It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman says she was feet away when shots killed Oregon occupier Finicum.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: beyondtruth

Leave this topic to Professionals...

Sure while we're at it why don't we all just curl up and never have another informed opinion about anything again.

Great idea!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There's a pretty obvious theme running in the USA, don't challenge the Government over its authority to rule else it will come down on you like a freight train. If you decide to challenge it then expect to get executed..its pretty simple.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartlordsupreme
a reply to: FamCore

yeah cmon wake up guys
the "the official story" is rarely true so we should throw logic, common sense, and our own observations right out the window when they confirm that story because clearly weve gone insane

You do know, don't you, that it perfectly acceptable for law enforcement to lie to the public. And yet, if you, a member of the public, lie to them, you will be charged.
What sort of law and order government does things like that? If they feel perfectly free to lie to the public, what's to prevent them from telling the same lies to the media to spread out through the country and world.
I can tell you here and now that my friends in Russia are in shock. Even new KGB doesn't pull stuff like that and put it on tv.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite
Thanks for posting that. If there is a professional investigative journalist left in the world who has seen the decades of lies and deception by all levels of government, Jim Marrs would certainly fit the bill!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: schuyler

Her story changes more than I change my underwear.

Well your underwear must really stink then
Cause your story stink also

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondtruth

The article then goes into an interview by CNN with Victoria Sharp, an 18 girl who claims she was in the car with LaVoy Finicum at that fateful roadblock.

She seems very adamant that LaVoy Finicum was unjustly killed by police and she bravely says that she will continue supporting the cause of those leading the stand-off.

Most interesting in this article is that during the interview they actually have Victoria Sharp watch the video from the helicopter during the police chase and aftermath. The interviewers pose questions to Victoria Sharp asking her point of view based on the official narrative released by the FBI statement.

I would suggest the purpose of getting her to watch the video and ask her questions is to give the prosecutors and cops time to build their story so she will be portrayed as a liar or an unreliable witness so they can completely discredit here when she goes into court.

Sad and bad mistake on her part I'm afraid but its what happens without a lawyer on your side, or, a lwayer who is working for the opposition as what happend when a 29 year old bloke with an intellectual age of 13 years, confessed to shooting 37 people in the state of Tasmania in Australia in April of 1996.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Typical state sanctioned propaganda to cover up and distort the facts - one being that LaVoy Finicum was murdered by US law enforcement officers. They can however redeem themselves and prove me wrong by releasing the audio and any body camera footage of the event.

I agree. And ANY action against that vehicle would prove they are dealing with a bunch of overzealous , vengeful police officers , etc.Seems like more and more they are going at this like they are the judge , jury , and executioners .This has happened waaaaayyyy too many times in the last few years.
Peace.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The sound could potentially sound like gunfire from inside the vehicle and to the untrained ear, one flash bang could literally sound like a dozen different explosions because of the echoing nature of the environment they were in.

As far as what would have been distinguishable from one thing to the next it is difficult to say because I cannot assess the witnesses level of understanding and knowledge of these devices.

Thank you. That's what I was trying to discern, if maybe Victoria could have mistaken the explosion of the flashbang with multiple gunfire. I didn't even think about the echoes.

I would venture to say that there is at least one other video/audio account from ground level, most likely a dash cam, and as for why it has not been released I would say that the only reason that we have the video we have now is because of the potential for all out bedlam and rioting based on some of the early theories coming out about what happened.

I don't think they're tryng to protect the public. You have far more faith in the authorities than I do! (But we both knew that already, eh?) I had wondered if perhaps audio would reveal identities of officers involved, or something else that couldn't be released yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I would suggest the purpose of getting her to watch the video and ask her questions is to give the prosecutors and cops time to build their story so she will be portrayed as a liar or an unreliable witness so they can completely discredit here when she goes into court.

I think you're right. I've read that article three times, and the whole thing seemed very contrived to me, I just couldn't figure out why. But I should have known better because I've seen it happen before. TV interviews will be used to discredit you in a court of law.

ETA: Oddly enough, now that I think about it, it was also a CNN interview that was used to discredit a witness... didn't work, but they sure tried.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So to me, as an investigator, I would argue that while I believe that this young lady believes everything that she is saying, that she could be missing some information that she might not have seen or forgotten in the terror in those crucial seconds after the vehicle came to a stop and LaVoy Finicum was shot. Remember she is a young girl, only 18, and is likely unaware how the brain works in traumatic situations. I take nothing away from her statements as she seems to have her head on her shoulders and is a brave young lady for standing up for what she believes.

I want to add a few notes. Victoria had just finished her EMT training recently. Shawna mentions this as well. Victoria was screaming in the truck that she was an EMT and wanted to help LaVoy after he dropped to the snow but the truck was being peppered with gunfire and she could not.

Shawna stated she kept trying to hold Victoria's head down as all of this was happening after (at least, if not since the first stop) LaVoy got out of the vehicle but Victoria kept popping up to see what was happening.

edit on 3-2-2016 by tweetie because: added words for clarity.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I believe it was Nevada Rep Michelle Fiore who said Lisa Bundy called her and claimed that Ammon (her husband) had told her that Mr. Finicum was on his knees. At least that's how it was reported if I'm remembering right.

You are correct. It wasn't Victoria or Shawna that stated this.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Shawna stated she was "pretty sure" LaVoy had his bullet proof vest on. If he did it helps to explain a few things.
edit on 3-2-2016 by tweetie because: changed the word 'believed' to 'pretty sure' to be more precise.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
In my opinion, if I was an Officer in that situation, I would've shot Finicum as well...

But, one thing that is really odd to me, is why it looks like the Law Enforcer that comes "out of nowhere" (from the trees) is wearing a short-sleeved shirt? It doesn't take a genius to tell you it's cold there... Why would someone walk around without a jacket or something?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
In my opinion, if I was an Officer in that situation, I would've shot Finicum as well...

Why would you shoot someone who was surrendering with their hands up?
Hey kid.... PLEASE don't become a police officer!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sharp said Thursday that as soon as the vehicle hit the snow bank, she heard shots hit the truck.

This is all we need to know, and confirms what we see in the video....

It's also clear in the vid they where shooting at LaVoy Finicum before he gets out of the truck...

It's murder case closed!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out...

edit on 3-2-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Luckily we both, wise old man that you are and inexperienced young kid that I am, can only speculate what we would've done in the same situation. It's so easy to sit behind a computer screen and watch something in slow motion over and over and dissect the would've, could've and should've....

Mkay.

edit on 3/2/2016 by Gemwolf because: Sp

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

From your analysis:

Sharp: "He had his hands up," Sharp said. "He was shouting that if they were going to shoot, then just shoot him. I remember him saying that if they shoot him, it's an innocent man's blood on their hands."

I'm not hearing Sharp saying anything like this: "I remember him saying that if they shoot him, it's an innocent man's blood on their hands."

I've watched that interview three times and it's not there. Am I missing something?

I appreciate what you've done!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

From your analysis:

Sharp: "He had his hands up," Sharp said. "He was shouting that if they were going to shoot, then just shoot him. I remember him saying that if they shoot him, it's an innocent man's blood on their hands."

I'm not hearing Sharp saying anything like this: "I remember him saying that if they shoot him, it's an innocent man's blood on their hands."

I've watched that interview three times and it's not there. Am I missing something?

I pulled that quote from the interview transcript. There were a few things in the transcript that I did not see in the interview but then again I was having some issues with the video playback. My guess is CNN is probably building up the interview by showing parts of it but holding the entire video interview for one of their prime time shows.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

From your analysis:

I pulled that quote from the interview transcript. There were a few things in the transcript that I did not see in the interview but then again I was having some issues with the video playback. My guess is CNN is probably building up the interview by showing parts of it but holding the entire video interview for one of their prime time shows.

Cheers

Oh, wow!! I will check the transcript. This is the first time I'm learning of that specific statement attributed to LaVoy after he said statements concerning, "Shoot me!", after exiting the vehicle at the road block. Shawna never recounted anything like that either but I haven't heard her third interview yet. She did recount LaVoy's words telling the officers to shoot him but couldn't understand why LaVoy said that.

Thank you!!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
In another thread, the other woman in that truck reported that there were a hundred shots taken at the truck as it plowed into the snow bank and that Finnicum jumped from the car to draw fire away from those in the truck. Yet this young woman makes not mention of those shots at all.

Also was it not one of the women who on the first night reported that Finnicum was on his knees in surrender when he was shot. That was one of the first rumors to emerge from the whole thing, before the video was available.

Yes I read that don't think she realized video was going to be released.

By the way here is an video I don't think many saw where it is explained what happened prior to the video that was released. Its from mark mcConnell and he tells a different story. He talks about lavoy charging law enforcement.
www.rawstory.com...
edit on 2/3/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join