It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you confident you know what happens after you die? (Non-religious replies preferred.)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Literally nobody "knows" and if they tell you they do... be it "I'm going to heaven" or "you just rot in the ground" then they're just guessing and it's just their opinion.

Everyone, whether Atheist or Religious, has their own ideas and thoughts etc on what happens I'm sure, but most non-religious people aren't fixated with the afterlife or god or whatever and feel that this is the world, this is your chance right now here on earth... don't waste it.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
I personally think we are energy, therefore we can't be created nor destroyed. Once we die we become something else, whether we know it or not...well do you remember being inside a star at one point in time?

From my point of view even the body you are using to be aware of this place is only energy manifested on a probability field that decides what form it will take. Change the probability field and the electron go somewhere else in the double slit experiment. Living organism seem to have the same probability field as thing that seem to be non sentient in near absolute zero temperature.

Science quantifying the unknown.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The most basic of scientific principles and understanding explain it.

Once electrical charges stop firing in the brain, you are dead, that's it. Everything that once constituted your personality, what the religious like to call soul or spirit, is gone forever.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Well I don't believe we just stop being but no, I'm not confident that my belief is correct.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Infinite black silence, you won't know a thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

you was dead billions of years before you was born. probably just go back to that

i was never inconvenienced in that down time myself, im sure it wont be an inconvenience when i die.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The true answer is no one really knows. However, everyone have a belief or a theory that comforts them. I myself am not very religious. However, someone once close to me shared a theory of what life is and what happens when we die and I subscribe somewhat to that theory. This person told me that our soul exists in a place somewhere, where there is no time or substance. They exists as energy and thoughts, each souls can reach out through thoughts to a infinite realities so that they can escape from their emptiness to experience something more. Our bodies in this reality are just vessels that act like remote receivers that our souls can occupy to experience this reality. Our soul can experience multiple realities and once our bodies dies in this one, it's experience will just switches or merge into another reality in another body. Sometime the experience of a reality is so intense that impression of that life experience is temporary transfer to the next body giving us an impression of reincarnation. But believe in what ever comforts you, because until we cross to the other side we can't truly answer this question.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I am.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

You don't have to believe anything. Kind of 'one sided' to raise doubts about it if you haven't.

Once you experience something ethereal yourself, its no longer about belief.

Read the post right before your reply to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The problems with this question are

No one knows and we all want to believe, which probably clouds our rational judgement.in tormenting a response

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Even though I have had experiences that leave me with confidence that we go on minus our body after we die, I have no confidence I understand what the reality is.

Do you know the answer?

Your Eyes.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

That train of thought would mean that every single person who has died (and been brought back) or been near death would have reported some sort of experience.

Thats presumptive as well. Maybe they don't want to talk about it. Maybe they themselves are in denial of what they experienced. Maybe their memory was blocked, repressed memories are real enough. Maybe they think they will be laughed out the room for retelling.

M brother lived in a haunted house for years. I house sat for him for five days once and every day bizarre stuff happened that added up to convince me of this. To me it was obvious.

I tried to tell him but He remained in denial about it even though he experienced the same things. Eventually he sold a perfectly good home he sunk a ton of money into at a loss for 'no apparent reason', completely out of character for him.

Now, he's a churchian, believes any / all phenomenon are of the devil. Locked into linear thinking, can't discuss the reality of what he also experienced during the years he lived there. Go figure.

Further, If you asked him has he ever experienced paranormal phenomenon, he'd tell you no. I know differently.
edit on 9-2-2016 by intrptr because: Further,

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I can't tell you the answers, no one else can either. But I do have "ideas"

I like to think of the moment of death as almost a psychedelic experience. If indeed the brain releases large amounts of dimethyltriptamine then perhaps the moment of death stretches for an eternity. time dissolves and "heaven or hell" is simply how your mind reacts.

Bad person, bad trip=hell

good person, good trip=heaven

does that make sense?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

No one knows the answer. Any confidence in this matter is feigned because there is no one that has truly died and told anyone about what it's like.

However, I can tell you that my body will decompose into its base parts which will then filter back into nature and go to produce new lifeforms. So that's pretty cool.
edit on 9-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I do not claim to know about life after death. What i do know is your brain will "missfire" as its shutting down causing you to experience something new just before death. Like seeing "god" "heavan" "angels" ect.

My take on it is there is nothing afterlife.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I suppose nothing truly "dies." energy is just recycled. "Someday somehow you will die and someone's gonna steal your carbon"

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Everyone knows the answer but is too scared or too dull to admit it. We have cadaver farms for this very purpose. Others can observe what happens to us from the moment of death until we are nothin but bones.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Literally nobody "knows"...

originally posted by: denybedoomed
I can't tell you the answers, no one else can either.

originally posted by: joemoe
The true answer is no one really knows.

originally posted by: OpenEars123
Infinite black silence, you won't know a thing.

The vast majority of social conditioning that we have been spoon fed by the controlling cabal our entire lives via the MSM & academia agrees.

On the other hand, the vast majority of those who experience an NDE DISAGREE.

It's clearly obvious who has the stealth agenda and who doesn't.

The biggest mystery for me is why so many are falling for what is clearly propaganda masquerading as fact.

Like I said on page one, people die and come back with undeniable proof on a daily basis...

Just because we don't see them on the six o'clock news doesn't mean they don't happen either.

The fact that we DON'T see this reported on the mainstream "news" tells me it is in fact based on reality.

Far too many NDE's have been corroborated...

Ritchie's NDE is in a class of its own. You will find his experience to be one of the most profound NDEs ever documented. His NDE is also one of the most important cases of "NDE veridical perception" which are NDE out-of-body observations later verified by third-parties. During his NDE, Ritchie traveled out of his body for a distance of thousands of miles where he observed detailed events later verified to be true.

Dr. George Ritchie's Near-Death Experience

Here are three others:

Colton Burpo's case for example, he died and met his own unborn sister that no one had ever told him about. George Rodonaia and Betty Malz are two other examples.

I know of several reports by patients in my practice, and I have spoken to neurosurgeons who have had patients with experiences that can be confirmed. Indeed, about 20 percent of NDE's are corroborated, which means that there are independent ways of checking about the veracity of the experience. The patients knew of things that they could not have known except by extraordinary perception -- such as describing details of surgery that they watched while their heart was stopped, etc.

Near-Death Experiences

edit on Feb000000Tue, 09 Feb 2016 13:05:43 -06001pm29Tue, 09 Feb 2016 13:05:43 -060020160509 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

There is zero tangible, verifiable, or testable evidence to support claims of a soul or afterlife so I do not believe in such things.
I know my physical body will be buried with a tree planted on top. I know that my body will decompose and provide nutrients to the tree and worms etc. I am quite happy with that.
I leave worrying about unsubstantiated claims of an afterlife to others if they wish, I prefer to enjoy the life I know I'm living now, for as long as it turns out to last.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Indeed but they don't know.
What happens in the brain and what your mind creates and filters does not make a truth, it may make an individuals own truth or experience but that does not equate to it being a certain objective fact for everybody.

So again... nobody "knows" what awaits us (or not) after we die - they just don't.
All the talk of angels, seeing a light, seeing dead relatives etc... it's all very pleasant and lovely and comforting but there's only one way each of us will ever know.

It's similar to how many, many alien abductees all tell mostly identical stories and share many, many common themes and similarities in their "abduction"

I've had my share of weirdness and experiences - I'm technically an atheist or more accurately an Agnatheist, because the God side of it doesn't ever enter my thinking, I just do not believe at all in any of the religious stuff and there's nothing to suggest to me that there is a God that created everything and so on and so forth.
But every single human being ponders their mortality and obviously at some point considers what happens when they shuffle off this mortal coil.

edit on 9/2/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join