It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope goes after Trump for the Wall but there's walls around the Vatican

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: neoholographic

Each day, through its walls, the Vatican is open to all.

If a pregnant woman walks through the walls into the Vatican and has a baby...can her baby be a citizen?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The Vatican is a country. A whole, independent soverign nation inside Rome, Italy. The wall denotes the borders within the city (rome). Enter it and youre in a separate country. Even though you are also in Italy.

Quite different building a northern dividing wall, and one circular one to denote when one has entered a different nation (the Vatican City).

Each day, through its walls, the Vatican is open to all. A wall between us and Mexico would be to regulate who comes in and why and for how long.

Both different ideas.

Well then they should have no problem letting in terrorists. It's the Christian thing to do.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
If a pregnant woman walks through the walls into the Vatican and has a baby...can her baby be a citizen?

No, both Italy and the Vatican do not grant citizenship to children born there of foreign nationals and use jus sanguinis.

edit on 18-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Vatican Empire has walls that are 500 feet high protecting the Pope and their Cardinals.Enough said!!
edit on 18-2-2016 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IAMTAT

No, both Italy and the Vatican do not grant citizenship to children born there of foreign nationals and use jus sanguinis.

Well, that doesn't sound very Christian.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
Israel has a wall and is much like the wall you'd get from Trump

Do you really want such an ugly thing like this on your land ?

As long as it keeps the United States and it's Citizens out of my country, yes, anything.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The Pope was right, it is not a Christian thing to do, building a big wall, and ignoring the suffering of those less fortunate.

The fact that the Vatican does something, tends to mean that it could be evil. Catholicism is about as Christian as a black mass, at a crossroads, under a full moon, involving ritual human sacrifice, so yes, their wall is no better than Trump's. It is MUCH older though, and the current pope had nothing to do with its construction.

Where does your opinion of Catholicism come from? Inside information on which version of Christianity is the "right one?"

As for the pope's comment about the ludicrous border wall idea, IMO, he should stay out of our national debates. Besides, I doubt there's more than 6 members of congress stupid enough to think the many billions of dollars it would cost would accomplish much of anything.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
the vatican walls were built for very real threats from very real enemies.
unless i missed something, america is not at war with mexico, a few illegals mowing lawns does not justify a wall.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Every other day Trump critics don't care what the pope says.

Until one day when there's a guy with an R by their name that 'validates' their already preconceived opinions.

Then they 'care'!

Priceless.
edit on 18-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Can someone give me a full definition of what it is like to be a Christian? So I can tell if what the Pope said is correct or not. It's getting to the point where I have no idea what being a Christian even means.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
POPE = President of Pedo Evil

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hail Augustus Masonicus. Touche'! You are correct. And you should know!
MS

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Hail Augustus Masonicus. Touche'! You are correct. And you should know!
MS

It was hot when I went there this past August and I tried to get in with only a merkin. Swiss Guard was not amused.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: MrSpad
The walls of the Vatican were built between 847AD and 1644AD. You know back when bandits, barbarians, and armies were common. Trying to compare that to building a wall (however completely ineffective) to keep out people looking for better lives in 2016 is beyond silly.

So is ISIS looking for a better life here or are they on the level of "bandits, barbarians, and armies"? Granted, there are people who are looking for a better life, the majority not legally. ISIS and terrorists are not in the "better life" category.

What does this have to so with ISIS? ISIS, nor any terrorist is not going Mexico to then try and slip across the US border. They get a fake passport and fly right in, maybe even first class. Because the billions of dollars and 28.000 border agents are busy stopping lawn worker, dish washers and construction workers from crossing the southern border looking for work instead of using that money to put in a better system of detecting false passports and the people who use them.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
Doesn't even matter if he is Christian. Saying it is "unChristian" is saying that American policies are to be influenced by religion.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I believe the country-Vatican City...has those same issues as the rest of us regarding terrorists. But then again? They are surrounded by the Italian military, the Rome Police, and inside they have the Vatican City Police, the Papal Guard, the Swiss Guard and a couple others.

Still...just as susceptible to terror as the rest of us. But they DO have a hell of a lot of law enforcement for just a few acres of a country within a country.....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
lol That's exactly what I thought.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here's an idea, Mr Pope. I will take you more seriously if you do the "Christian" thing and start making reparations for all of the wealth the Catholic church robbed from others over the past few hundred years.

Oh, and also while you are at it, explain to the poor how many millions you have invested in various banks and corporations. Oh, I know, you have so many charities that you contribute to, but really how much do you need?

I was sick to my stomach by the end of the Vatican tour. The Pope is a hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Considering there were more murders comitted by mexican drug cartels and gangs than people killed during the Iraq War for the same time period and these same gangs and cartels are increasingly invading the united states freely through unenforced immigration laws, your point is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
How "christian" does Bernie Sanders need to be?

Would it be acceptable to say trump is more "jewsih" because of his business success?

Of course not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join