It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crystal Meth Legalized & Sold to Children as Aderall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Adderall — prescribed to treat narcolepsy and "attention deficit hyperactivity disorder" (ADHD) in children as young as two — are in fact no different in action from meth. ... In fact, the active ingredients of Adderall are actually 75 percent dextroamphetamine salts; the other 25 percent are other amphetamines.

Source: www.naturalnews.com...

This means a few things. First, that there are probably cases where children may have been helped by crystal meth, making the drug war look like a big pharma scam to get higher pricing on their version of street drugs. Secondly, most of these cases may not have helped children at all and should be put into question. Third, it shows that it is up to us as individuals to determine what does and does not belong in our bodies, as the government does not have the right nor the responsibility to do so. The governments responsibility is to do what we say because of the idea of democracy, not the other way around.

All food and drugs should be regulated only by consumers in the marketplace by voting with their dollars about what is safe and what isn't, which companies are ethical and which are not, and which treat their employees well enough and which don't.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hmm... I'm not sure how to feel about the food and drug administration. In a perfect world people would look rationally at food and drugs and be able to make informed decisions one which to purchase based on ingredients and actual health benefits, but people are gullible. Marketing ploys seem to be able to override people's common sense and get them to purchase things, not because it's a good idea, but because they think everybody else is doing it. Just look at diet fads, or,even better, the current "Gluten" craze, where hundreds of thousands of people all of a sudden decided they were gluten intolerant due to marketing and the placebo effect.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Naturalnews is a source that is frowned upon here. In fact, I think it's thought of worse than that, maybe even banned from here.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Methamphetamine and dextroamphetamine are chemically different, though obviously related. But the fact is methamphetamine is available as a prescription itself. It's called Desoxyn. Under controlled conditions for certain disorders, either can be helpful. But that doesn't mean "therefore crystal meth" is okay.

If you believe it is, take a look here.. The people in these pictures "voted with their dollars" just like you advocate.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Methamphetamine and dextroamphetamine are chemically different, though obviously related. But the fact is methamphetamine is available as a prescription itself. It's called Desoxyn. Under controlled conditions for certain disorders, either can be helpful. But that doesn't mean "therefore crystal meth" is okay.

If you believe it is, take a look here.. The people in these pictures "voted with their dollars" just like you advocate.

Yeah, I would never had guessed you are only 29.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Yeah, I would never had guessed you are only 29.

lol! Maybe that's why Palpatine looks like that! Good catch!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Naturalnews is a source that is frowned upon here. In fact, I think it's thought of worse than that, maybe even banned from here.

Huh? No, not banned at all. *Some* of us even read their site often.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: centarix

here is another source (True Activist)

www.trueactivist.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Methamphetamine and dextroamphetamine are chemically different, though obviously related. But the fact is methamphetamine is available as a prescription itself. It's called Desoxyn.

^^ This. It's legally sold as Desoxyn, not Aderall.

Also, remember this blatant line of BS next time you take NN at it's word.
edit on 2/12/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I was talking to this old timer I know I while back that was telling about how when he was younger he new people that had a script for meth from their doctor. The would give it to people for a variety of things like weight loss and some other stuff.

I never realized it was once considered a legit drug by doctors. That makes me wonder what drugs today are going to be tomorrows outlaw drugs.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Methamphetamine and dextroamphetamine are chemically different, though obviously related. But the fact is methamphetamine is available as a prescription itself. It's called Desoxyn.

^^ This. It's legally sold as Desoxyn, not Aderall.

Also, remember this blatant line of BS next time you take NN at it's word.

Just to clarify, two different drugs:

Methamphetamine is sold as Desoxyn.
Dextroamphetamine is sold as Aderall.

They are chemically similar. but not exactly the same thing. Agree with you on your conclusions.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I was talking to this old timer I know I while back that was telling about how when he was younger he new people that had a script for meth from their doctor. The would give it to people for a variety of things like weight loss and some other stuff.

I never realized it was once considered a legit drug by doctors. That makes me wonder what drugs today are going to be tomorrows outlaw drug

You can still get a prescription for what amounts to meth. It's safer without the impurities introduced by cooking it in your trailer. The issue here really is the abuse of drugs, whether it is meth or Oxycodin. If drugs today are abused like the meth and derivitives are then I would expect them to be outlawed. Just taking a look at those pics ought to convince anyone, though I recognize it's more complex than that.
edit on 2/12/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

IMO nothing beats the effects of krocodile(sp?) Those pictures will give a person nightmares!! I can't imagine anyone doing that to themselves.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

All food and drugs should be regulated only by consumers in the marketplace by voting with their dollars about what is safe and what isn't, which companies are ethical and which are not, and which treat their employees well enough and which don't.

I agree. There's entirely too many stupid people running around voting for jackasses like Trump.

All joking aside, the FDA wasn't created for no reason. We're talking about people drinking radioactive water, using cosmetics that left them blind, children dying from contaminated medicines and even a few mass casualty incidents. So yeah, the FDA isn't perfect but the state of affairs prior to its creation was worse.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Methamphetamine was created by a Japanese chemist in the late 1800's.

It was used widely by the axis powers, Adolf Hitler was getting daily Meth injections of the brand name Pervitin the last couple of years before the end

Google Panzerschokolade or Stuka-Tabletten, it goes a long way in explaining some aspects of Nazi and Japanese fanaticism.

The allied forces relied heavily on amphetamines as well .

AFAIK Dexedrine is still part of every combat pilots flight kit.

Edit to add: All historical sources aside, speed kills.

edit on 12-2-2016 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Truthfully I think you are splitting hairs on the difference between these poisons....

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
All joking aside, the FDA wasn't created for no reason. We're talking about people drinking radioactive water, using cosmetics that left them blind, children dying from contaminated medicines and even a few mass casualty incidents. So yeah, the FDA isn't perfect but the state of affairs prior to its creation was worse.

I disagree with this only because I really believe it is worse to have a fully compromised "authority" who society has been wholly brainwashed into blindly trusting than it is to have a wild-west style marketplace in which people trust their own instinct first and foremost. Make no mistake here, the statement "The FDA isn't perfect" fails to even scratch the surface and, truth be told, paints an agency that sometimes "makes mistakes" rather than what really has happened: an agency has intentionally mislead the people numerous times in the name of money.

Tamiflu, allowing antibiotics to be mixed with livestock feed for 35+ years after promising to disallow the practice, FDA inspection fraud, MASSIVE nepotism between the major pharmaceutical corps and the FDA www.cptech.org... , bending over early, often, and on demand to Monsanto over everything from Nutrasweet to GMO (A situation which arose out of Donald Rummsfeld, who was Monsanto partner Searle's CEO at the time, becoming a Reagan confident. Reagan removed the existing FDA director, who had repeatedly rejected Nutrasweet on safety concerns, with a director who promised to accept the substance.)

I'd rather live under my own rule than depend on this type of corrupt BS.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's easy to look at the failures but how many successes do you know about? How many drugs that would have injured or killed people have NOT been approved?

Ever hear of Thalidomide?

THE THALIDOMIDE TRAGEDY: LESSONS FOR DRUG SAFETY AND REGULATION

Thalidomide first entered the German market in 1957 as an over-the-counter remedy, based on the maker’s safety claims. They advertised their product as “completely safe” for everyone, including mother and child, “even during pregnancy,” as its developers “could not find a dose high enough to kill a rat.” By 1960, thalidomide was marketed in 46 countries, with sales nearly matching those of aspirin.

Around this time, Australian obstetrician Dr. William McBride discovered that the drug also alleviated morning sickness. He started recommending this off-label use of the drug to his pregnant patients, setting a worldwide trend. Prescribing drugs for off-label purposes, or purposes other than those for which the drug was approved, is still a common practice in many countries today, including the U.S. In many cases, these off-label prescriptions are very effective, such as prescribing depression medication to treat chronic pain.

However, this practice can also lead to a more prevalent occurrence of unanticipated, and often serious, adverse drug reactions. In 1961, McBride began to associate this so-called harmless compound with severe birth defects in the babies he delivered. The drug interfered with the babies' normal development, causing many of them to be born with phocomelia, resulting in shortened, absent, or flipper-like limbs. A German newspaper soon reported 161 babies were adversely affected by thalidomide, leading the makers of the drug—who had ignored reports of the birth defects associated with the it—to finally stop distribution within Germany. Other countries followed suit and, by March of 1962, the drug was banned in most countries where it was previously sold.

In July of 1962, president John F. Kennedy and the American press began praising their heroine, FDA inspector Frances Kelsey, who prevented the drug’s approval within the United States despite pressure from the pharmaceutical company and FDA supervisors. Kelsey felt the application for thalidomide contained incomplete and insufficient data on its safety and effectiveness. Among her concerns was the lack of data indicating whether the drug could cross the placenta, which provides nourishment to a developing fetus.

Unfortunately, a great deal of people believe the lies marketers sell, whether it's about food, clothes, cars, drugs or politicians. I get your point about blind trust but I'd argue that the blind trust already existed.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes, but is it blue?

edit on 12/2/2016 by chr0naut because: Heisenburg.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It's been known for more than a decade that all ADHD medication was is coc aine minus one part.

The pharmaceutical industry has been making clones of illicit drugs with minor changes for decades in order to pad their bottom line and of course help people in some instances.

The only problem with the FDA is that it's staffed with pharmaceutical executives and lobbyists.

If it weren't, well we would not have any issues with it.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join