It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crystal Meth Legalized & Sold to Children as Aderall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i love my prescribed adderall it has been a life changer...

it is nothing like smoking or shoot meth its much safer..

ive known people using dexedrine for 20 plus years as prescribed no bad aging effects
no loss of teeth no infections from your injection marks..
and ive known tweeking meth addicts that started smoking them shoot meth at
25 now around 35 and its aged them no teeth they look about 60...

the whole story is kind of off base from the linked article

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
i love my prescribed adderall it has been a life changer...

it is nothing like smoking or shoot meth its much safer..

ive known people using dexedrine for 20 plus years as prescribed no bad aging effects
no loss of teeth no infections from your injection marks..
and ive known tweeking meth addicts that started smoking them shoot meth at
25 now around 35 and its aged them no teeth they look about 60...

the whole story is kind of off base from the linked article

Exactly, there is a HUGE difference between medical use and street abuse of Amphetamines.

Street Methamphetamine is typically in an form that can be smoked. Typical street doses are about 5X prescription levels (~150 MG) taken several times a day.

I have a prescription for Adderall (Amphetamine salt combo). Taken as 30 MG by mouth twice daily.

The difference between therapeutic use and street abuse is like night and day.

I have read that Methamphetamine (Desoxyn) is extremely effective, but good luck getting a doctor to prescribe it or find a pharmacy that carries it. This is mostly due to the false perceptions such as those spewed forth by this article.
While the internet is a great source of information, for the love of all that is good, can people please cross check/research from professional medical sites instead of all these snake oil sites that attempt to defraud and misinform the public.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: centarix

The ephedra plant, which is native to the southwest and used to make crystal meth, is actually very effective for treating asthma. I used to take a syrup with ephedra in it when I was a girl -- until Thrifty's said they couldn't sell it anymore. It never made me high or speeded out or anything, but it worked like a charm when I had an asthma attack.

I suspect it's much like cannabis, and the whole plant works in synergy... in synthetic forms (whether street or pharmaceutical) they try to isolate what they consider the active ingredient for maximum effect. Just like CBDs and CBGs counteract the "high" effect of THC, there may be something similar in ephedra. Just thinking out loud here...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Naturalnews is a source that is frowned upon here. In fact, I think it's thought of worse than that, maybe even banned from here.
I'm impressed by that specific Natural News article, because they cite a large number of links to sources that back up their claims.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Methamphetamine and dextroamphetamine are chemically different, though obviously related. But the fact is methamphetamine is available as a prescription itself. It's called Desoxyn. Under controlled conditions for certain disorders, either can be helpful. But that doesn't mean "therefore crystal meth" is okay.

If you believe it is, take a look here.. The people in these pictures "voted with their dollars" just like you advocate.

The linked article provides sources that show Aderall is a crystal meth analog. So are basically incorrect when you imply "therefore crystal meth isn't okay". Aderall and crystal meth are functionally similar. Aderall shows that crystal meth is just fine in certain circumstances and when used in moderation. The countries that have decriminalized drugs offer very strong evidence that crystal meth should be legal. But that won't stop guess-based drug policies such as those you seem to support from being the dominant policies. Of course human rights, like the right to grow and consume any plant god has given us, also give us the right to use any food or drug as we see fit. Just because government don't respect our rights does not mean we don't have them.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I can only support legalizing natural drugs

I grew up in a meth hood nothing good comes from it

Abusing it grips u deep verry deep it's like love youll never forget it and never stop loving most meth addicts who quit will tell u this

I know more on this subject than I am alowed to tell but take my word for it any amphetamine in synthetic form is bad news and the damage can't be fixed u fall in love with it do deep you will kill for it

edit on 12-2-2016 by markovian because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2016 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: centarix

Adderall — prescribed to treat narcolepsy and "attention deficit hyperactivity disorder" (ADHD) in children as young as two — are in fact no different in action from meth. ... In fact, the active ingredients of Adderall are actually 75 percent dextroamphetamine salts; the other 25 percent are other amphetamines.

Source: www.naturalnews.com...

This means a few things. First, that there are probably cases where children may have been helped by crystal meth, making the drug war look like a big pharma scam to get higher pricing on their version of street drugs. Secondly, most of these cases may not have helped children at all and should be put into question. Third, it shows that it is up to us as individuals to determine what does and does not belong in our bodies, as the government does not have the right nor the responsibility to do so. The governments responsibility is to do what we say because of the idea of democracy, not the other way around.

All food and drugs should be regulated only by consumers in the marketplace by voting with their dollars about what is safe and what isn't, which companies are ethical and which are not, and which treat their employees well enough and which don't.

This isn't news. The first time I took it recreationally years ago I was like "WTF they give this # to kids!" My sister (nurse) and I gotten in many a arguments over it because she believes everything Big Pharma tells her.

I was flying for hours. The thing about that stuff is if you don't have add it does the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do. And if you do have Add/adhd you'll be a zombie.

If my child is too creative for a teacher and that teacher says he needs 'help'. I'll promptly tell him/her to suck one.

Experience FTW!
edit on 13-2-2016 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2016 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Crystal Meth has not been legalized in the form of adderall. You are confusing amphedamines with methamphedamin and I see you aren't the only one.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Naturalnews is a source that is frowned upon here. In fact, I think it's thought of worse than that, maybe even banned from here.

Huh? No, not banned at all. *Some* of us even read their site often.

That's all good then. I often read it, but was under the impression we couldn't use it as a source. My bad!!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with either if it is used correctly and made safely, just like all things there are lines for use, misuse, and abuse. Source, Experience w/ having Adult diagnosed ADHD. Giving it to kids the way they do, not good. But I think that might be a product of giving easy instructions to adults, "take X everyday", instead of "take as needed". Problem being with "take as needed" for that is it's a lot harder to recognize when it is needed, a child can tell you about pain in case of pain killers, they might have a harder time knowing/saying they can't focus. I know my levels of focus changes from day to day, and usually know how much I need to do the things that need to get done, like studying. Sometimes 1/4 a pill other days a whole one. It also helps keeping tolerance low, so you don't have to keep increasing dosage like with what happens with kids with it.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

If you believe it is, take a look here.. The people in these pictures "voted with their dollars" just like you advocate.

Nice drug war propaganda. Those people didn't vote though, they didn't get a say in the matter. What do you think effects a drug addict worse, the drugs OR being ostracized, stigmatized by society, family, friends (if they aren't shunned completely by all), malnutrition, high costs of drugs, losing a place to live, sleep, etc -being forced into seedy situations/JAIL, etc.

You have just described all the effects of prohibition, not the drugs themselves. Newsflash, the father of modern surgery was a heroin addict until he died in old age, it was still a burden he carried with him his whole life, still not an amazing thing to be proud of, but some people will just end up being drawn to drugs, or need it in some form or another.

In today's day and age, instead of revolutionizing medicine, he'd just be locked up.

If you actually look into the legitimate research, even the most "dangerous" drugs like meth are not as bad as they are made out to be. You, me, all of us have been fed propaganda from a young age. In fact, amphetamines have been quite popular for a very long time. At some points the use of them was so wide spread it would be hard to find someone who hadn't been taking them regularly.

Everything you know about Meth is wrong.

And don't think today's society is any better. We had heroin and coc aine, hugely popular in patent medicines and tonics, and whatnot, from 1800s to the 1900s, the former of course dates back much longer. Then we had amphetamines and barbiturates, widely popular for the first half of the 1900s. Both stayed pretty strong in use, but barbiturates died off when benzos replaced them. Valium was the leading prescription in the 80s up to 90s, until it switched to Xanax (same family) and we know have something like 50 million scripts for that every year. Amphetamine and methamphetamine were used throughout that time. These things date back to the turn of the century, or close to. Not really popularized till the latter half, but they are old drugs themselves. Housewives would know them as "bennies" and soldiers in both wars, and subsequent wars all had them in their pockets.

The reality is people need drugs. You can dress them up with fancy labels and all that, the reality is the human condition is a pretty difficult reality, and people need drugs to cope with it. If its not from a doctor its from the liquor store, and/or both.

The only people who are truly honest about their needs are treated like criminals. While someone who is "good" and "wholesome" will just have a dozen scripts refilled from their doctor every month, in denial that they are even a drug addict, they simply need "medicine".

It's akin the witch trials of the 1600s. Seriously.
edit on 27-3-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This whole op is largely radicalized. I have been prescribed adderall and did my research before hand (knew more about it than my doctor) which is ridiculous. All you have to do is google meth vs adderall and you'll get an overwhelming response that meth is MUCH MUCH STRONGER than adderall. I don't even necessarily agree with adderall, ritalin, Strattera, etc. Especially should be banned for ppl under 18. Methamphetamine is on a whole different level as far as addictiveness, euphoria, brain mechanism. Adderall can be safely beneficial. If you really want to be a social warrior research how xenoestrogens (pesticides) are de fertilizing our male youth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join