It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans say Trump fundraiser uses them as ‘political props’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

You think Trump will produce something to show 100% of it went to charities that will benefit vets?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I do too, but they should have already gotten something nice. They put their lives on the line for their country and the country doesn't seem to want to return the favor. It's disgusting in my opinion, there should be no need for a fundraiser.

These people are struggling all while the ones who put them in this situation are rolling in cash. Absolutely disgusting and embarrassing in my opinion.

link   
a reply to: interupt42

Trump, who has a loud mouth himself, mocking the disabled, women, Mexicans, and so on, feels that Fox is unfair to him and targets Kelly after she read back his tweets during a debate. Trump, who has twice retweeted racist tweets can't take a negative tweet from Fox News and declares he will skip the debate. Typical bully who can't take what he dished out. He's running.

Btw, I am against Fox News and always will be.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm a Vet, 20 years. I am not offended at all. Not all vets speak for all vets.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah thats the trump and despite all that, his POll have gone up.

Trump has the liberty to not care what he says nor even hold himself acountable to trump 1 second of the past. Hence he has no fear of Megan Kelly. This is just a pr stunt

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Clearly people love a bully, that's never changed.

It's of my opinion he's a bully who doesn't like it when anyone says anything negative about him and when that happens he takes his ball and goes home.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

It's of my opinion he's a bully who doesn't like it when anyone says anything negative about him

Agreed

and when that happens he takes his ball and goes home.

Not so sure about that. From what I have seen he speaks up and says some nasty things.

Like I said I don't like the guy but I don't see how or why he would be afraid to go against Megan Kelly , who really isn't that good of a virtual journalist.

Now if it was Ben Swann who actually has some insight and not twitter investigating than maybe

edit on 26131America/ChicagoThu, 28 Jan 2016 20:26:48 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You think Trump will produce something to show 100% of it went to charities that will benefit vets?

It's the law...He damn well better be transparent.

I just think Trump wouldn't steal money from our Vets.

I am still going to pay close attention. He said he gave a million.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

When was that? Because we have other sources saying in the past five years he has given just over 75k from his foundation.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

If he wasn't afraid of Kelly then he would be at the debates. Instead he was butthurt and ran away. No respect and definitely not presidential material but yet his supporters swoon over every move he makes no matter what it is. Sad state of affairs for US politics and that's really saying something.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Sad state of affairs for US politics and that's really saying something.

Its been that way for numerous decades and the consequence of that is SADLY TRUMP.

edit on 07131America/ChicagoThu, 28 Jan 2016 21:07:38 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 08131America/ChicagoThu, 28 Jan 2016 21:08:15 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I know, the bar was so low and somehow Trump lowered it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I know, the bar was so low and somehow Trump lowered it.

He didn't lower it , he is just capitalizing on it like the rest but in a different angle. The people are so desperate they WANT to believe what he is selling.

edit on 24131America/ChicagoThu, 28 Jan 2016 21:24:32 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

When was that? Because we have other sources saying in the past five years he has given just over 75k from his foundation.

just tonite he said he donated his own million.
edit on 1 28 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

He said he gave it tonight.

Better be legit...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As a followup (and I'm sure this will be mentioned elsewhere) the candidates and viewers said that without Trump, the debate seemed more substantive.
www.nbcnews.com...

Although ABC news' roundup of "best lines" doesn't reveal any of that substance: abcnews.go.com...

As to Trump and the veterans, the whole scenario really is eyebrow-raising.

According to one source, Trump has given more money to Hillary Clinton than he has to veterans (this story is worth a read, particularly if you're interested in the Trump vs veterans aspect. One ironic thing is that his charity website features a Ukranian actor portraying a US veteran. Apparently no US veterans were available to him for a photo-op) : www.thedailybeast.com...

Conspiracy lovers who like to chase the money trail for events will enjoy the note in the link above that Trump's foundation "gave $10,000 in 2012 to the Drumthwacket Foundation, which helps maintain the New Jersey governor’s mansion—and is dogged by charges that donors use it to curry favor with whoever is the state’s current governor"

As to how much money he gives the vets from this night's rally... as it turns out, we won't know until 2018.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Oh he's lowered the bar so much that the GOP may never fully recover from it and that says A LOT.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I am a Veteran and I say Trump made some of my disabled brothers about 7 million tonight.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Did he say where it was donated to?

Also didn't he also say that all of money from this even is also going to go vets?

I hope he sticks to his word, and that it is shown. Not just a 'trust me I donated it' type thing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join