It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity wave announcement live now.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Gah! you say GR is bunk and yet you are using GR to 'prove' your point

You know, its a circular argument right, if you say your anti-grav box is producing gravitational waves, then you are saying that GR exists...

just getting kind of silly now

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433

You know, its a circular argument right, if you say your anti-grav box is producing gravitational waves, then you are saying that GR exists...

rapid changes in time compression curves produces gravitational waves aka time and dark matter waves

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

originally posted by: ErosA433

rapid changes in time compression curves produces gravitational waves aka time and dark matter waves

And what causes the time compression?? Are we to assume its mass?? On second thought never mind I just realized the obsurdity of time compression contradicts known observations. If what you believed were true we would already have invented time travel
edit on 2/16/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
greater the mass greater is the time compression.
time travel is coming, make no mistake
a reply to: dragonridr

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hmm, producing so-called gravity waves is in fact just as simple as receiving them, anyone who has researched this knows it. The problem with that experiment is that a pasing grav-wave will distort the tunnel, the equipment & even the laser beam itself so the net measured result is zero.
So now they seem to have calculated that the .2S burst they got was some kind of wayward signal from some neutron stars that collided X years ago? Wait a minute, gravity travels much faster than light, just ask any astronomer since their math includes 'gravity' as being instant over vast distances.
I'm not saying they (probably) didn't detect a wave, i am saying that what they detected happened seconds ago, not millions of years, and is in no way conclusive of their theories or those of their God Einstein.
Hey i have to go, saving the world is hard work, can't hang around here, LOL
-pwm-

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
exactly imo too gravity waves ought to be longitudinal and rather instant propagation
a reply to: playswithmachines

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

Your confused gravity exists everywhere and is considered infinite. However changes to gravity still propagagte at the speed of light. For example if o pick up a rock and raise it above my head this gravitational effect will be felt throughout the universe though granted incredibly small. Its effects will reach quasars and other galaxies now to asume this happens instantly is silly. Second it would create a universe where gravity fluctions occur constantly meaning you wouldn't even have a constant even here on earth.

And finally gravitational waves in the sense of gravitational radiation cause orbiting bodies to lose angular momentum or masss. Wr need to get thr energy from somewhere.whereas gravitational aberration that must accompany any infinite speed of propagation of gravity from a source to a target would cause orbits to gain angular momentum. So on my example me raising a rock would instantly and increase gravitauonal effects on a distant star in a distant galaxy which would effect angular momentum. This doesn't happen if the sun would disapeared it would take 8 1/2 min for earth to know. Light and gravity would disappear at the same time. Bad day for earth as we would be shot out into the universe 😁

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: InMyShell

Wooohoooo!

Now, I have never been much of a fan of jumping in the sea, but this makes me want to learn to surf! It was only a matter of time (and space) before we figured out how to observe these waves, but now that we have, there are shivers down my spine and my palms are getting clammy. This is but one riser on the stairway to the stars, but it will be instrumental in our future understanding of the way gravity operates.

I am utterly thrilled by this. Fantastic work!
thanks Brit. I haven't tried surfing yet but I stay on the beach.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

greater the mass greater is the time compression.
time travel is coming, make no mistake
a reply to: dragonridr

time travel is achievable now as we have access to seperating realative constants. Bad news is, with those thing required for time travel are fully set in place, the possibilities created will make time travel "kinda weak"

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Interesting, though you will need to elaborate expand on it
a reply to: Godthief

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Interesting, though you will need to elaborate expand on it

these things communicate better face to face but imagine each individual having their own srprate creation and still interacting on a shared plane simultaneously each with their own properties concerning not only geographically or chronologically but the realative aspects of their physical properties as well. I've seen it on a small scale in person both functioning very poorly and very smoothly.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Interesting. you may read the thread in my signature

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines
Hmm, producing so-called gravity waves is in fact just as simple as receiving them, anyone who has researched this knows it. The problem with that experiment is that a pasing grav-wave will distort the tunnel, the equipment & even the laser beam itself so the net measured result is zero.
So now they seem to have calculated that the .2S burst they got was some kind of wayward signal from some neutron stars that collided X years ago? Wait a minute, gravity travels much faster than light, just ask any astronomer since their math includes 'gravity' as being instant over vast distances.
I'm not saying they (probably) didn't detect a wave, i am saying that what they detected happened seconds ago, not millions of years, and is in no way conclusive of their theories or those of their God Einstein.
Hey i have to go, saving the world is hard work, can't hang around here, LOL
-pwm-

Everything you said is wrong.

Everything. Thats quite an achievement.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join