religious, but they seem pretty close inspiring fear and terror. O and I bet some of those people are Christians too, might wanna send some roid raged soldiers and cops to release that testosterone to bust some head so they can be glorified heroes ...And it a viable excuse for war too, might bring up your guys dollar too.

O and God forbid if a zombie apocalypse ever happened.
edit on 18-2-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The Pope is correct. It's not the Christian thing to do, to build a wall and shut out people who are suffering. And Trump is not Christian. Was there ever any doubt of that?

And you know Trump is not a Christian? Source please. Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Walls keep people out, they also keep people in

be careful what you wish for, it may come to bite you back in the rear

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
O and there Drugs in Mexico to...They have weed.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The Pope Mobile has walls.
www.freewoodpost.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

The Vatican is a country. A whole, independent soverign nation inside Rome, Italy. The wall denotes the borders within the city (rome). Enter it and youre in a separate country. Even though you are also in Italy.

Quite different building a northern dividing wall, and one circular one to denote when one has entered a different nation (the Vatican City).

Each day, through its walls, the Vatican is open to all. A wall between us and Mexico would be to regulate who comes in and why and for how long.

Both different ideas.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Each day, through its walls, the Vatican is open to all.

Mostly correct, they do have a dress code to get on the other side of the wall.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I would start with the fact that he sees fit to promote the acquisition of vast wealth by a minority of morally retarded individuals as a good start in compiling the evidence, and by that I mean that he is an ideological capitalist. Good capitalists know that it is a dirty thing, capitalism, that it necessitates a certain amount of poverty, for a certain percentage of the population it manages, and that without that poverty it could not function.

Everyone who benefits in a capitalist nation, but fails to remember their place, that they could just as easily have wound up being in the buffer zone as opposed to on the train carriage, and especially those who become obscenely wealthy without paying respect to those less fortunate, genuine, everlasting, and not at all fake respect, needs to change their ways.

It is one thing to suck the life out of a person, and quite another not to appreciate the opportunity.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
And you know Trump is not a Christian? Source please. Thanks in advance.

99% of the time that I state facts here, I include a source link. Let me just explain that if I don't include a source, most of what I say here is my opinion.

I was raised in a Christian home, and I have studied Christianity extensively. I know the tenets and teachings of Christianity. The 'source' is my opinion. I agree with the Pope that Donald Trump is not Christian.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: neoholographic

When the Pope goes after Ted Cruz, maybe then I'll pay attention.
ahahah
This is getting humorous..
edit on 18-2-2016 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join