It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mis-management of Terror funds by Texas.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
[
But I won't continue to "hijack" the otherwise sterling intellectual content of this thread.

Have fun.

Thank you for recognizing

Glad to hear it.

Now, on with the next tidbit I found on this. Its not just a trailer for a fw suped up riding mowers:

The audit's findings mirror some of the weaknesses identified in a September report by The Dallas Morning News. The newspaper found that some cities used anti-terrorism funds to buy equipment for traffic stops, drug investigations and even community festivals.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050108/ap_on_re_us/terrorism_spending_2&printer=1

Now, dont get me wrong here. IF the equipment was really needed for terror, then I have no problem with it. Although I dont see what Drug Investigation has to do with it. I could see the Traffic Stops, IF they have a roadblock set up to find a suspected terrorist, but I suspect that this is for the DUI aspect of the Traffic Stop. And I hope the Festivals were Terror Awarness festivals

The people responsible for this obviously should do some jail time. But this brings to mind another aspect of this whole situation. Barring the frivolous buying of a stupid trailer, and some over blown parties, the rest of the items Texas is being blamed for incompetancy of fund grants, are all actually related to public servants;police,EMS and such. This other aspect I am getting to is, If the money was there extra in the Terror grants alloted to Texas, then why wasnt it avalible before the Terror funds were divied out? If Texas was in need of money for this, and it was there, whay wasnt access granted? And not just for Texas, but for the rest of us states as well? All the states in America are running in the red. If the money was there all along to be put into this emergency terror fund, then it has been there all along to help woth these aspects of State government that which cannot entirely be monitarily reliant upon I know I was saying earlier that this was just about one state, but with this new viewpoint, it kind of changes that.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join