It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans say Trump fundraiser uses them as ‘political props’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

You misinterpreted my statements though.
I don't have anything against vets. Just the ones who are liars and malcontents.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Liars and malcontents, geez that just aint human /s.

Greater love hath no man than the one who lays down his life for another.

Our vets deserve the right thing from their elected representatives, not some billionaire.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That billionaire said "i will raise money for vets" and he did just that.

Our elected officials said "vets will be taken care of" meanwhile we sit on lists waiting for care and dying.

Both made politically charged statements however one followed through with their statement.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

All the money in the world can't buy more trained doctors, nurses, therapists, psychologists. I guess he can send for more foreigners.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That is just a ridiculous analogy. Money is exactly how you get trained medical personnel. Unless they made all medical related schools and training programs free and all those individuals work with no pay.

All the money in the world would buy quite a few trained medical personnel.
edit on 30-1-2016 by TexasSeabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Our vets deserve the right thing from their elected representatives, not some billionaire.

Exactly! As the OP said

originally posted by: Byrd
a one-time donation really isn't "support" and he seems relatively unaware of the issues veterans are facing.

As veterans themselves have said, it seems to be just a PR move and they will be forgotten next week.

It's another propaganda piece in the drive to socialize war but privatize the costs of war. There has been a conservative (Republican) effort to privatize the VA, coming from another supposedly veterans group, Concerned Veterans for America

From a 2014 Stars&Stripes article

In the thick of this is Concerned Veterans for America, posing as a vet advocacy group and being rewarded for it. CVA press releases usually are partisan attacks. Its spokesman, Pete Hegseth, an Iraq war vet and Republican who ran for a U.S. Senate in 2012, is quoted often by major news outlets without mention of press reports associating CVA with the Koch brothers, libertarian billionaires who create public interest groups to oppose big government.

“They have these people out there saying, ‘We’re giving VA too much. We’re giving the Defense Department too much.’ Their whole purpose is to give support to anyone who wants to cut government, particularly for veterans.”

The theme that VA is too costly and ineffective is critical to a message of doubt in government programs. If the vast VA bureaucracy can’t satisfy your medical needs, isn’t it best to get care from the private sector?

Incidentally, unlike the private sector, VA doctors and hospitals have a firewall that prohibits Big Pharma from gouging the taxpayer. Put veteran care in the private sector and watch Big Pharma eat up the tax dollars.

In the big scam of things, I suppose WW is a couple steps above the other group he spoke in front of a few months ago
The Fake Vet Nonprofit that Sponsored Trump’s USS Iowa Speech on Veteran’s Issues

Charities have become big business over the years, with hefty salaries and perks for administrators and employees. Trump needs to stop using these groups as stage props. War is a serious function of government, and the government needs to seriously take care of their veterans.
edit on 30-1-2016 by desert because: sp and gr

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Wow, vets with stipulations regarding what their own begging can achieve for themselves. Like handing a bum with a sign that reads "need money, family starving, no money accepted from Trump supporters however"

The fact that you put the words "veterans", "begging", and "bums" all in the same paragraph makes me sick to my stomach.

Shame on you and your kind.

I need to step back from this thread before I break some T&C's.

Ugh...

Nuff said.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So how long do we need to wait to see these donations make their way to said vet's?

I know it won't be instant, just wondering if some one has an idea. I got my money on nothing coming up before monday and then after that Trump is going to come out and say how disappointed he is that all the money didn't make it to them for X reason.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

How much money you got on it? Wouldn't it he wise to put that towards your healthcare instead of making everyone else pay for it?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So the MSM managed to get some vets to say something against Trump. How predictable. Not all vets are nice people and there will be some that will take a little or a lot to say whatever you want them to say.

Not sure what Trump has to do. He gets his mates to donate $6m and he is getting criticised? Will he gain politically? Probably. Was he using them? Maybe. Does it matter? No. No laws were broken and it was a win / win. Trump gets some political points and vets get a donation. Thats called fair.

Also take note of the 'several vets' and who they are. A CEO responsible for admin and a 'pro-veterans group with a liberal agenda'. Oh and the story is coming out of Washington. I smell a rat. How many vets are actually grateful to Trump? I suspect the vast majority.

edit on 30/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kiloj

How much money you got on it? Wouldn't it he wise to put that towards your healthcare instead of making everyone else pay for it?

I appreciate you asking about my health care, I can assure you that I pay into it more than anyone else.
I would bet 5 bucks that not all 100% of the money he raised goes to vets like he said.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: Kiloj

I appreciate you asking about my health care, I can assure you that I pay into it more than anyone else.
I would bet 5 bucks that not all 100% of the money he raised goes to vets like he said.

I read on FB that it was 6 million split by 25 different organizations.

But, I once read on FB that Cat People were invading the Earth.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Ya I have heard the 6 million number, and have zero doubt it was raised.
Did it say that all 25 had already received the money?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya I have heard the 6 million number, and have zero doubt it was raised.
Did it say that all 25 had already received the money?

I really want to see a source...

I hope the money gets to the people that deserve it.

At least Trump did something. No Vet should suffer in this Country.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

At least Trump did something. No Vet should suffer in this Country.

Agreed, we spend FAR to much money sending them out and then forget about them it seems when they come back.

I am sure they are going to get some money, I just have a hard time believing 100% is going to go to them. And some of that I am willing to admit would be out of Trump's control, but I also think his foundation is going to take some. If I am proved wrong, then it is a win for everyone.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Donald only cares about winning, making deals, and himself.

People should know this by now.

He couldn't give 2 #s about you.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Any donations anyone ever makes never goes 100% to whatever your giving it for. A percentage always goes to the salaries of workers for whatever charity and then to advertising and office supplies and the rest makes to wherever they decide it goes. The only way to guarantee where it goes 100% is to give it personally to someone that needs it.

If you would like to donate money directly to a disabled vet i will glady give you my address so you can send me a check.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It isn't surprising. The only thing I've found surprising about him is the number of good-natured people who still support him.

My guess is, he's the closest thing they have to a candidate voicing their frustration, and years of voting the "lesser of evils" has numbed them to the garbage Trump represents.

I couldn't imagine him using veterans as anything other than a prop. But then, is Hilary or anyone else any different? It's as trite a move as kissing babies for cameras.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Wow, vets with stipulations regarding what their own begging can achieve for themselves. Like handing a bum with a sign that reads "need money, family starving, no money accepted from Trump supporters however"

The fact that you put the words "veterans", "begging", and "bums" all in the same paragraph makes me sick to my stomach.

Shame on you and your kind.

I need to step back from this thread before I break some T&C's.

Ugh...

Nuff said.

I( stick to what I said. And I'll say it again.
Any VETERAN who refuses the generosity of others for their own political purposes, and uses that to defame another person's generosity IN A PUBLIC SETTING is everything that I said before and I stick to it.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Yeah, sure...all of trumps 1.5% of generosity..

~Tenth

Oh I see.

"Is this all I got for my allowance mommy? 1.5%? "

"You can keep it! I'll be in my room in the basement when dinner is ready"

Imagine a world where people being offered something to help them survive, is rejected because it just isn't enough. This is an example of that lack of honor, or dignity, or class I was mentioning earlier. I am embarrassed to have you prove to be one of them though.

Right, other people judging what is or is not enough for Trump to give is ridiculous. He does have a lot, which he earned, and no one even knows what else he gives money to. Vets aren't the only needy charity in the world. I think Trumps point in calling attention to vets is not to say that he should fix it the problem alone, using all of his own money. He is saying that all of the money being stolen by this nation and mis spent on the wrong things, needs to start being redirected towards the right things, such as vets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join