It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Multiple ‘Tremors’ or ‘Sonic Booms’ in NJ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

They're Primarily C-5s and C-17s. That's where the presidential transports come from. Langley is a huge fighter base. It's home of the First Fighter Wing.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sonic Boom

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Have had experience with them in Illinios.

If your not expecting it, it will scare the pants off ya.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah, i really don't know much about sonic booms so I figured they're loud but not enough to travel that far.

It's the winter and pretty cold out. Doesn't sound travel a lot farther in the colder weather?

We hear sonic booms a lot out here, they're talked about usually less than a day and always forgotten about.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Actually, one day when I was off and at home one happened above/around my house. It did scare the hell out of me. It sounded like SWAT was smashing my garage doors and front door in, lol. Scared the absolute hell out of me.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: C84K2
CNN is reporting it was possibly North Korea testing a H-bomb.

link

That is not what CNN reported at all...

CNN makes this claim with the opening sentence of the arcticle you linked, "The U.S. now believes North Korea might have attempted to test components of a hydrogen bomb on January 6,"

News, posting, and current state don't mix well. You'd think ide learn, but nooo0oo. I apologize for my stupidity and vow to do better or plead to a mod to have my account put on a permanent posting ban forever as it seems it may be the only solution to prevent this from re-occurring.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: soekvg

Sonic booms can be felt hundreds of miles away depending on conditions. The fighters causing the booms would have been out of Oceana, Pax River, Otis, or Langley most likely.

Wouldn't Norad know? Or are you saying its not for laypeople to know. I would understand that.

For a sonic boom to travel hundreds of miles it would need to be 90,000 + feet I would think.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The Air Force has a Mobility Wing there. The Navy brings fighters in to test catapults and arresting gear. They may have a few based there, but from what I've always heard, they TDY through for testing purposes.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

This give more details

6abc.com...

The USGS explained, "A Sonic boom travels through the air w/the airplaine, so it arrives at different ground locations at different times.
edit on 28-1-2016 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2Actually, it was updated today, so you were not far off at all. I'm really hoping that's NOT what it was! I appreciate any & all articles, as we STILL have no idea what it really was. Pssstt.....thanks for checking it out. I appreciate people's interest in our tiny state, & you all trying to help figure out what it was.......

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

One other theory I have is, multiple meteorites smaller than the Chelyabinsk Russia meteorite, as they didn't cause any damage, exploded in the atmosphere high above the region? I mean, we didn't even see that meteorite coming, it wasn't tracked, nothing. It was a surprise. It was also darker out so it lit the sky up. This was mid day with the sun high in the sky, people about their busy lives. Perhaps they weren't bright enough to be seen.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I have also been envolved in an actual earthquake.

Not too much different. Never had the rattling.

But I think Zap mentioned the sound waves can be different and maybe stronger over water.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They even have PineHill listed, at the bottom. That's my next town over. TY for the link

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

At 60,000 feet the Concorde sonic footprint would cover 75-100 miles. Farther if it was over water and conditions were right. During winter months of 1976-1978, secondary booms from the Concorde flights were monitored in northern Sweden, 3,000 miles away from where the Concorde flights were going from Europe to the US.

And Norad would know, but wouldn't say because the project is classified.
edit on 1/28/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

During the 70s they did tests in various parts of the world that monitored either the sonic boom itself, or a secondary boom, anywhere from 570 miles to over 3,000 miles from the actual aircraft leaving the boom.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

At 60,000 feet the Concorde sonic footprint would cover 75-100 miles. Farther if it was over water and conditions were right. During winter months of 1976-1978, secondary booms from the Concorde flights were monitored in northern Sweden, 3,000 miles away from where the Concorde flights were going from Europe to the US.

True but its quite a bit bigger than any fighter plane I know of. But I had no idea that was possible. I was just looking at the basic math but there are a lot of variables including air density (winter cold dense air). I also guess it could be continuesly supersonic along a line a hundred miles off the coast of jersey and Connecticut. The hearing 3000 miles is that with equipment or people on the ground?

Norad would still know regardless I guess the question is if they would say or not.

We have lots of helicopters over Columbia today but I am surrounded by bases here not unusual.

This is interesting to me I am a sound engineer. When I am not getting sick from my three children and their friends. Being a kids judo and wrestling coach doesn't help either. Cough cough.
edit on 28-1-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS Thank our lucky stars it wasn't something that catastrophic. I imagine a mad max like world if his ass ever strikes our fragile earth.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The shape of the aircraft makes all the difference as to how far the effects are felt. We had F-4 Phantoms in Hawaii in the 80s, and in the 30,000 foot range, they were feeling the effects from them as far as 150 miles when conditions were right.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The shape of the aircraft makes all the difference as to how far the effects are felt. We had F-4 Phantoms in Hawaii in the 80s, and in the 30,000 foot range, they were feeling the effects from them as far as 150 miles when conditions were right.

Dang. Too many variables for me to just do the math I guess.

These plane (s)were obviously on radar though I assume today. If the boom was heard why not just say it was a plane. Cats out of the bag. It's either a plane or something unknown which scares the public more .
edit on 28-1-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Some of the programs have been highly classified 20+ years on. It's institutional momentum to deny that they exist at this point. I know of one that's going on almost 40 years that it's been in the black, and it's still almost unknown to anyone that doesn't have access. The fact that it exists has been rumored and accepted for years, but people that actually know the designation or what it looks like are almost unheard of.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Supposedly, FA claims it was a F-35C doing the booms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join