It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Threatens Independent Run ... Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Donald Trump Threatens Independent Run ... Again

Trump, who polls show is the front-runner for the GOP nomination, promised party leaders in December that he would run under the Republican banner and support the eventual nominee. But he said during a news conference in South Carolina on Monday that the party has broken the agreement by packing the weekend debate audience with party loyalists who booed him and for failing to condemn Sen. Ted Cruz' intensifying attacks.

“I signed a pledge but it’s a double-edge pledge, and as far as I’m concerned they’re in default," Trump said of the Republican National Committee. "That means the other side can do what they have to do."

Awwww... It looks like the Trumpet can't take a little political heat. Apparently the GOP PURPOSELY staffed the audience of the debate with "party loyalists" just because he happened to get booed. So now he's going to fall back on his go to technique. Blackmail the GOP with threats of running as an independent.

You know what. He should do it. Go Donald. Run independent. You know as well as I do that you need the GOP now and can't win as an independent. I'm calling his bluff. I'd say back when he first announced, this threat had some merit, but now that the Trumpet is actually a threat to win going independent will be a surefire way to lose. In fact the very "party loyalists" he just insulted at that debate are the very people he's going to need to at least secure the nomination. Good job insulting your voting demographic because you can't take a little pressure.

Trump also threatened on Monday to file a lawsuit against Cruz (R-Texas) challenging his eligibility for president unless Cruz stops running ads containing what Trump called "lies." Trump has taken issue with Cruz ads suggesting he's in favor of abortion rights, Obamacare and gun control.

"If Ted is going to continue to lie with such desperation, I have no choice but to fight back," Trump said in a statement. "One of the ways I can fight back is to bring a lawsuit against him relative to the fact that he was born in Canada and therefore cannot be President. If he doesn’t take down his false ads and retract his lies, I will do so immediately."

He's like a school yard bully. Why is he even pursuing this pettiness? Oh that's right, because Cruz made a standard political hit piece commercial. I'm not defending Cruz here, because I have no idea what those "lies" are. Though knowing Trump and how he lies all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some accuracy there.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What third party would Trump run under....T party? Would they accept him? The Libertarian party has already gone with Gov. G Johnson

I think it's a bit late to establish a new party.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The bigger point raised is, do you all want a president who's going to keep going back on his word whenever things get a little hot for him ?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

So, just creating more attention for himself? for the 1,000 time?

His whole campaign is based on a loud mouth.

His mannerisms and money are the only reason hes even on the ballot.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
He is such a loser.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
To be fair here he is right about at least one thing in that Ted Cruz's birth in Canada would disqualify him from being able to be the United States President. In which case why is Cruz even running and been allowed to get this far into the game? What Trump basically said is "I am and have been calling you out on this and nobody else seems to mind or notice but I will stop if you stop trash talking about me in your ads."

Winner: Donny with the Trump card.

Spoken as someone who does not believe, care about or support any of these clowns. The Presidential chair is reserved for the previously selected TPTB approved game show host smiling hand shaking talking head front man/woman whoever that may be.
edit on 16-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
“I signed a pledge but it’s a double-edge pledge, and as far as I’m concerned they’re in default,"

What's "double-edged" about the pledge? The RNC didn't sign or promise squat. This is the pledge DONALD signed:

"I, _______, affirm that if I do not win the 2016 Republican nomination for President of the United States I will endorse the 2016 Republican presidential nominee, regardless of who it is."

It continues: "I further pledge that I will not seek to run as an independent or write-in candidate nor will I seek to accept the nomination for president of any other party."

Source

If Donald doesn't get his way or looks weak in public, he blames everyone but himself and tries to lash out and hurt those who "victimize" him. That's his MO.

I hope he does run as an independent. And I hope he sues Cruz! In both cases, it's a guarantee that the GOP won't win this election!
edit on 2/16/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Seriously. Antics like this tell me he isn't Presidential material. It should be actions like this that people recognize and realize that and then not vote for him and stop supporting him.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
To be fair here he is right about at least one thing in that Ted Cruz's birth in Canada would disqualify him from being able to be the United States President. In which case why is Cruz even running and been allowed to get this far into the game? What Trump basically said is "I am and have been calling you out on this and nobody else seems to mind or notice but I will stop if you stop trash talking about me in your ads."

Cruz is the candidate I LEAST want to even stand a chance at becoming POTUS, but he does qualify as a Natural Born Citizen, because his mother, at the time of his birth, was a US citizen. Just like with Obama (except in this case the person in question was definitely born outside of the US), people simply don't understand the laws/rules, and the location of one's birth doesn't disqualify one from being a US citizen. It can QUALIFY one to be born a US citizen if born in the US, but not DISQUALIFY if you are born outside of the US borders to a US citizen mother.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Trump is crude and his supporters are revolting. If he runs 3rd party I'm sure his supporters will come back to the establishment and support sane policies like more mid east wars, free trade and illegal immigration.
edit on 16-2-2016 by ArchangelUriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Apparently the GOP PURPOSELY staffed the audience of the debate with "party loyalists"

I think trump would make a horrible president, but there was no Apparently about it, It was a blatant setup by the GOP establishment.

As for threatening independent run, I think its a good strategy and I always said that Ron Paul should have done the same in order for the GOP to have played nice.

Bernie might want to consider the same strategy when Hillary and the DNC goes full force against him.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Lots' of LIberal minds in here, that's for sure.

What kind of committee that forces someone to join there group under the pretense that if he stayed with them, they would back him also, loads an entire audience with political opponents? Now if the audience were not specifically selected, I don't think Trump would complain, but there is nothing right or in proper in loading the audiences with cruz, Rubio, bush patrons only.

He has made a lot of arguments in public that are getting ignored not only by the RNC, and the entire govt, but by sadly sheeple too.

Is Cruz a legitimate candidate being born in Canada? The term natural born needs to be addressed and more specifically defined by a court of law.

Go Trump!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Perhaps he doesn't really want to seriously run/never thought he would be taken this seriously and this is a way for him to back out. He reminds me of that movie Brewster's Millions.
He seems like a publicity whore to me, and as long as he keeps himself relevant, he doesn't care what the outcome is.
Just my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SunnyDee
Us Canadians are crafty. First a Canadian US president, then your national animal becomes the majestic moose! Poutine anyone?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Uh, no. I will not vote for any of the other candidates vying. I would have to hope that someone goes rogue.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” Winston Churchill

a reply to: ArchangelUriel

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think trump would make a horrible president, but there was no Apparently about it, It was a blatant setup by the GOP establishment.

If you believe this then I have a bridge to sell you. Trump can't get unanimous support everywhere he goes. He's bound to face some boos here and there and to chalk up any instances where this happens as manufactured resistance is rather naive.

As for threatening independent run, I think its a good strategy and I always said that Ron Paul should have done the same in order for the GOP to have played nice.

Bernie might want to consider the same strategy when Hillary and the DNC goes full force against him.

It's a good strategy to guarantee that the other side wins the election. If we want 3rd party runs to mean sometime then we need to overhaul our election system so that it doesn't primarily support two party elections.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My problem with this scenario is that my biggest fears are coming true.

Something will happen where Trump runs as independent, Bush gets the RNC nomination and Clinton somehow gets the DNC nomination. So the only names that people will hear are Bush/Clinton. Any write-in's or independents will just make noise.

I want to see a Sanders and Trump battle. But I honestly think this entire $&!##!@$ up system is that corrupt.

Please.
Please Dear God in Heaven let me be wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

He's bound to face some boos here and there and to chalk up any instances where this happens as manufactured resistance is rather naive.

If you saw the debate from the start including the introduction it was pretty obvious that the audience was stacked for Rubio and Bush who also happen to be the establishment darlings.

As a matter of fact it was so obvious that it was my first post after the introduction in the debate thread :

Even in the few times that Trump made sense like saying that the War was a mistake he got boos.

I think your push for Bernie and distaste for Trump might be effecting your judgement on this.

It's a good strategy to guarantee that the other side wins the election. If we want 3rd party runs to mean sometime then we need to overhaul our election system so that it doesn't primarily support two party elections.

Will see if the DNC picks Hillary or Bernie.

However being that Ron Paul was not nominated by the GOP and the GOP along with the MSM sabotaged his efforts during his run , I still think he should have played the independent run card.

the system is rigged and as long as we end up with a DNC or GOP endorsed candidate we all lose.

edit on 50229America/ChicagoTue, 16 Feb 2016 10:50:43 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well it is confusing then because I looked it up myself and I have fairly good reading comprehension skills and it looked like it was pretty cut and clear to me but either way it makes no difference to me, they are all hucksters.

a reply to: dogstar23

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

The bigger point raised is, do you all want a president who's going to keep going back on his word whenever things get a little hot for him ?

the point is people need to say what they mean, and mean what they say

if not, they're called 'liars'

it's fairly obvious that the RNC is trying underhanded monkeyshine to derail his campaign.

Good for him for calling them out

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join