It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason I stopped posting on ATS

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Owl soup, I wonder how that taste , if it makes me going on for one night , I say hell post that recipe again. ..

For the changes around here, I also see things shifting over time, but I mostly think that everything changes over time..

I can't even recall my own threads that are removed by mods.
Sometimes I asked for it because they were already posted or just not contributed any significant and valued point.

Then I rather saw it land in the trashcan then to see it floating around here .

But that's me and I'm not you..
Don't let your voice down just because some moderator trashed your thread or post.. remember everything gets logged and reviewed. .

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: anxietydisorder

Do say a word about Sandy Hook.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I like the new look on here.

I think that members should have the ability to change their home page. Some days the same threads are on the home page for days.. I think if one could delete posts that they don't like off their home page, they might come around more often. It would remove the "crazy" from your page and make ATS a more enjoyable experience.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxietydisorder
In one thread about who the owners of the site were (when they kept that secret), I identified them ...

... like Sandy Hook.

So...You enjoy threads attacking the grieving parents of murdered children claiming they are evil actors for the federal government in some false flag operation? Telling them that their dead child is part of a hoax they are conspiring about?

And then you decide to make a thread sharing names and personal information about the Mods?

Maybe ATS just doesn't like Chronic A-Holes? ...Not so mysterious IMO.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I completely agree... I think they started to capitalize on the ad revenue and now need to keep close tabs on the content so they don't piss off/offend/alienate any of their sponsors... typical money hungry bull#. this WAS a great site, now all it seems like is mods shouting down any and all posts

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

That actually makes a lot of sense and would explain a lot that otherwise makes little sense here on ATS...

And from the advertisers standpoint, it kills two birds with one stone.

Not only would it increase their bottom line, it also would control what they deem undesirable content.

Basically, it gives them full control of what goes on here...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I lurked here for years before posting. The only difference I see, is the skepticism. Someone makes a thread, and mostly it is instantly shot down by two or three posters before anyone gets a reply in. I think that’s why it’s turned so political. There is no disputing current events, so the skeptics can talk about that and contribute.

It’s still the best “alternative news” forum, as I wouldn’t call it a “conspiracy forum”, more a skeptic forum.

It’s still great, it still has some really good posters who do some great contributions. I’m also liking the new homepage. So it’s not all bad.

I don’t think ATS can change the “type” of new members it receives, which is what has changed the most IMO. The prejudice from many posters here has really surprised me.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

We are free to discuss all other events in which large amounts of people died but not Sandy Hook? Does claiming 9-11 was a false flag (for example) hurt those who lost loved ones less than debating what happened at Sandy Hook? Just because children were involved the topic is some how taboo? What about other school shootings?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: skoalman88
a reply to: Indigo5

We are free to discuss all other events in which large amounts of people died but not Sandy Hook? Does claiming 9-11 was a false flag (for example) hurt those who lost loved ones less than debating what happened at Sandy Hook?

The difference between 9-11 conspiracy and Sandy Hook..is that no one is denying that 9-11 happened or that the family members who lost people in that tragedy are lying and are actually actors hired by the government.

Sandy Hook parents have actually received repeated trolling...emails, calls etc. by raving conspiracy theorists accusing them of lying about their child being dead.

It is effen horrific in my strong opinion.

James Tracy, who taught a course chock-full of conspiracy theories at Florida Atlantic University, reportedly harassed parents of a Sandy Hook child, demanding proof of his death.

www.thedailybeast.com...

A Twitter troll is harassing the family of a Sandy Hook victim
www.washingtonpost.com...< br />
edit on 10-2-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: fixed broken link

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You can probably make a rather nifty case about the theory of a fake incident.....without being a boorish jerk to the parents who lost their little children.

The part that you think they didn't lose children......that's the part that you need to just keep to yourself. That's where you become a decent, adult, communicator.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I would also think that harassing a parent about their loss of a child, completely demeaning and insulting their child and loss......could easily get somebody killed. This level of despair could easily make somebody not care a whole lot about what comes after.

Good that it hasn't happened yet.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I cannot help but roll my eyes at claims of ATS going "downhill", when the entire site is a result of the members who contribute. To state that ATS is going downhill, at least to me, seems more like criticizing yourself and all of us as a collective, as we are what drives the content.

If we all feel that there is too much politics on ATS...then the solution is we reduce the interest we show and the frequency we post those things.

Just my 2 cents...but the only solution here is to be the change you want to see. Otherwise we all keep discussing the same type of content and bring nothing new to the table.

*shrugs*

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

i dont post as you can see, i just like to see the job you guys are doing, as i have persoanl interests in aliens and paranormal. im too busy and would not generate posts as good as you fellow members.

What site is good nowadays of this nature ?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i visit like twice a year now and abandoned my other accounts, too much control over everything thats said and certain little cliques of members ganging up on everyone else.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
With that star to post ratio, you obviously beat the game already. No need to play further.

Meh.

Guy's a rank amateur.

Harte

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxietydisorder
This was such a fantastic forum in the past, but the number of mods started to grow. Everything started to be scrutinized, including threads in "Cooking" if you posted a recipe for owl soup. In one thread about who the owners of the site were (when they kept that secret), I identified them because it was public information and I used deductive reasoning on their post history. That certainly turned into a storm, but it was the moderators of the day that were promoting the thread with votes and replies. When the truth was actually told though, the doors were slammed shut on a popular thread that vanished like a lot of other threads do.

But it's also that every change in the site was a step in the wrong direction, a direction that drove a lot of the older members away. ATS wanted fluff and BS conspiracy stuff only, and now I see some of that isn't even permitted, like Sandy Hook.

I've been a member here for a long time, and contributed a lot, but the rules became too much. A drama of internal politics took the joy out of the site, and that's sad.

I still come by and take a look to see how things are going, but I hope you loosen up a little, I'd like to become a regular contributor again.

Don't leave Anxiety! You're one of the old schoolers! We can't just leave the site we help build just because it's going a different direction! I don't post on here, maybe once every 2-3 years, but I do lurk from time to time.

Just hang in there! It will get better!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong and I do not intend to hurt your feelings, but your threads are completely boring!

Yes, I'm an as*hole.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well, just like every other site, when a site becomes well known it attracts a lot of people, which means the quality usually drops. It happened on Slashdot, on Reddit, on ATS.

Even the quality of conspiracy-related posts dropped.

It's also the fact that internet conspiracies are no longer exciting, and many things have been debunked.

That's ok though, ATS remains a bit entertaining, good enough for a couple of visits per week.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I remember back in 2010 through 2012, it was a time in which every topic on ats had 1min last reply, 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. When I say every topic, I mean every topic all the way down the list of every forum. I come back after 4 years and it seems like the only topics are current events and political matters. I came here to be on the UFO forum and all I see is 9 hours ago, December of last year October of last year as well as other forums that use to be lit up like a Christmas tree on ats

But I guess 50 mods banning 50 people per month during the course of 4 years is why to me its gone down hill from 4 years ago…I guess I can say those were the good old days when traffic was 150% up on all topics and the reply time on every subject was beyond priceless for a forum.

I don’t know what as happened in the last 4 years on this site, but I will say from the time I was here to what im seeing now, ats has gone down 83% on every field of the mega super power it once was.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join