It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Straw that breaks the camel's back

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this will be touching on the fringes of T&C, but I see a lot of people saying "well if such and such happens there will be a revolt" or "if the government crosses such and such line people will revolt"

What would actually be the straw that breaks the camel's back (you) ? Would it be mass corruption at an uncontrollable level? Would it be a nationwide censorship of the internet? Over taxation? What is the one thing that would actually cause a revolution? Violent or non-violent?

Personally, I can't say what the final straw for me would be, there could be lots of reasons I guess, but ultimately I would think if it was something completely out of my control and it was going to threaten my life then I might step up and do my part. So keep it within T&C but what would be the final straw for YOU or your family, or neighbors.

The reason I bring this up is because of several disputes I've seen about different circumstances in the recent years, and currently with this new Bundy thing going on, there are people who agree with it, and then those who don't. Personally I don't think they are the ones to lead a true revolution, although their fight against government land acquisition via imminent domain laws and regulations is a real issue, but it doesn't have the right spokesman.

*DISCLAIMER - THIS IS NOT A CALL TO ARMS*

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I think mandatory brain implants is where I'd finally draw the line.
If they can control my thoughts and dreams then there is nothing left.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It's guns.

If they try to disarm, the country will split.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

I think mandatory brain implants is where I'd finally draw the line.
If they can control my thoughts and dreams then there is nothing left.

Interesting. I'd hope people would stop this before it happens. If you do some digging around you can see that people can be programmed and manipulated without an implant via subliminal messaging.

I also believe there will be no need for a microchip with the advent of wireless technology. Cellphones, cars, TV's, hell anything that has an internet connection could potentially track you just the same.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

There won't be one... there have been so many scandals and huge levels of exposed criminality and cover-ups and still people don't rise up in vast or significant numbers.
Occupy got close but then the media just turned on them and demonized them and people ate it up and believed they were all jobless scumbag hippies.
What the elite are doing in restricting freedoms, keeping people under the boot, robbing the worlds wealth and generally screwing people, is so widespread and systemic that it's probably too late to do anything.
They even restrict protests now and have laws about all manner of things that people years ago just would not have stood for.

We are apathetic, distracted, worried about our jobs/future and fearful, so that most just don't have the time, energy or inclination to "rise up" or stop the injustices and "take the power back"

It just will not happen.

Sad but true.
edit on 26/1/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

It's guns.

If they try to disarm, the country will split.

I would think this is the most likely situation where people would stand up. Hopefully we don't come to that kind of situation, I love guns, but I really don't want to use them to kill people if i can help it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

There won't be one... there have been so many scandals and huge levels of exposed criminality and cover-ups and still people don't rise up in vast or significant numbers.
Occupy got close but then the media just turned on them and demonized them and people ate it up and believed they were all jobless scumbag hippies.
What the elite are doing in restricting freedoms, keeping people under the boot, robbing the worlds wealth and generally screwing people, is so widespread and systemic that it's probably too late to do anything.
They even restrict protests now and have laws about all manner of things that people years ago just would not have stood for.

We are apathetic, distracted, worried about our jobs/future and fearful, so that most just don't have the time, energy or inclination to "rise up" or stop the injustices and "take the power back"

It just will not happen.

Sad but true.

You make a good point. Perhaps people are too nullified or jaded to even see a reason to fight. Kind of like cows or sheep, at first when you put them in a new pen they might freak out and what not, but eventually they will be used to their surroundings and will stop trying to buck the system.

I hope people still have a love for freedom, and don't become the ignorant masses we hear of. Hopefully if there is a revolution it can be handled appropriately.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Either mandatory chip implants or gun confiscation would probably be enough to send it over the edge. This is interesting because the removal of cash from society is going to create some new dynamics. How many people will go to bartering outside the system? What will government do in response?

I don't think anyone would standby while large roundups of citizens are taking place and sending them to reeducation camps if that ever happened. I guess I can concur with you there are a few different things that could result in revolt. And the thing is the governments that may be considering this are bringing in many more radical people that would probably be much more likely to revolt. Is that the plan?

Have citizens not fallen for the bait yet requiring them to create situations to get us to do it? Because in the end they know if they initiate something on that scale they would probably lose badly. If citizens see it as some radical group starting things with the government they may not want to join in. It seems to me they are already pretty much ready, but what will be the catalyst remains elusive other than a gun grab.

edit on 26/1/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Either mandatory chip implants or gun confiscation would probably be enough to send it over the edge. This is interesting because the removal of cash from society is going to create some new dynamics. How many people will go to bartering outside the system? What will government do in response? I don't think anyone would standby while large roundups of citizens are taking place and sending them to reeducation camps if that ever happened. I guess I can concur with you there are a few different things that could result revolt. And the thing is the governments that may be considering this are bringing in many more radical people that would probably be much more likely to revolt. Is that the plan. Have citizens not fallen for the bait yet requiring them ot create situations to get us to do it. Because in the end they know if they initiate something on that scale they would probably lose badly. If citizens see it as some radical group starting things with the government they may not want to join in. It seems to me they are already pretty much ready, but what will be the catalyst remains elusive other than a gun grab.

ohh good one, abolishing the cash system. Being forced to deal with a cashless society, and lose total control over finances.

Perhaps they are letting all of these refugees and immigrants flood these countries so they can dilute the free thinking population and create more mindless drones to replace those who push for change? There could be many angles that can cause revolt it seems. What would it be to unite the collective as they say?

So far it seems like we have Guns, Microchips, Cashless Society

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I hope more people participate in this thread, it'd be interesting to see what the top reasons would be.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

ohh good one, abolishing the cash system. Being forced to deal with a cashless society, and lose total control over finances.

Perhaps they are letting all of these refugees and immigrants flood these countries so they can dilute the free thinking population and create more mindless drones to replace those who push for change? There could be many angles that can cause revolt it seems. What would it be to unite the collective as they say?

I know I would revolt over them forcing a chip on me for tracking, surveillance, and ability to engage the economic system. I see it being with cards initially as people are getting used to it already and they have many with chips already. The cash going away is going to be sold as a way to stop crime, i.e. drug dealing, robbery, etc. After they have the cash removed, then, they will say the cards can be stolen and used by others, so we have to get rid of the cards and go with RF and Bio-metric security. That would cause a lot of people problems I would think.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

For me as an active duty service member, it would be the point at which I was ordered to fire on Americans.

Everthing up to that, would be up to you the American citizens to address and correct.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Honestly the camels back broke a long time ago, when we as citizens allowed those whom have brought us to this brink, whittled away at the Constitution to the point of now where almost everything "They" do seems to be pointing in the direction of tyranny.

I honestly think the Ferguson was a test run to see how jacked the MSM and it's controllers could push people. Then came Baltimore, which in my eyes backfired because it didn't get as violent as they thought it would.

Just my opinion, but it will either be racially provoked OR by cutting some form of benefits that many poor and elderly depend on.....

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I know I would revolt over them forcing a chip on me for tracking, surveillance, and ability to engage the economic system. I see it being with cards initially as people are getting used to it already and they have many with chips already. The cash going away is going to be sold as a way to stop crime, i.e. drug dealing, robbery, etc. After they have the cash removed, then, they will say the cards can be stolen and used by others, so we have to get rid of the cards and go with RF and Bio-metric security. That would cause a lot of people problems I would think.

Funny you mentioned chipped credit/debit cards. I just got a new set of cards and they have this new chip in them to "enhance security" What is it really for though I wonder? It is a system developed and run by banks, so its obviously not as harmless as it seems IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

In the Us it is about guns while in Canada its about Bacon ....

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Everyone already has a tracking chip... it is called your cell phone.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Honestly the camels back broke a long time ago, when we as citizens allowed those whom have brought us to this brink, whittled away at the Constitution to the point of now where almost everything "They" do seems to be pointing in the direction of tyranny.

I honestly think the Ferguson was a test run to see how jacked the MSM and it's controllers could push people. Then came Baltimore, which in my eyes backfired because it didn't get as violent as they thought it would.

Just my opinion, but it will either be racially provoked OR by cutting some form of benefits that many poor and elderly depend on.....

Fair point.

It brings to mind the mis-treatment of retired vets to mind.

Maybe it will be the media who starts the revolution by stirring the sh#
edit on 1/26/2016 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Everyone already has a tracking chip... it is called your cell phone.

This is how I view it also. These phones are so advanced, and will continue to evolve even more.. GPS is already pretty handy for tracking, so no need for a chip.. because then people would know something was up. Currently, people willingly purchase tracking devices

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Take a hammer and smash the chip. BTW, if you are carrying those they can be read from something like 100ft away. They make wallets that will conceal the RF signal from getting out in such a case.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Unfortunately I disagree, I think a lot of people routinely call for rounding up various ethnic groups or particular religions in many countries. Just look at recent rhetoric in the press - Trump on Islam for instance.

So that may be another 'straw' for some.

Every civilisation before us has gone through the same thing - by the time average person is comfortable in life the corruption at the top is so entrenched that things start to fall apart while the once irate and independent populous has come to rely completely on the state and big business.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join