It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight Video of Russia's SR-10 Forward Swept Wing Trainer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I posted before about what had been thought to be the Su-52, but it turned out to be the SR-10.

This time, the video isn't 'mine' and its not just a quick flyby. This is a composite of the outside, the cockpit and even some of the cameras attached to various places on the aircraft, probably for telemetry.

I find the SR-10 interesting because it seems to be an answer looking for a question. The Su-47 Berkut isn't going into production and there doesn't seem to be a need for a forward swept wing trainer. Perhaps they intend it to be for acrobatics? IDK. It just doesn't seem to fit with what we know about what the Russians have planned.

Unless, perhaps, the Russians are reconsidering the Berkut after the problems they've been suffering from the PAK-FA...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
great video! ive always like the looks of forward swept wings.
the germans were playing around with this during the war with their jet engines
and i think all working models went to the soviet union after the war.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Unless, perhaps, the Russians are reconsidering the Berkut after the problems they've been suffering from the PAK-FA...

Would make sense playing with a known tech and maturing it rather than try leap into it.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Except the Berkut was never meant to be a front line fighter. It was meant to be the equivalent of the X-29, a testbed or x plane. That'd mean more changes in tech.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Great Video. I noticed the pilot never pulled his landing gear up which must have been for just a short flight. They weren't worried about the drag factor of it. Interesting design and most likely a test bed. My best,

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

A lot of the first flights I've seen they don't bother to. It's a flight to make sure it flies, doesn't have unexpected characteristics, and performs somewhat like they expected. Then on the second flight they'll start doing things like retraction and extension of the gear, the flaps, and all that fun stuff.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
First flights are always gear down in case something happens and they have to put it down in a hurry.Also if there was a hyd failure on the first flight you wont be able to extend to land.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

The MRJ locked the flaps and gear to keep them from moving on the first flight.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Thanks. Not often I see a plane I haven't heard about before. Those Russians don't mess around when it comes to fasteners.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A bit more info on the SR-10:

rbth.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Those Russians don't mess around when it comes to fasteners.

Those god awful ones that standard bits dont fit..

top topics

join