It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is never a loss of consciousness in your life

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherdaytoday
The witness in you is the same witness in every body.
I urge you to listen to this talk - he goes deep into the three states that appear to the witness - waking state, dream state and deep sleep from around 21 mins, if you want to skip.

I found this talk to be one of the best explanations I have heard.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Maybe you could explain what is wrong and explain what is in your opinion right.
Sorry I do not click links on ATS as it is not safe.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

In deep sleep (not dreaming state) there is nothing to be aware of - nothing is appearing - no things are present to be seen/known. Just because there is nothing appearing does not mean there is a loss of consciousness - consciousness is always present - in deep sleep there is just nothing to see/know.

This is wrong and you don't have to click my other post included why.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

In deep sleep (not dreaming state) there is nothing to be aware of - nothing is appearing - no things are present to be seen/known. Just because there is nothing appearing does not mean there is a loss of consciousness - consciousness is always present - in deep sleep there is just nothing to see/know.

This is wrong and you don't have to click my other post included why.

Is there something appearing in deep sleep?
I am sorry but it is difficult to have a discussion when all there is is a statement of 'wrong'. Ok so you say it is wrong - so what?
edit on 31-1-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Obviously or your brain would be quiet.

I don't know why really but almost everything you say just feels so wrong.
Like this:

You are not just watching you are acting. Every thought and every word and all that is an action.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Obviously or your brain would be quiet.

It is like we are speaking a different language - what do you mean by 'obviously or your brain would be quiet'? What is that the answer to? Is it the answer to 'Is there something appearing in deep sleep?' If it is then - what have you experienced in deep sleep? Is your brain noisy in deep sleep? Can you know anything at all when you are in deep sleep?

I don't know why really but almost everything you say just feels so wrong.
Like this:

You are not just watching you are acting. Every thought and every word and all that is an action.

Of course it feels wrong - it is not what is commonly believed. The assumption is that you are the doer of thought, the doer of actions - but it can be verified.
Until you realize that you are merely the witness, there will be suffering. The end of suffering from 'something' that is not true will set 'you' free.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

You're right it is pointless trying to talk to you. Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Of course it feels wrong - it is not what is commonly believed.

I don't think Peeple was comparing it to what is commonly believed.

The assumption is that you are the doer of thought, the doer of actions - but it can be verified.

Sounds like leaving things in god's hands. People who do that probably feel that it is some type of verification as well.

Until you realize that you are merely the witness, there will be suffering. The end of suffering from 'something' that is not true will set 'you' free.

I propose this as another of those things that "feels" wrong.
edit on 31-1-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So I have watched that video and can follow the thought. He says that we are only witnesses of everything (the witness of our body, the witness of our actions, etc.).

Basically everyone is a witness (for better understanding I imagine a "witness" like a tiny little spark of consciousness. And everyone else has a similar tiny little spark of consciousness. And in the video he says, that everyone *is* (and not *has*) a tiny little consciousness. So everyone of us *is* a consciousness.

However since everyone is bound to a body, we are tracted to its role in life. This means we play its role i.e. depending on the gender, be male, female, an animal, a plant, rich, poor... anything. On the surface this makes us individuals, but in reality we are all neutral. Is that right? Neutral beings. Neutral consciousness.

Since we are bound in a body and we little sparks are physically separated from one another, this still makes us a "you" and "me", doesn't it?

I wonder if there is something missing. Is every spark of consciousness on the same level as the others? Are there brighter and darker sparks? What happens to this consciousness after death? Is it just floating around for new adventures? (Or am I drifting offtopic?....)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join