It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Threatens Independent Run ... Again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Krazysh0t
He's not really an actor

And people thought Reagan would make a good president just based on his acting skills? Ever see 'Bedtime for Bonzo'? Not trying to compare Trump to Reagan here, just trying to make a point.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

He's not really an actor

And people thought Reagan would make a good president just based on his acting skills? Ever see 'Bedtime for Bonzo'? Not trying to compare Trump to Reagan here, just trying to make a point.

Good luck my friend. The haters seem to think of reality tv when it comes to Trump.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LSU0408

He said muslims because they're the majority and when you think of the Middle East, you think of muslims. He's clearly talking about foreigners. But stink it up however you need to.

No, he was talking about Muslims. I don't need YOU to clarify Trump's words for me. I heard Muslims, not foreigners and you trying to make his words more politically correct isn't going to hide the fact that he wanted to break the 1st Amendment.

You are the one trying to church it up to make trump sound bad.

And it is not against the constitution, it is perfectly legal to bar people's from any nation for any length of time by the President, in fact it has been done many times throughout American history.

And I know you know this, as I have seen this fact stated and sourced for you many times in many threads, yet you continue to spout off with this rhetoric.

Just give it a rest would you, we get it, you don't like trump.

But if he is so bad, then you don't have to exaggerate and lie to condemn him, the truth will come out.

You sound like " reefer madness " movie from the 50s, all it does is make people roll their eyes and ignore you.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

He's not really an actor

Good luck my friend. The haters seem to think of reality tv when it comes to Trump.

Trump also made a cameo in Home Alone. It was an Oscar worthy performance as compared to Reagan yukking it up with a primate. But people looked over that, thank God, and made him the best president in my lifetime. Hopefully Trump will be #2. But in reality it will be Hillary, and she'll make Obama look like the one of the best.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I just gagged, I hope you're wrong about Shrillary.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Star for you!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Seriously OP , you post so much negativity about Trump. Some of it is true but some of it is just pure regurgitation of establishment media BS. You seem to want to spin anything Trump into a negative.

I just can't take your views on him seriously because you are never objective. As far as Trump is concerned you just come across as a shill.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

What part of my post set off the "he called me lazy" alert in your head? I guess you don't live in America, otherwise, you would be too hard at work to have time to post a response since it's 3:25 pm CST.

You misunderstood my post, just letting them know I feel their pain, somtimes an understanding war can lighten up your day.

I'm in Indiana, Carmel, Indy north side, at work.

Just on break, back to it soon though, then the drive home and supper and a beer

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Seriously OP , you post so much negativity about Trump. Some of it is true but some of it is just pure regurgitation of establishment media BS. You seem to want to spin anything Trump into a negative.

I just can't take your views on him seriously because you are never objective. As far as Trump is concerned you just come across as a shill.

Quoted for truth!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yep. Trump maybe be really obnoxious and in your face, but at least he'll be that way out front, and he even says he's not a politician. Cruz might be the sleaziest person around between what he did to Carson and sending out bogus voting forms. But he's the worse, trying to do those things on the sly. He claims to be an outsider but uses the dirtiest tricks that you'd expect from an establishment insider. Not even his fellow peers like him and it is true when Trump says he has no endorsements from anyone in the senate.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I knew after your previous post that I HAD to have misread you! My apologies, drive safe and drink one for me when you get home

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: LSU0408

From Breitbart source:

Sources close to the process who work for the RNC, but are not authorized to speak on the record, confirmed to Breitbart News throughout the evening on Saturday that that is standard operating procedure for the RNC and the party as a whole for all debates: Donors get tickets while voters have to watch on TV at home.

Source

If Donald wants to play in the Big Leagues, he needs to follow the same rules as everyone else. Contrary to his belief, he is not a special snowflake.

Rules can be challenged. If Trump did not call out that the audience represents the minority view then people at home might think that the boos were representative of the public and it might sway their vote. To that end, Trump is doing the right thing shining a light on it. In fact, he is shining a light on all the political dirty tricks and its great to see. If the special snowflake RNC can't handle it, tough luck. If they are going to try and stack the process in favour of who they want to win then they will have to accept being exposed.

Its well past time to stop all this BS and actually elect the person the people want to lead them.
edit on 16/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

From Breitbart source:

Sources close to the process who work for the RNC, but are not authorized to speak on the record, confirmed to Breitbart News throughout the evening on Saturday that that is standard operating procedure for the RNC and the party as a whole for all debates: Donors get tickets while voters have to watch on TV at home.

Source

If Donald wants to play in the Big Leagues, he needs to follow the same rules as everyone else. Contrary to his belief, he is not a special snowflake.

Rules can be challenged. If Trump did not call out that the audience represents the minority view then people at home might think that the boos were representative of the public and it might sway their vote. To that end, Trump is doing the right thing shining a light on it. In fact, he is shining a light on all the political dirty tricks and its great to see. If the special snowflake RNC can't handle it, tough luck. If they are going to try and stack the process in favour of who they want to win then they will have to accept being exposed.

Its well past time to stop all this BS and actually elect the person the people want to lead them.

I can't express how hard it is to bash my own party, but what they're doing to our front runner is absolutely disgusting.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

From Breitbart source:

Source

I can't express how hard it is to bash my own party, but what they're doing to our front runner is absolutely disgusting.

It is crazy to watch I have to say. He is not just the front runner, he is miles in front. The last five SC polls have him between 15 and 20 points ahead of second place, yet the whole GOP seem to trying to destroy him. In the process they are destroying the party by alienating around 40% of their support. I know why they are doing it - I said months ago that their splitter strategy and sequencing of states to stack winner takes all vs proportional states in favour of Bush and Rubio was their grand plan. I think it will turn out that way. I really can't se anyone but Bush or Rubio winning the nomination. I don't think it is even a competition for the rest.

The big difference is that if Rubio or Bush was out front right now they would be doing everything possible to finish the process by whittling down the field.
edit on 16/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You got it. I'm just saddened by their antics. By the time it's all said and done, they could be alienating a lot more than 40% too. I sure as hell feel alienated.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Yeah well as they say in Texas.

Trump is all hat no cattle.

But then again so are his critics.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The most important thing to note is that Trump (or any other non establishment candidate) needs to get 50% of the delegates. That target is impossible for Trump so he simply can't win. It's also highly unlikely for Cruz.

If Bush or Rubio get 20-30% of the delegates (and no one else gets 50%) then they will be nominated in at the convention. Thats why one of them will win, without question.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What third party would Trump run under....T party? Would they accept him? The Libertarian party has already gone with Gov. G Johnson

I think it's a bit late to establish a new party.

He'd probably fit best into the Conservative side of the the Populist Party aka the People's Party. That's if he'd be accepted.

The terms "populism" and "populist" have been used in the 20th and 21st centuries to describe anti-elitist appeals against established interests or mainstream parties, referring to both the political left and right.

Source1

Source2

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

but Paul didn't have nearly as much actual support as we like to think he did.

That was because the GOP and foxnews had a constant feed saying Ron Paul was crazy and a radical. Despite him being against the war and foreseeing just about everything that is occurring today.

Plus the internet was not as big a force in politics as it is today.

Comparing either the Trump or the Sanders campaign to the Paul campaign does injustice to those two campaigns

Regardless whether you believe in Ron Pauls policies or not, his campaign opened the door For Bernie and Trump. He opened the eyes of many people to realize that the DNC and GOP are an establishment tool.

He even had a Liberal Media source like John Stewart demonstrate the corruption and agenda, who (including bern fan) likely got their first look at the blatant agenda in politics.

Ron Paul also opened the internet as a force to be reckoned with in politics that both Trump and Bernie are using.

So I don't think 'injustice' would be the term I would use.

Exactly in that sense he paved the way despite all the MSM negativity. Many of us learned who Bernie was because of Ron Paul.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join