It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiorina Ends Bid for Republican Nomination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Good ole' NPR with news of the hour.

Sounds like Carly Fiorina is throwing in the towel - and yet, still wants to travel the country to fight for those who refuse to settle for the way things are.

Fiorina was an unconventional candidate. Her only previous political effort had been a 10-point loss in a race for U.S. Senate in California, and her tenure at Hewlett-Packard was most notable for her being fired by the board of directors after an unsuccessful merger with Compaq.

Thanks Carly - you're making a real difference (winky face + sarcastic smirk) www.npr.org...

Here is a more complete quote of what Fiorina said in her statement:

"While I suspend my candidacy today, I will continue to travel this country and fight for those Americans who refuse to settle for the way things are and a status quo that no longer works for them," said Fiorina

Funny enough, when I was looking for additional sources one of the top links that came up was this (posted 19 hours ago):

Carly SURGES in latest New Hampshire poll

Carly Fiorina has surged 5 points in the latest New Hampshire poll—the fastest growth out of any candidate running. Carly’s now squarely in 6th place, and in a statistical tie for 2nd place.

www.carlyforpresident.com...

Now when will some of these other bozos get the picture? Not that I'm happy with who'll be left.

Carson next? Time will tell
edit on 10-2-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

So, are you voting for a GOP candidate?

If not, I'm not sure why you are complaining/celebrating (not sure which)?

I grew up with NPR and my understanding of the world was dramatically expanded when I began to explore other "news" outlets.
edit on 10-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Nope, I voted for the Democratic candidate here in NH last night. Just providing an update on Carly Fiorina with my own little commentary

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Weren't there two Democratic candidates?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Actually there were a lot more than that - what I meant by my comment was that I chose to cast my ballot for the Democratic Nomination

I counted 28 candidates on there (note Candidate #4 on the list, Vermin Supreme - if you haven't heard of him do a search when you have a minute. Might give ya a chuckle)
edit on 10-2-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Just taking the piss.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'm voting for Zoltan, the transhumanist candidate for real change.

Zoltan Istvan

TRANSHUMANIST BILL OF RIGHTS

Presented to the United States Capitol on December 14, 2015 by Zoltan Istvan, founder and US Presidential candidate of the Transhumanist Party

Preamble: Whereas science and technology are now radically changing human beings and may also create future forms of advanced sapient and sentient life, transhumanists establish this TRANSHUMANIST BILL OF RIGHTS to help guide and enact sensible policies in the pursuit of life, liberty, security of person, and happiness.

Article 1. Human beings, sentient artificial intelligences, cyborgs, and other advanced sapient life forms are entitled to universal rights of ending involuntary suffering, making personhood improvements, and achieving an indefinite lifespan via science and technology.

Article 2. Under penalty of law, no cultural, ethnic, or religious perspectives influencing government policy can impede life extension science, the health of the public, or the possible maximum amount of life hours citizens possess.

Article 3. Human beings, sentient artificial intelligences, cyborgs, and other advanced sapient life forms agree to uphold morphological freedom—the right to do with one’s physical attributes or intelligence (dead, alive, conscious, or unconscious) whatever one wants so long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else.

Article 4. Human beings, sentient artificial intelligences, cyborgs, and other advanced sapient life forms will take every reasonable precaution to prevent existential risk, including those of rogue artificial intelligence, asteroids, plagues, weapons of mass destruction, bioterrorism, war, and global warming, among others.

Article 5. All nations and their governments will take all reasonable measures to embrace and fund space travel, not only for the spirit of adventure and to gain knowledge by exploring the universe, but as an ultimate safeguard to its citizens and transhumanity should planet Earth become uninhabitable or be destroyed.

Article 6. Involuntary aging shall be classified as a disease. All nations and their governments will actively seek to dramatically extend the lives and improve the health of its citizens by offering them scientific and medical technologies to overcome involuntary aging.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Wait...who?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Wait...who?

Resting Bitch Face. She was some ceo or something at Hewlitt Packard when they laid off like 30,000 people.
She still kept her millions.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I guess the words of Madeleine Albright didn't apply to Carly Fiorina? If female voters had stepped up, Clinton and Fiorina would have won in NH.

“There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women."

That special place in hell will be overflowing now.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Great!

Now there are no women running for president!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Interesting choice - it's nice to know under his plan we at least have the OPTION of becoming a cyborg. I haven't heard any other candidates mentioning this

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There are numerous women running for president if you look at other parties.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Interesting choice - it's nice to know under his plan we at least have the OPTION of becoming a cyborg. I haven't heard any other candidates mentioning this

Indeed, I think it's a transhuman right.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

No, I'm pretty sure that was only for women who didn't support Clinton.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That's too bad. She was so upbeat and cheerful. You'd think her bubbly personality would have carried her farther.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Can I have a mega-strong gorilla robot body?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I will fight for the rights of the undermodified!

(notice that I didn't answer your question)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Wait! You said "undermodified," not unmodified. Does that mean the unmodified will be left out in the cold?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: DBCowboy

There are numerous women running for president if you look at other parties.

But everyone will go to hell if we vote for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join