It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you confident you know what happens after you die? (Non-religious replies preferred.)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

This just about sums it up for me

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
I just do not believe at all in any of the religious stuff...

Good on you mate...

Neither does God BTW so your in good company.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Are you confident you know what happens after you die? (Non-religious replies preferred.)

I have witnessed for myself what happens after the body is no longer viable; it recycles (continues to recycle), it rots back into the Earth!
This is not mere wishful 'theory' but observable (by all) evidence!
Actually it appears to be the only 'evidentiary theory'.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Even though I have had experiences that leave me with confidence that we go on minus our body after we die, I have no confidence I understand what the reality is.

Do you know the answer?

I hope your right, i have no idea either.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm confident there is something. I'm also confident I have no idea of the specifics.

Always thought that it took more faith to believe that when you die it's all over personally.

This of course being just my opinion but for me even the small amount of existence I have experienced leads me to believe in something more than just living and dying in the physical realm.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I totally agree, the evidence for this is just plain massive.

I posted some of it yesterday on the previous page and I find it rather telling that not a single star is on that post.

Instead, someone replied that nobody "knows"...

Two minutes in any search engine completely destroys that idea BTW.

All one has to do is search for corroborated NDE or veridical perception...

Maria was a migrant worker who had a severe heart attack while visiting friends in Seattle. She was rushed to Harborview Hospital and placed in the coronary care unit. A few days later, she had a cardiac arrest but was rapidly resuscitated. The following day, Clark visited her. Maria told Clark that during her cardiac arrest she was able to look down from the ceiling and watch the medical team at work on her body.

At one point in this experience, said Maria, she found herself outside the hospital and spotted a tennis shoe on the ledge of the north side of the third floor of the building. She was able to provide several details regarding its appearance, including the observations that one of its laces was stuck underneath the heel and that the little toe area was worn. Maria wanted to know for sure whether she had “really” seen that shoe, and she begged Clark to try to locate it.

Quite skeptical, Clark went to the location described by Maria—and found the tennis shoe. From the window of her hospital room, the details that Maria had recounted could not be discerned. But upon retrieval of the shoe, Clark confirmed Maria’s observations. “The only way she could have had such a perspective,” said Clark, “was if she had been floating right outside and at very close range to the tennis shoe. I retrieved the shoe and brought it back to Maria; it was very concrete evidence for me.”

www.salon.com...

I will never forget the look on the surgeon’s face when I told him that I went through the OBE phenomenon during the operation. I then asked the surgeon whether he was sitting on a green stool with a white top on it. He replied yes. He then said, “But you could not have seen that from where you were lying on the operating table.” I then said to him that I did not see that from where I was lying, but that I had seen it from where I was detached from my body looking down from above during this NDE phenomenon. This remark caused an even stranger look on his face

An additional factor that makes these accounts so extraordinary is that each of the aforementioned subjects describe viewing both themselves and others from a perspective impossible with normal visual perception. Long and Perry have noted that nearly all subjects report having greater than 360 degree vision. As they explain, “… NDErs often report spherical, three-dimensional visual awareness simultaneously in all directions—forward, backward, right, left, above, and below”.

Researchers Kenneth Ring and Sharon Cooper have termed this “omnidirectional awareness”, and describe this phenomena in the following interview:

I could see everything. And I do mean everything! I could see the light on the ceiling, and the underside of the stretcher. I could see the tiles on the ceiling and the tiles on the floor, simultaneously. Three hundred and sixty degree spherical vision. And not just spherical. Detailed! I could see every single hair and follicle out of which it grew on the head of the nurse standing beside the stretcher. At the time I knew exactly how many hairs there were to look at.

www.nderf.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: corvuscorrax
Two minutes in any search engine completely destroys that idea BTW.

A further two minutes in any search engine trying to get a balanced response could also come up with this:

How to Have a Near Death Experience

It's funny how science has validated something that has existed as a topic among spiritualists, but because the validation didn't confirm their preconceived beliefs on what was happening during NDE's, it is ignored.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I don't think any of us will know, well, until we know.
I search often for something, anything that will give me the answers that i seek. I have found nothing "concrete" other than faith.
I wonder if that is just something to keep us "humored" so that we don't just go crazy?
My search is from a personal place where my Mom left me suddenly and seemed so, it's hard to explain, but, so uneasy with death. She fought some and didn't seem ready or that it was going to be a good, rainbow, floating on the clouds type of passing...
There was so much left unsaid and I think that holding on to the "idea" that I will see her again (NOT reincarnation but, really seeing her and knowing her like in heaven) is what makes it bearable, for me...
Whatever it is, I don't care so much for me...except I would love the opportunity to say those things that, so often, we don't get the opportunity to say...
I am not sure if I hope we carry on or not...personally...for myself....

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
When you die?

You get recycled. Everything, even the energy in your brain.

In a more esoteric sense, whatever your "essence" is also gets dumped back in with the source it came out of, mixed around and poured back into the world as someone or something else. Not really reincarnation...as that implies distinct separation between people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join